Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good news/goodwill about Jazz Fest

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Thanks for the memories.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
      And by "folks"....you mean ( mostly ) jjazznj and Tuggernuts ( and his various handles ).
      I can assure you that I am not "frantic" over this or anything else. I'm still living my life but just being more cautious.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

        I can assure you that I am not "frantic" over this or anything else. I'm still living my life but just being more cautious.
        New Orleans service worker one of the infected. Surely you must be scouring the help wanted for a 'safer' job ??

        Comment


        • #34
          At the risk of being reasonable, I'll try to thread my way through the doomsayers and blind optimists, avoiding both extremes. Based on current info, here are three scenarios. I plan to do what the pros (Quint et al) are doing, and wait for more solid info before deciding which is most likely.

          1. Fest goes on and we attend and have a great time, again (been doing so almost every year since 1979).
          2. Fest is canceled, but we fly to our favorite city and enjoy many of the things that we would at Fest: great food and music and company (just not as many of you).
          3. Things are bad enough that clubs and restaurants are affected to the extent that scenario 2 becomes unrealistic, so we stay home.

          I can hope for 1 while acknowledging that 2 or 3 may end up being how it all plays out. Such is life.

          -dan

          Comment


          • #35
            The good thing about Jazzfest is that it's there every year, and even though the artists change (and not even that much), the spirit remains the same. I have only been to Jazzfest once, and since then I plan to return, but every year until now I've found I can't. That's sad, but every year I can think: next year I might make it. And I know for a lot of you it's a yearly thing, and you get to go every year, so it's hard to see that it might not happen. But at least we can be sure there will be another one next year. And maybe I'll be there too.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Festering View Post
              At the risk of being reasonable, I'll try to thread my way through the doomsayers and blind optimists, avoiding both extremes. Based on current info, here are three scenarios. I plan to do what the pros (Quint et al) are doing, and wait for more solid info before deciding which is most likely.

              1. Fest goes on and we attend and have a great time, again (been doing so almost every year since 1979).
              2. Fest is canceled, but we fly to our favorite city and enjoy many of the things that we would at Fest: great food and music and company (just not as many of you).
              3. Things are bad enough that clubs and restaurants are affected to the extent that scenario 2 becomes unrealistic, so we stay home.

              I can hope for 1 while acknowledging that 2 or 3 may end up being how it all plays out. Such is life.

              -dan
              Exactly.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

                New Orleans service worker one of the infected. Surely you must be scouring the help wanted for a 'safer' job ??
                Lame attempt at humor. I am not worried about getting it myself but I am worried about those folks in that uptown retirement home where someone tested positive or our local health facilities getting overwhelmed with cases. The way that many people here live their lives and with the rampant laziness and "whatever" attitudes here I could see this thing spreading rather quickly. I do hope I'm wrong, it subsides with the warmer weather coming and we have FQF, Jazz Fest etc but I do not really see that being the case.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Here is some good news we can all agree with.

                  We Will Get Past The Coronavirus.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Do you think it will be cancelled? I really hope not as it's the only reason i'm flying to NOLA (I'm coming from the UK) So excited to see Stevie! I run a fan page for her on facebook & Instagram if anyone wants to follow (stevienicksnation)

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Good news: musical concerts are happening tonight

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Festering View Post
                        At the risk of being reasonable, I'll try to thread my way through the doomsayers and blind optimists, avoiding both extremes. Based on current info, here are three scenarios. I plan to do what the pros (Quint et al) are doing, and wait for more solid info before deciding which is most likely.

                        1. Fest goes on and we attend and have a great time, again (been doing so almost every year since 1979).
                        2. Fest is canceled, but we fly to our favorite city and enjoy many of the things that we would at Fest: great food and music and company (just not as many of you).
                        3. Things are bad enough that clubs and restaurants are affected to the extent that scenario 2 becomes unrealistic, so we stay home.

                        I can hope for 1 while acknowledging that 2 or 3 may end up being how it all plays out. Such is life.

                        -dan
                        +1

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by stevienicksnation View Post
                          Do you think it will be cancelled? I really hope not as it's the only reason i'm flying to NOLA (I'm coming from the UK) So excited to see Stevie! I run a fan page for her on facebook & Instagram if anyone wants to follow (stevienicksnation)
                          I’ll try to keep it light and bubbly, but Stevie, of all of the Fest headliner acts, has a track record of hyper-reacting to potential health/safety drama surrounding her tour schedule. I was previously optimistic, for your sake, that she’d make a surprise appearance with other Fest artists - in particular, Mike Campbell. Unfortunately, Mike and his band are out. Keep a good thought and watch her site & social media feed(s).

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
                            Here is some good news we can all agree with.

                            We Will Get Past The Coronavirus.
                            No doubt. Most likely after a few rough months all around the world. As I've stated for a while now, I do not see any way that there will be a FQF or Jazz Fest in April/May this year but maybe they can postpone until late Summer or The Fall. I kind of surprised that anyone would even want to go to a crowded festival under these conditions as fun as these fests are.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Sweetwater 420 Fest just announced their daily schedule, so they aren't giving up yet. They are literally the same weekend as first weekend of Jazzfest, so someone thinks it's still possible we could be having large gatherings around that time.

                              It's not much, but that was one bit of good news related to Jazzfest that I can share.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                let's play what's your favorite set at Acura > Gentilly > Fais Do Do?

                                I'll report back with my answers, need to think a bit. What are yours?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X