Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Line Up is Up!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Okay..The two Saturdays have special pricing...$10-$15 more. Second Saturday has Dead and Co. and Lizzo. But first Saturday has The Who...who were there in 2015....and who else? Maybe a TBA to be named later? Pearl Jam?

    Comment


    • #77
      Who is missing? Iceman Special, Egg Yolk Jubilee, Shotgun Jazz Band, Royal Roses, Marshland, Brass-a-holics, Dave Jordan and NIA, Foundations of Funk (but get the Neville tribute set), Kumasi, Corey Henry, Deslondes, Chris Smither, Tin Men.

      Aurora in a tribute set, and in Panorama Jazz. And, Marla is there in Shake Em Up Jazz Band.

      Who else?

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Molo View Post
        Who is missing? Iceman Special, Egg Yolk Jubilee, Shotgun Jazz Band, Royal Roses, Marshland, Brass-a-holics, Dave Jordan and NIA, Foundations of Funk (but get the Neville tribute set), Kumasi, Corey Henry, Deslondes, Chris Smither, Tin Men.

        Aurora in a tribute set, and in Panorama Jazz. And, Marla is there in Shake Em Up Jazz Band.

        Who else?
        Christian Scott aTunde Adjuah, easily the hottest New Orleans jazz artist today.

        No Corey Henry? Somethin' ain't right. Midnight Disturbers?

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

          Christian Scott aTunde Adjuah, easily the hottest New Orleans jazz artist today.

          No Corey Henry? Somethin' ain't right. Midnight Disturbers?
          Disturbers are there.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Molo View Post

            Disturbers are there.
            I meant I think Corey usually plays with them but he deserves his own set.

            Comment


            • #81
              No Luke Winslow King.......I’m bummed. Glad to see Andrew Duhon on schedule.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by zzupschuck View Post
                Okay..The two Saturdays have special pricing...$10-$15 more. Second Saturday has Dead and Co. and Lizzo. But first Saturday has The Who...who were there in 2015....and who else? Maybe a TBA to be named later? Pearl Jam?
                The pricing seems to be for the day, not for a specific band. That eases things if someone has to cancel, it won't be a fiasco like the Stones and then Fleetwood Mac were last year. Saturdays are historically the biggest crowds, so maybe this is a way to try to even things out a bit, get the not-every-day folks to opt for Friday or Sunday instead?
                Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

                Comment


                • #83
                  Or just to squeeze a bit more $$ out of the most-attended days?

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    No Aurora as bandleader? She is the premier player in the city IMO.
                    I know she will be playing in different configurations....I loved her as part of NOKAS a year or two ago.
                    But with dat Royal band, she is superb and needs to be a BNA somewhere in the world.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Dr. A. View Post
                      No Aurora as bandleader? She is the premier player in the city IMO.
                      I know she will be playing in different configurations....I loved her as part of NOKAS a year or two ago.
                      But with dat Royal band, she is superb and needs to be a BNA somewhere in the world.
                      She played with Klezmer's year before last '18 -- one of their best sets ever -- not in '19. It's hard to believe she doesn't have her own spot. Maybe she didn't want it???

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by swag View Post

                        The pricing seems to be for the day, not for a specific band. That eases things if someone has to cancel, it won't be a fiasco like the Stones and then Fleetwood Mac were last year. Saturdays are historically the biggest crowds, so maybe this is a way to try to even things out a bit, get the not-every-day folks to opt for Friday or Sunday instead?
                        This was in Offbeats Weekend Beat email...
                        Over the course of eight days—April 23 through 26 and April 30 through May 3— legions of music fans from all over the world will be treated to performances from hundreds of local bands and The Who, Pearl Jam, Dead & Company, Stevie Nicks, Foo Fighters, Lizzo, Lionel Richie and more.
                        Notice Pearl Jam? Offbeat has since tweeted this was a mistake.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by thebluesdoctor View Post
                          As a zydeco lover, once again I'm underwhelmed for sure. The same zydeco bands year after year after year. Whoever books zydeco has no imagination whatsoever. It's not that I don't like those who are booked, it's that I'd like to see some variety for a change. There are plenty of good zydeco bands that have never played Jazz Fest, particularly from Texas.
                          I have been perplexed for sometime over a genuine dearth of Texas bands at Jazzfest of all varieties over the years. It used not to be so obvious because there was in fact some representation. I went to the first three ACL festivals and in fact the entire shebang was modeled after Jazzfest. There appeared to be a connection of sorts. After Katrina struck the gulf, in visits to Festivals Acadiens, when speaking with some of the genuine coonasses, there had developed a clear animosity towards New Orleans, the city, and a drift towards an identification with Texas. They felt that New Orleans had received much more favorable treatment with respect to storm recovery that they and parts of Texas had from a variety of agencies. Perhaps that feeling of distance and animosities is being reflected by Quint and the gang? I could and probably am, way off base, but whatever the reason, it is a shame. There is some doggone good music over in Texas.
                          Oh, and yes, I know that there is at least one Texas based band on the line-up. That at first glance.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by Molo View Post
                            Who is missing? Iceman Special, Egg Yolk Jubilee, Black Laurel, Shotgun Jazz Band, Royal Roses, Marshland, Brass-a-holics, Dave Jordan and NIA, Foundations of Funk (but get the Neville tribute set), Kumasi, Corey Henry, Deslondes, Chris Smither, Tin Men.

                            Aurora in a tribute set, and in Panorama Jazz. And, Marla is there in Shake Em Up Jazz Band.

                            Who else?
                            I think you got most of them.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by Molo View Post
                              Who is missing? Iceman Special, Egg Yolk Jubilee, Shotgun Jazz Band, Royal Roses, Marshland, Brass-a-holics, Dave Jordan and NIA, Foundations of Funk (but get the Neville tribute set), Kumasi, Corey Henry, Deslondes, Chris Smither, Tin Men.

                              Aurora in a tribute set, and in Panorama Jazz. And, Marla is there in Shake Em Up Jazz Band.

                              Who else?
                              I heard that Matt Perrine will be out of town for both f.q.f and first weekend of jazzfest, which might explain the lack of Tin Men.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Missing: Ingrid Lucia

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X