Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doing the whole enchilada -- daze between recs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post

I live in center city philadelphia where bike thieves will steal literally everything. I'm talking about this lock https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 which is also The Wirecutter's top rated lock (outside of Manhattan) https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-bike-lock/ I lock the cable through my front wheel, frame, to whatever I'm locking to and through my lock.
    That'll work! My mistake was not the lock I used but what I was locking my bike to! I did not think they would dismantle my stairs to get at it. Live and learn!

I'm going back to my plan I had last year which is buying a nice bike and a junky one to use if I plan on leaving it somewhere for a long time. And keeping the nice one in the house when not in use. Those new blue bikes are kinda expensive at .25 a minute. I just saw one outside my house. They look almost the same but you use your phone to unlock. I'll only use one to go somewhere fairly close like downtown.

Comment

Every time I see this thread, I find myself craving Crawfish Enchiladas from Fest.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
        Every time I see this thread, I find myself craving Crawfish Enchiladas from Fest.
        First day of Fest: enter, go get Crawfish Enchilida, beer, and go sit in Economy Hall. Pretty much an annual ritual.

Comment

Originally posted by Meters Fan View Post
          Try Jean Lafitte State park for some real gator action and a break from the urban scene. Also some nice trails north of the lake that will get some fresh air in your lungs.
          Excellent idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Molo View Post

First day of Fest: enter, go get Crawfish Enchilida, beer, and go sit in Economy Hall. Pretty much an annual ritual.
            Good way to get the Fest juices flowing !!

Comment

I'm going to bump this because we have a house for the month and we want to have ideas for how to spend our time apart from French Quarter Fest and JazzFest. We have been kicking this can down the road for two years now and I expect to be able to spend some time in town. What do you say?

Comment

Working...
              X