Big chief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big chief

After a 3 year absence, I'm thrilled to get back. My last trip to funky mecca, ended after dr John left the stage and stevie wonder was canceled. In the meantime, I've moved to socal and it is harder to get to nola. But, I got permission for my early 50th birthday present. 2nd weekend here I come! So being that I'm old now, I'm going with big chief.

My question is how quickly does it sell out, usually?
    Thank you in advance

LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER
    Last edited by eslmn1; 01-18-2020, 12:30 AM.

Checking my old blog posts...
    2019 was an anomaly, quick sellout due to the Stones.
    2018, as of Apr 18 still available, only 1st weekend Krewe had sold out
    2017, as of Apr 27, all VIP still available
    2016, sold out on or before Apr 5
    2015, down to "limited availability" as of Apr 21
    2014, 1st weekend sold out by Mar 30, 2nd weekend sold out Apr 1
    Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

50 is not old, BTW

Comment

Originally posted by festbabe View Post
        50 is not old, BTW
        I think you are correct, at least that is what I keep telling myself as I approach a birthday milestone beyond the 50s

Comment

Originally posted by festbabe View Post
          50 is not old, BTW
          Gonna have to speak up...
          I don't hear like I used to

Comment

50 is not old, but its a great excuse to treat yourself to a VIP pass.

Comment

Oh good, so turning 66 on first Thursday means I won’t get any shit about buying Grand Marshall tickets, LOL

Comment

Going GA as always at 63 with a knee replacement and all. Look for me swinging my lass at fais do do (well,may sit awhile in trad or jazz tent post dance though).

Comment

Originally posted by danlachman View Post
                  Oh good, so turning 66 on first Thursday means I won’t get any shit about buying Grand Marshall tickets, LOL
                  No problem there you will enjoy.

I was lucky enough to be gifted GM tickets for the whole deal a few years back along with my brother, by virtue of entertainment industry wheeling and dealing

And it was great.

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post

No problem there you will enjoy.

I was lucky enough to be gifted GM tickets for the whole deal a few years back along with my brother, by virtue of entertainment industry wheeling and dealing

And it was great.
                    I was just joking. We’ve bought Grand Marshalls for several years now. I was referencing the many people grumbling about the VIP tickets, some of them on this board.

Comment

We've been doing Grand Marshall for many years but the pricing is starting to be hard to justify. An open bar improved food in the GM tent could convince me other wise. Despite the complaining we will be GM for the first weekend this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Omardad View Post
                        We've been doing Grand Marshall for many years but the pricing is starting to be hard to justify. An open bar improved food in the GM tent could convince me other wise. Despite the complaining we will be GM for the first weekend this year.
                        We opted out of the GM last year after a lot of years using it. I just kept finding myself at other stages where it had no value and only at the main stages for 2 or 3 sets a day. Found ways last year to get close enough in the SRO areas to satisfy me and for the most part I've seen a lot of the headliners close up before. When the pen gets crowded it's not a lot of fun - especially the smell in the Gentily one. Agree on the open bar and food - it wasn't that big of a deal in the GM tent. The price jump in the last few years put it way over the top as far as every reaching a value. Price has close to doubled in the last 3-4 years.

Comment

I've only done Grand Marshal once, First Weekend in 2012 when the Acura headliners were Bruce, Tom Petty and the Beach Boys (with Brian Wilson). I just checked what I paid: $675 including shipping and all fees.

With one additional day the price is now $1,515 (without parking or shuttle).

Wow.

Comment

Working...
                          X