If you could only pick one act...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duende View Post

like the David Byrne show the previous year, Marty’s set at the Strawberry Music Fest was, I believe, the best live show I caught in 2019.
    You're party responsible for introducing me to the magic of the Marty Party. Thank you for that!

Comment

One for each stage:

Acura: Neil and the Horse
      Gentilly: Gillian Welch
      Fais do do: Warren Storm & Yvette Landry playing their recent record
      Congo: Black Pumas
      Blues: Campbell Brothers
      Jazz: Nerija
      J&H: Jupiter & Okwess I know they played the last 2 years, looking for a hat trick
      Gospel: Shirley Caesar
      Economy: Any band containing Don Vappie
      Lagniappe: Amanda Anne Platt & The Honeycutters
      Cultural Pavilion: Imarhan
      Interview: Tom Waits I can dream, no?

Comment

Brave Combo. Considering it's not really that far from Denton, Texas to New Orleans I'm surprised they never got a gig. My alltime favorite band at my alltime favorite festival would be heaven.

Poncho Sanchez. I still maintain his set at JF '99 was one of the best I've ever seen there; wall to wall Latin boogaloo dance mania.

La Bottine Souriante. I still maintain their set at JF '99 was one of the best I've ever seen there; wall to wall Quebecois dance mania.

Paky Saavedra. Has he really not played the fest in 10 years?

Comment

Has anyone else noticed that Threadheads are really really bad at following thread starter instructions?
          Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by saturn View Post
            Last night we went to a show with G Love and Special Sauce. Shamarr Allen and his band opened for them.

I was impressed. I think the Jazzfest crowd would like G Love.
            G Love played with Anders at Tip's last month along with John Mooney. He's still got "The Juice"!

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post
              Has anyone else noticed that Threadheads are really really bad at following thread starter instructions?
              Don’t answer the question you were asked, answer the question you wish you were asked.

Comment

Ever seen a political debate?

Comment

Originally posted by JerryFest View Post
                  Since I can't see Talking Heads......TURKUAZ, JERRY HARRISON & ADRIAN BELEW
                  https://www.axs.com/events/390481/tu...rns-40-tickets

Comment

micheal kiwankua... happy new year jordan...

might somewhat satiate the long held desires of many to dip into the pool of soulful bliss that bill withers wondrously crafted...

Comment

Yeah, well, since I won't be there I'm four times as wishful as the average Threadhead...

Comment

My wife chimed in and said Lettuce. They obviously play night shows at Jazzfest, but I assume she means at the Fairgrounds.

I feel like we have plenty of other opportunities to see them, including Sweetwater 420 Fest here in Atlanta. But I do love that band, and I think they would kill it at the Fest, so I see her point.

Comment

Originally posted by RobJohnson View Post
                          My wife chimed in and said Lettuce. They obviously play night shows at Jazzfest, but I assume she means at the Fairgrounds.

I feel like we have plenty of other opportunities to see them, including Sweetwater 420 Fest here in Atlanta. But I do love that band, and I think they would kill it at the Fest, so I see her point.
                          They just announced RAGE!fest for 1st weekend (much to our chagrin, we're only coming for 2nd weekend). Saturday, April 25th at the Orpheum. https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/1B00582E9DBA231A

Comment

I went to Spoon opening for Cage the Elephant, but I arrived late and in the middle of Spoon's set. I loved what I heard. I wish I could do it over again.

Comment

Some interesting choices have been mentioned above, but in the spirit of diversity and inclusion, I have to point out that it has been over 30 posts since someone last mentioned Lizzo.

I thought we were better than that...

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go find an appropriate thread where I can grandly proclaim that I don't actually know where the Acura Stage is located, and how all I listen to anymore is Ethiopian Masenqo quartets and "UK Jazz"

Comment

Crap. Good for you 2nd weekenders.

Comment

Working...
                                X