Line Up is Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lonewolf32 View Post

It will be my second time. I was there for strictly Pearl Jam back in 2016, and didn't get a chance to explore.

Besides BNAs, if i had to guess, I'd probably enjoy the Blues Tent. Most blues. Jon Spencer Blues Explosion (A Ass Pocket Full of Whisky), RL Burnside, Junior Kimbrough, Black Pistol Fire, Black Keys etc. Laid back blues, but also something to get the blood flowing.

But I'll be sure to make the rounds.
    I love to make a round like this: blues tent, gospel tent, lagniappe stage ( check out the exhibits, interviews and cooking demos in addition to the music), across the track to kids tent and economy hall and then take a direct left out of economy and walk on the grassy path to Jazz and heritage. At jazz and heritage, look across the infield. You'll see a beer tent. That's where threadheads volunteer and also hang out behind the beer tent. Across from the back of the beer tent is the international pavillion. As to which day, if you have time, start listening to live youtube videos of the bands. Whichever day you choose, it will be great!

Comment

• [QUOTE=saturn;n846096]

Molly Tuttle is a young country?-folk performer out of Nashville. I am really looking forward to seeing her. Killer guitar player. Interesting side-note - she has alopecia and is bald - she usually wears a wig but more recently has been letting the bald head show.

I could be wrong but I might not call her music country.

Meet Molly Tuttle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtKKKMWrt_M

Comment

• I'll add:
        UNCLE NEF FEATURING SHANNON POWELL AND DARREN HOFFMAN – this collaboration seemed to go under the radar last year- lots of distortion and ambient sounds with energy. I loved the album that they put out last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post
          I love to make a round like this: blues tent, gospel tent, lagniappe stage ( check out the exhibits, interviews and cooking demos in addition to the music), across the track to kids tent and economy hall and then take a direct left out of economy and walk on the grassy path to Jazz and heritage. At jazz and heritage, look across the infield. You'll see a beer tent. That's where threadheads volunteer and also hang out behind the beer tent. Across from the back of the beer tent is the international pavillion. As to which day, if you have time, start listening to live youtube videos of the bands. Whichever day you choose, it will be great!
          your wise advice is pretty much the route of choice to start each day...
          then hit the track to travel clockwise, comin' up the outside of acura, back to the track, outside of congo,
          cross the field to the inside of fais do do, back to track,.. up the 1st bridge to gentilly... high ground is the key for the breeze... lather, rinse, repeat...

it's a marathon,.. not a sprint...
          that is,.. until the need to sprint hits,..
          then it's every festing head to him or herself...

Comment

• Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Someone needs to find that Thread ( Lit ? ). A classic that must make it's seasonal return for the newbies.
            That wasn't even in the Top 10 as far as classics go.

I was partial to the elderly, frugal gentleman looking for advice on stylish, exclusive parking lots to sleep in (and to subsequently dispose of his urine-filled Gatorade bottles in) who was indignant when it was suggested that the local neighbors might be averse to his thrifty and ecologically unsound plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lonewolf32 View Post

It will be my second time. I was there for strictly Pearl Jam back in 2016, and didn't get a chance to explore.

Besides BNAs, if i had to guess, I'd probably enjoy the Blues Tent. Most blues. Jon Spencer Blues Explosion (A Ass Pocket Full of Whisky), RL Burnside, Junior Kimbrough, Black Pistol Fire, Black Keys etc. Laid back blues, but also something to get the blood flowing.

But I'll be sure to make the rounds.
              Oh, you like the same sort of stuff that my fella likes (I do also). Here are my recommendations for first weekend:
              Thursday: I think you'll like the distorted guitar in Uncle Nef, it gets droning and ambient. I also think you'll like Johnny Sansone.
              Friday: New Orleans Guitar Masters, Mem Shannon, and you'll love Alex McMurray
              Saturday: Samantha Fish and Little Freddie King for sure. Bill Kirchen, and check out Helen Gillet. You might like Sasha Masakowski & Art Market
              Sunday : Zachary Richard, Andrew Duhon, New Orleans Klezmer Allstars, and do not miss the Electrifying Crown Seekers in the Gospel tent- they can really get rocking.

