Rolling Stones presale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
    Keith and Ronnie have a chemistry ( Keith calls it "weaving" ) that Keith didn't have with Brian or Mick Taylor.
    He had it with Brian, not on the level he has with Ronnie because Brian started drifting away, but not with Mick T.

Comment

1975 tour may have been The Stones at their sloppiest. IMO Keith and Ronnie did not really mesh until the '78 tour. The show I saw in NJ, Nov '81 may have been the best one that I have seen them play.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
        1975 tour may have been The Stones at their sloppiest. IMO Keith and Ronnie did not really mesh until the '78 tour. The show I saw in NJ, Nov '81 may have been the best one that I have seen them play.
        75 with The Meters opening was a tighter show than the 78 one I saw with Etta opening.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post

75 with The Meters opening was a tighter show than the 78 one I saw with Etta opening.
          I'll take either one! Haha. It must have been cool to see Billy Preston with them. And The Meters and Etta. Gotta give them credit they have always had cool openers.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

I'll take either one! Haha. It must have been cool to see Billy Preston with them. And The Meters and Etta. Gotta give them credit they have always had cool openers.
            That’s always impressed me. They have never been intimidated by talent. I remember one show when the opener was female singer/guitarist from Texas I believe. I should but cannot remember her name. She and her band were really “hot”. I will never forget thinking “uh oh you guys may have made a mistake. How you gonna top that?” You musicians know where I’m coming from. Shit, not even close.
            Don’t ever forget.
            It’s the gosh darned Rolling Stones.
            Very freaking good for a very long time.

sheryl crowe? Spelling? Any how she had a very strong band at that time. I was surprised.
            Last edited by 20/20; 1 day ago. Reason: Memory kicked in

Comment

the gosh darned Rolling Stones.
              Very freaking good for a very long time.

[/QUOTE]

It's been tough watching them all gain weight over the years.

Comment

Working...
              X