Bicycle update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

I think it's one of those things that if you ride them you like it and if you don't you don't want to see them in front of your house.
    Ah, the height of irony. We spent decades and decades and millions upon millions of dollars trying to convince people to walk ten feet and throw their trash into a receptacle or not just toss a beer bottle or Big Mac wrappers out of their car window. “Yes” We said, that’s easier and more convenient but someone, not your mother, will have to come and clean up after you and that was small items. Now it’s become acceptable to just abandon an ugly blue bike. Anywhere. Toss it and walk away.
    Man, if ya live long enough you see it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
      Swag, now that you live in NOLA why do you still use the blue bikes? I would think having your own bike would be cheaper and more convenient.
      Speaking for myself, I know that sometimes I want to bike somewhere but do not plan on biking back home (or the opposite) I'll use a blue bike plus when friends are in town they can just jump on one.

Comment

So I just used one of the new bikes to do some shopping. I must say they are much faster than just peddling as you get to where you are going much faster although they may be a bit too fast for The Greenway. The speed does somewhat offset the higher price as you are not on the bike as long. They now take very little effort to ride which may be a good or bad thing depending on weather you are trying to get exersize or just getting from point a to point b.

Comment

Thanks for the review. Having ridden a couple I'll predict an increase in injuries with new riders, but greater demand from people who own e-bikes back home.

Comment

Interesting, when you select a specific bike in the Jump app, it tells you how many miles of range it has left. Good to know!

Comment

Although they are pricey and you want to just get to your destination and get off the thing these new bikes are very useful. I got home from Kanaval at Armstrong Park just now in 11 minutes, something I could never do on a regular/my bike.

Comment

My wife and I rent from Buzz Nola on Magazine every year. Always get good service. Hotels tend to be very accommodating for bike storage. Biking to/from fairgrounds is easy on Esplanade and/or Laffite Greenway. Always an adventure on ride home depending on how long we stay at Liuzzas. love this useful thread...

Comment

Working...
                X