Comment

• Lonewolf

Your getting some great advice from fichadelphia , funkjunkie & others.

Blues is in my DNA.

So 1st weekend Blues Tent.
                Another vote for:
                Johnny Sansone, Samantha Fish, Guitar Masters!!! (might not be in Blues Tent)
                & Bill Kirchen.
                Bill Kirchen from the Comander Cody & Lost Planet Airman

Commander Cody – Hotrod Lincoln Lyrics

My pappy said "Son, you're gonna drive me to drinkin',
                If you don't stop drivin' that Hot Rod Lincoln. "

Comment

• Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post

Oh, you like the same sort of stuff that my fella likes (I do also). Here are my recommendations for first weekend:
                  Thursday: I think you'll like the distorted guitar in Uncle Nef, it gets droning and ambient. I also think you'll like Johnny Sansone.
                  Friday: New Orleans Guitar Masters, Mem Shannon, and you'll love Alex McMurray
                  Saturday: Samantha Fish and Little Freddie King for sure. Bill Kirchen, and check out Helen Gillet. You might like Sasha Masakowski & Art Market
                  Sunday : Zachary Richard, Andrew Duhon, New Orleans Klezmer Allstars, and do not miss the Electrifying Crown Seekers in the Gospel tent- they can really get rocking.
                  Such a helpful post, for anyone. Thank you.

Comment

• Saturday 4/25: Charlie Musselwhite!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kh1958 View Post

She is playing twice at the Big Ears Festival in Knoxville, Tennessee, in March. Smarter than Jazz Fest.
                      That looks like a great fest. Even Christian Scott aTunde Adjuah is playing. For some reason he is not playing The Jazz Fest again this year. I may try and get up there for at least one day. Love Jazz Fest (living nearby helps) but that fest has more of the kind of music that I am into at this point. Not into the direction JF has been going with the pop and oldie acts and not much interesting jazz which this fest has.

Comment

• Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post

That wasn't even in the Top 10 as far as classics go.

I was partial to the elderly, frugal gentleman looking for advice on stylish, exclusive parking lots to sleep in (and to subsequently dispose of his urine-filled Gatorade bottles in) who was indignant when it was suggested that the local neighbors might be averse to his thrifty and ecologically unsound plan.
                        That was a good one, as was the 'History of the Jazz Fest Poles' and that thread with ETG "party till you puke" Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post

Somebody points out an act you like is generally favored by people 30 years younger than you and you can't quite seem to get past it. But whatever, enjoy yourself, I think i need a couple of years break from internet posting anyway. Bye all.
                          C'mon, man.

You said something silly, and I've been having fun with it. There's no reason to have hard feelings over something so trivial. This is no different than lamb vindaloo pizza or dinks or psychotic cab rides or any one of countless recurring themes here. I have absolutely nothing against you. In fact, I've enjoyed your contributions here. Personally, I don't really care whether you or anyone else likes Lizzo or wants to see her on any particular stage. None of that matters to me, and everyone is free to like or dislike whatever they please. Honestly, I never even thought you disliked Lizzo. I just thought you believed her audience was still drinking milk from a nipple, and they're a bit older than that (although some of us still appreciate a nice nipple or two).

Comment

• LordHorror and his agents continue to bully me over confusing Al and Larry and I continue to show up here.

Comment

• Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
                              I'll add:
                              UNCLE NEF FEATURING SHANNON POWELL AND DARREN HOFFMAN – this collaboration seemed to go under the radar last year- lots of distortion and ambient sounds with energy. I loved the album that they put out last year.
                              Not sure how I missed this. Just checked 'em out. Pretty cool. Not the kind of music I ever thought Shannon would be playing. He tend to play more trad jazz.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Fred (Texas JF Fanatic);n846140]
                                Originally posted by saturn View Post

Molly Tuttle is a young country?-folk performer out of Nashville. I am really looking forward to seeing her. Killer guitar player. Interesting side-note - she has alopecia and is bald - she usually wears a wig but more recently has been letting the bald head show.

I could be wrong but I might not call her music country.

Meet Molly Tuttle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtKKKMWrt_M
                                She's currently in Mexico with Dead & Company, she posted this the other day: https://youtu.be/QK8GGKknhIc

Comment

Working...
                                X