Brass pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brass pass

Hi All- This will be my first year at the Jazzfest. I have read about the Brass Pass and would love to help support this organization. I will be attending just the first weekend. Is there any forum or secondary marketplace where I can connect to anyone attending only the second weekend to split the cost? Thanks in advance!
    Alice

People use this forum to work out splits. With the new 4 day pass this year, it may be a bit harder, at least to recoup a full half share.

Comment

On the plus side, though, calculating the cost split will be much easier.
      Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

If anyone is interested, I have a Brass Available for sale for the second weekend.

Comment

I’ve done the whole enchilada with the Brass Pass for the past few years but this year, it’s weekend 1 for me! For my musical tastes, weekend 1 is it. I’ll surely be missing acts that I’ve seen: Campbell Brothers, Mr. Sipp and Brittany Howard. Honestly not happy with the Brass Pass hike!

Comment

Considering two brass passes for first weekend only. Looking for takers for two passes second weekend.

Comment

Going second weekend, would be interested in potentially splitting ^!

Comment

For anyone looking to split brass passes, especially the new folks (Welcome!), make sure to enable your private messaging so others can contact you.

Do that from this page:
                https://www.jazzfestforum.com/settings/account

Then, you can also go here to turn on email notifications for messages:
                https://www.jazzfestforum.com/settings/notifications

And, as always, use caution when dealing with folks you don't know, especially if they're new to the board. Paying cash, only at the time the brass pass is handed over, is always safest.
                Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

I have two brass passes available for the second weekend. Feel free to private message me.

Comment

Originally posted by JoesMoe View Post
                    I have two brass passes available for the second weekend. Feel free to private message me.
                    Joe, I just private messaged you.

Comment

Hey there. We have two brass passes available for second weekend (we are going first). We've done a split the past couple of years here on this forum and it's worked out very well.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by brpfest View Post
                        Hey there. We have two brass passes available for second weekend (we are going first). We've done a split the past couple of years here on this forum and it's worked out very well.

Cheers.
                        Can you tell me a little more about the Brass Pass. I've googled it but would love to hear from a festie.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDudeAbidesinMS View Post

Can you tell me a little more about the Brass Pass. I've googled it but would love to hear from a festie.
                          PERKS:

- admission for one every day of Jazz Fest
                          - Your ticket is actually a barcoded keychain.
                          - You have "in and out" privileges, i.e. you can leave Jazz Fest and then come back in the same day.
                          - You have access to the WWOZ hospitality tent, which provides an ample supply of fresh fruit, drinking water, and iced coffee, along with relatively clean portalets with a relatively short line, and a place to just sit down and relax.
                          - Part of the price includes a tax-deductible donation to WWOZ (assuming you can still itemize on your taxes).
                          - Membership to WWOZ includes some discounts at local vendors, including Louisiana Music Factory.

In the past, the cost of the brass pass wasn't that much more than the cost of face value tickets, so I bought a brass pass for a number of years and loved it. In my view, the brass pass price has now skyrocketed to a level that doesn't justify the use of my funds. Five years ago, the brass pass cost $500 and enabled you to bring a guest into the hospitality tent. Now it costs $800 (including an additional day of the festival), and you cannot bring a guest into the hospitality tent. Instead of the brass pass, I opted to buy 4-day passes for each weekend. YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by groovy1967 View Post

has now skyrocketed to a level that doesn't justify the use of my funds. Five years ago, the brass pass cost $500 and enabled you to bring a guest into the hospitality tent. Now it costs $800 (including an additional day of the festival), and you cannot bring a guest into the hospitality tent. Instead of the brass pass, I opted to buy 4-day passes for each weekend. YMMV.
                            So, for all of the above it basically costs $100/day versus like $80ish, I believe, with the Ticketmaster fees. For me, the in-and-out, special shorter entry line and WWOZ tent make it worth it. We can go for part of a day and not feel like we'e "wasted" a ticket.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by ajsnj1126 View Post
                              Hi All- This will be my first year at the Jazzfest. I have read about the Brass Pass and would love to help support this organization. I will be attending just the first weekend. Is there any forum or secondary marketplace where I can connect to anyone attending only the second weekend to split the cost? Thanks in advance!
                              Alice
                              ajsnj1126, I pm'd you earlier expressing interest, but then I checked the cost. Imma have to express disinterest after that. Sorry bro.

Darrell

Comment

Working...
                              X