Ms Lena's Brigade 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ms Lena's Brigade 2020

Sign ups for the volunteer spots at the Diamondcutters' beverage tent will go live at 9pm eastern on Monday, the 27th. This will be our 20th year to help the Diamondcutters with their biggest yearly fundraiser to help fund their community outreach programs.

Fine print:
    You must be 21 to work in the tent.
    Since we open volunteer sign ups before any official vendor information is received for the upcoming Fest, we can not assure you that nothing will change from previous years. If any changes are necessary, we will communicate them as soon as possible. Volunteer spots will be filled on a first come, first serve basis.

Tip-tip-hooray !!

Comment

For newbies: the Zulu Diamondcutters Beer Tent aka Ms Lena's is the one across from the Jazz and Heritage Stage at the fairgrounds . If you volunteer, you can spend the rest of your day at the fairgrounds free of charge. Shifts are about 4 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post
        For newbies: the Zulu Diamondcutters Beer Tent aka Ms Lena's is the one across from the Jazz and Heritage Stage at the fairgrounds . If you volunteer, you can spend the rest of your day at the fairgrounds free of charge. Shifts are about 4 hours.
        If I was coming i would do this - looked like loads of fun and work. And behind the tent it the official meet up spot

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina Beadhead View Post
          Sign ups for the volunteer spots at the Diamondcutters' beverage tent will go live at 9pm eastern on Monday, the 27th. This will be our 20th year to help the Diamondcutters with their biggest yearly fundraiser to help fund their community outreach programs.

Fine print:
          You must be 21 to work in the tent.
          Since we open volunteer sign ups before any official vendor information is received for the upcoming Fest, we can not assure you that nothing will change from previous years. If any changes are necessary, we will communicate them as soon as possible. Volunteer spots will be filled on a first come, first serve basis.
          If Eventbrite says tickets unavailable does that mean all the slots are taken? Happy to help out if needed but it not that’s cool as well. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jpstacy2001 View Post

If Eventbrite says tickets unavailable does that mean all the slots are taken? Happy to help out if needed but it not that’s cool as well. Thanks!
            the tickets haven't gone on sale yet- this was Susan just letting everyone know when they can sign up,

Sign ups for the volunteer spots at the Diamondcutters' beverage tent will go live at 9pm eastern on Monday, the 27th.

Thank you very much!

Comment

I think I will try to volunteer. I will admit, I walked past the tent a few times last year and was too nervous to just walk up and introduce myself. Since I go solo, I figure it will be easier to meet people if I'm working with them. Where do you go online to sign up?

Darrell

Comment

Originally posted by TheDudeAbidesinMS View Post
                I think I will try to volunteer. I will admit, I walked past the tent a few times last year and was too nervous to just walk up and introduce myself. Since I go solo, I figure it will be easier to meet people if I'm working with them. Where do you go online to sign up?

Darrell
                Hi Darrell! Volunteering with folks is a great way to meet others. Click the link in the original post after 9 pm Eastern today. Which, I think is about an hour and a half from now, but I always get my time zones mixed up, so double check me on that.

Comment

Yeah, 9 Eastern is 8 New Orleans time. It's live now. I'm all set for both Saturdays, 10:30-2:30 shift.

Comment

Originally posted by festbabe View Post

Hi Darrell! Volunteering with folks is a great way to meet others. Click the link in the original post after 9 pm Eastern today. Which, I think is about an hour and a half from now, but I always get my time zones mixed up, so double check me on that.
                    Thanks-grabbed 2nd Friday late shift spot. I gather this is a charitable cause, but I didn't find anything on threadheads.com. Who does the Zulu Diamondcutters beer tent benefit?

Darrell

Comment

Originally posted by Nancy10016 View Post

the tickets haven't gone on sale yet- this was Susan just letting everyone know when they can sign up,

Sign ups for the volunteer spots at the Diamondcutters' beverage tent will go live at 9pm eastern on Monday, the 27th.

Thank you very much!
                      Thanks I’ve signed up for the 10:30-2:30pm shift for second Saturday and Sunday. Flying solo this year and looking forward to meeting fellow Threadheads.

Comment

Thanks-grabbed 2nd Friday late shift spot. I gather this is a charitable cause, but I didn't find anything on threadheads.com. Who does the Zulu Diamondcutters beer tent benefit?

Darrell
                        It benefits the Zulu Diamondcutters. They do charitable work year round. They are a sub krewe of the Zulu Krewe that has a parade on Mardi Gras day.

Comment

Darrell
                          Here's what Ms Lena posted recently on FB:

Our social work consist of donating/sponsoring thru various churches or organizations that feed and provide clothing to the Homeless, Thanksgivings baskets for Senior Citizens, and Christmas Toys for Tots! We also donate to the Threadhead Cultural Foundation! See yall at the Fest!!!
                          Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X