Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SXSW cancelled

https://www.sxsw.com/

I think there is enough alcohol in the city to keep us safe from Corona. SXSW=Wussies

Comment

well, damn. Does this mean that David Grissom will be back to his Tuesday Saxon gig?

Comment

I really hope everything calms down and Jazzfest goes on as planned, but this is a real warning shot to anybody who thought Jazzfest being cancelled was a crazy conspiracy theory.

I don't want it to happen, I am praying like crazy for Jazzfest to go on. But for the first time, I am having to seriously consider the prospect of no Jazzfest this year.

Comment

Well, here's the thing for me. Most of my friends and I will soldier on and be in NOLA for those two weeks. Unless things take a serious nose dive. So I'm thinking it will be a wonderful time either way.

Comment

Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post
            Well, here's the thing for me. Most of my friends and I will soldier on and be in NOLA for those two weeks. Unless things take a serious nose dive. So I'm thinking it will be a wonderful time either way.
            Yup. If it does happen, the stages will be wonderfully easy to navigate, even on Saturdays !! If it doesn't, we will make our own Jazz Fest. When the police strike in the 70's cancelled Mardi Gras...….It went on anyway. Just with no big parades and events.

Comment

This is my inclination also. I think FQ Fest may be a belwether for JFs prospects.

Comment

see ya there, i'll be able to sleep in and be well rested for all the night shows!!!

Comment

Amen!

Comment

You know what, you guys are right. Whether the Fest goes on or not, we are coming to New Orleans.

Just made a reservation for Mr. B's on Friday May 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

When the police strike in the 70's cancelled Mardi Gras...….It went on anyway. Just with no big parades and events.
                      that's interesting, never heard about that before.

Comment

Originally posted by McGregor View Post

that's interesting, never heard about that before.
                        https://www.wwltv.com/article/entert...c-66cea2987001

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
                          If it doesn't, we will make our own Jazz Fest.
                          How much will you be selling can of Icehouse for?

Any truth to the rumors that Lizzo will be the opening act for the Black Laurel show in your backyard?
                          Last edited by MormonMatthew; 03-07-2020, 11:28 AM.

Comment

If my primary music events were cancelled in Austin and New Orleans I’d likely still keep some of the travel plans, simply because the weather is nearly perfect during those times in both cities. Would I want, or need, to spend the entire time in the city core like I’d cheerfully do if the music fest were on? Yeah, no. I could still indulge my quest for great BBQ and beer in Austin and surrounds during our scheduled trip, but more than one week in a no-event New Orleans might be pushing it. In that regard, we’re just knowledgeable tourists to both cities.

Comment

Not to spread fear but info, the NBA owners have received a letter telling them to have contingency plans for "audience-less" games.

Comment

Working...
                              X