SXSW cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TornAndFrayed View Post
    Please read these threads that do a wonderful job explaining why evebts like jazzfest need to be canceled.

https://twitter.com/TomBossert/statu...303250947?s=19

https://twitter.com/mlipsitch/status...951305216?s=03
    Fuck off Tuggs! Enough already...

Comment

Many companies are canceling events or banning employee travel because they were counseled to do that for liability reasons, not for safety. No one wants to be sued for sending an employee to an event and they get sick while there.
      Last edited by mitchell101; 03-10-2020, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Tuggs you need this time out for your own good. TAKE IT.

Comment

I think we are all concerned and are taking it very seriously. My livelihood is on the line. My 85 year old Dad is married to a Chinese women. Some of us just chose to take proper precautions and live our lives. What is the point of promoting fear ??

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell101 View Post
            Many companies are canceling events or banning employee travel because they were counseled to do that for liability reasons, not for safety. No one wants to be sued for sending an employee to an event and they get sick while there.
            THIS.

Comment

So Tuggs now has about 3 different log ins with different handles? But they're all in the same writing style? Which is the giveaway, although the last one showed improved typing. To the 3 or 4 faces of Tuggs: That thread was pulled not because people do not take the coronavirus threat seriously (I'm actually in an at-risk group, so stop acting as if you're the only one here who faces potential danger, and I will make my own decision about whether to attend Jazz Fest if it is not canceled), but because this is not the forum for such incessant posting about the threat itself. All of us read and follow the news and are aware. A discussion on whether the fest might be canceled, news from NOLA sources about what they plan to do, are all appropriate here, as I believe Swag pointed out. There are no shortage of news sites, many of them quite good, on the coronavirus (there's a good podcast called Viral, for example), and probably sites for people who want to post about their understandable anxiety about the threat. But this is not the place. I understand that your incessant posting about the threat and the latest stats is your way of coping, and again, there are other places to do that. No one is in denial, except for perhaps the president, but I digress...
              Last edited by Lollygagger; 03-10-2020, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lollygagger View Post
                So Tuggs now has about 3 different log ins with different handles? .
                I think he's up to 8 on PT.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
                  I think we are all concerned and are taking it very seriously. My livelihood is on the line. My 85 year old Dad is married to a Chinese women. Some of us just chose to take proper precautions and live our lives. What is the point of promoting fear ??
                  I'm almost afraid to say it, as I am sure I will get roasted, but I actually agree with Tuggernuts. Anyone who is still planning ro go to ANY concerts before Covid-19 stops spreading is NOT taking it very seriously.

Taking it very seriously would be calling off going to jazzfest or any other concert regardless of official cancelation.

Rant/

Comment

"Anyone who is still planning ro go to ANY concerts before Covid-19 stops spreading is NOT taking it very seriously."

That's really not for you to say, and I resent anyone implying that. Can't believe I'm getting sucked into an argument here, but this is not the place to weigh in on people's decisions. Whether the festival should be canceled--I'm not in a place to say right now. I trust a careful decision will be made. It's still more than a month off. I don't believe the state and city authorities, who will ultimately make the call, will play carelessly with people's lives, despite the economic loss to the city of a cancellation (the long-range consequences of ruthlessly holding the festival would be worse). And now I'm off to the gym, where I inevitably will be confronted with a host of potential bacteria and viruses, maybe from one of the 79 (that was the last number I saw) coronavirus cases in NYC. I will use the wipes and wash my hands. Probably worry a little. But I'm not giving up my weight lifting. It's not as if I don't face a risk in my own city as I go about my daily routine(s).
                    Last edited by Lollygagger; 03-10-2020, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by applebuttertoast View Post

I'm almost afraid to say it, as I am sure I will get roasted, but I actually agree with Tuggernuts. Anyone who is still planning ro go to ANY concerts before Covid-19 stops spreading is NOT taking it very seriously.

Taking it very seriously would be calling off going to jazzfest or any other concert regardless of official cancelation.

Rant/
                      I sure hope you are also giving up driving anywhere because that is probably riskier.

Comment

Originally posted by halley8 View Post

I think he's up to 8 on PT.
                        Who should I look for? I’m a big phan of that forum. Not wook_mark I assume. Oh, almost forgot, give your n*** a tug

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell101 View Post

I sure hope you are also giving up driving anywhere because that is probably riskier.
                          You are definitely misinformed. Standing in large groups of people in dense groups(concerts) spreads contagious viruses faster than almoat anything else.

I know the general consensus here is that it is stupid to cancel concerts, so I apologize if I come off as contentious. I have seen people in this thread say that concerts and festivals are being canceled because of liability issues and not because there is any real risk.

I am curious though, why do you think virtually 100% of experts in epidemiology, virology, infectious diseases,microbiology, public/global health, etc, are doing everything they can to convince people to cancel events and gatherings? Do you think they are just being overly dramatic?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ything/607675/

Comment

Originally posted by applebuttertoast View Post

I'm almost afraid to say it, as I am sure I will get roasted, but I actually agree with Tuggernuts.
                            Gee, this isn't transparent.

How many handles is this guy going to be allowed here?

Comment

Just finished cleaning Airbnb ( guests were from SEATTLE !! ), went to Walmart, Winn Dixie, exercised at Riverfront Park. The day is only half done. If you get Covid19, it will most likely be from our day to day activities, not from going to a music festival.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
                                Just finished cleaning Airbnb ( guests were from SEATTLE !! ), went to Walmart, Winn Dixie, exercised at Riverfront Park. The day is only half done. If you get Covid19, it will most likely be from our day to day activities, not from going to a music festival.
                                What makes you say that? Im genuinely curious?

Comment

Working...
                                X