No announcement yet.

First Time Cruise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise companies really push the extra income generated from bar tabs , photos, and on board shopping. Save money on drinks by smuggling your own booze on board, heheh. Don 't pack the bottles. Pour the juice into refillable metal containers like a KleenCanteen so a bottle shape doesn't show up on an Xray. Split them between your bags. Drinks are really expensive on these boats and gratuities are automatically added. Expect a smaller size pour of wine to be about 12-15 dollars each.

Comment

Oh and fuck, fuck, fuck cocaine. Don't support cartel murders, skip the Yayo.

Comment

Oh for petes sake. Someone took me serious. Clean and sober. That’s how I live. We all know that.
        The boat has a chapel.

Comment

If I'm on a cruise, I'm going to want to smoke my ganja and drink a shitload of beer. Thus, why I don't go on cruises.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
            If I'm on a cruise, I'm going to want to smoke my ganja and drink a shitload of beer. Thus, why I don't go on cruises.
            Neither do I. Never have before. Doubt I'll become a regular, but I'm gonna try to have as much fun as possible and listen to as much music as I can. I'm sure I'll spend a shitload on beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post

Neither do I. Never have before. Doubt I'll become a regular, but I'm gonna try to have as much fun as possible and listen to as much music as I can. I'm sure I'll spend a shitload on beer.
              Your gonna have a LOT of fun...and hear a LOT of good music. Enjoy it!! I love cruising, fun, and music...I'm extremely jealous. Hurry back and tell us how it was.

Comment

One other comment on a more serious note. I am an early riser. In a fishing village the boats fire up early. Cruise life begins way later than is my routine. After the “pros” taught me about the coffee source on the Pearl I would leave my cabin early, get my coffee and go to one of the bar/bistro’s (forget name but it is the largest and overlooked the bow) and drink my coffee and watch sun come up. No one there but cleaning staff and doors were not locked. Quiet and pretty.
                Go to fantail for breakfast. Very pretty.

Comment

Be careful with your taking of Psychoactive Drugs.

Being on the open ocean is a bit different from heading over to Algiers Point on a 6 million dollar ferry.

We don't want a man over board

Comment

The lineup is great! Dale Watson, Jesse Dayton, Rosie Flores, Jesse Malin, Sara Gayle Meech etc are great.
                    I’m a claustrophobic germophobe who hates over paying for things so I doubt I’ll ever go on a cruise, but have a great time and report back!

Comment

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
                      The lineup is great! Dale Watson, Jesse Dayton, Rosie Flores, Jesse Malin, Sara Gayle Meech etc are great.
                      I’m a claustrophobic germophobe who hates over paying for things so I doubt I’ll ever go on a cruise, but have a great time and report back!
                      Never wanted to do a cruise. Too many horror stories, even though I love boats and the water. That lineup got me on board. Ahoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post
                        Be careful with your taking of Psychoactive Drugs.

Being on the open ocean is a bit different from heading over to Algiers Point on a 6 million dollar ferry.

We don't want a man over board
                        I sure as hell hope that I have better luck with this boat.

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post
                          One other comment on a more serious note. I am an early riser. In a fishing village the boats fire up early. Cruise life begins way later than is my routine. After the “pros” taught me about the coffee source on the Pearl I would leave my cabin early, get my coffee and go to one of the bar/bistro’s (forget name but it is the largest and overlooked the bow) and drink my coffee and watch sun come up. No one there but cleaning staff and doors were not locked. Quiet and pretty.
                          Go to fantail for breakfast. Very pretty.
                          Sunrise at sea appeals to me. I'm sure they have Cuervo. Naps may be necessary for the real late night shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Meters Fan View Post
                            Cruise companies really push the extra income generated from bar tabs , photos, and on board shopping. Save money on drinks by smuggling your own booze on board, heheh. Don 't pack the bottles. Pour the juice into refillable metal containers like a KleenCanteen so a bottle shape doesn't show up on an Xray. Split them between your bags. Drinks are really expensive on these boats and gratuities are automatically added. Expect a smaller size pour of wine to be about 12-15 dollars each.
                            For New Years Eve, I went on Amazon and bought this set of flexible, thin plastic flasks. I suspected we were only going to be subjected to metal detectors, so these things worked like a charm. For ten bucks, I think I got a funnel and ten of these flasks, ranging from 8 oz. to 32 oz. Supposedly, their primary function is for smuggling booze onto cruises, and while they got great reviews for that purpose, people did note that the 32 oz. flask was large enough that it registered on the luggage x-ray, as they got busted.

Comment

I get my shampoo, conditioner and dish soap from a company that sends me refills in these very durable vinyl pouches (with flat bottoms) that have screw tops (the tops are kind of like toothpaste tops) they are able to go through the dishwasher. I’m going to use one the next time I go to a sports stadium just to test them out. If it works as planned it’ll become my fest fortification system. They are 8 Oz each which is way more than enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post
                                I get my shampoo, conditioner and dish soap from a company that sends me refills in these very durable vinyl pouches (with flat bottoms) that have screw tops (the tops are kind of like toothpaste tops) they are able to go through the dishwasher. I’m going to use one the next time I go to a sports stadium just to test them out. If it works as planned it’ll become my fest fortification system. They are 8 Oz each which is way more than enough for me.
                                Re-use and re-cycle!

Comment

Working...
                                X