Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Bourbon St. business is good

https://www.facebook.com/NOLAnews/vi...f_t=live_video

This is what is coming: https://www.facebook.com/trumpetband...4MTUxNjM4MTA0/

Comment

I will never understand the draw of hanging out on Bourbon St. Crappy bars, generic cover bands, stinky streets, pickpockets, shady people....And now a virus which is easy to catch. What are people thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
        I will never understand the draw of hanging out on Bourbon St.
        You're likely not n your mid 20's trying to pick up evening bedmates. I also agree about the (lack of) appeal for Bourbon St. But this is also not my demographic.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by brpfest View Post

You're likely not n your mid 20's trying to pick up evening bedmates. I also agree about the (lack of) appeal for Bourbon St. But this is also not my demographic.

Cheers.
          My first time on Bourbon St was 31 years ago this May and my first thought was there must be more to this city than this! The same type of crowd that walks around Times Square like zombies. Luckily the next night I went to someplace I'd never heard of called Tipitina's to see The Neville Brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

My first time on Bourbon St was 31 years ago this May and my first thought was there must be more to this city than this! The same type of crowd that walks around Times Square like zombies. Luckily the next night I went to someplace I'd never heard of called Tipitina's to see The Neville Brothers.
            My exact story 32 years ago.

Comment

I believe cops shut down Bourbon St. last night. They also had to break up a big St. Patty's Day party at Tracy's on Magazine. Most likely, these events are gonna lead to a curfew and more since people aren't taking the no gatherings advice seriously. Look at Italy and Spain, doing what is asked of them. Here, not so much...

Comment

You guys are spoiled living in New Orleans but there is some pretty amazing music on Bourbon.Kim Carson is playing there now and our own Marc and my favorite local band The DayWalkers

Comment

Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
                  I believe cops shut down Bourbon St. last night. They also had to break up a big St. Patty's Day party at Tracy's on Magazine. Most likely, these events are gonna lead to a curfew and more since people aren't taking the no gatherings advice seriously. Look at Italy and Spain, doing what is asked of them. Here, not so much...
                  I live in italy...trust me we had the SAME situation, its not like we did what was being asked and u don't over there we had to wait days and days and cops had to shut down everything to make some change. now its all closed except for pharmacies and groceries. thats it. I believe for HUMANS in general no matter where in the world, its hard to accept that u cant go out and keep living your life. the moment your freedom is taken away its hard to accept......especially when there's only a few people sick or deaths. once it gets to over 1200 people dead and almost 20k sick like here in just over 20 days....well, it gets real and you DO follow the rules.

sorry for writing too much...my point being is not just people over there ("here, not so much") , its been like that even in italy and span in the beginning.
                  hoping for the best to all the great people in the best city in the world, ciao. <3

Comment

Originally posted by Yougotlucky78 View Post

I live in italy...trust me we had the SAME situation, its not like we did what was being asked and u don't over there we had to wait days and days and cops had to shut down everything to make some change. now its all closed except for pharmacies and groceries. thats it. I believe for HUMANS in general no matter where in the world, its hard to accept that u cant go out and keep living your life. the moment your freedom is taken away its hard to accept......especially when there's only a few people sick or deaths. once it gets to over 1200 people dead and almost 20k sick like here in just over 20 days....well, it gets real and you DO follow the rules.

sorry for writing too much...my point being is not just people over there ("here, not so much") , its been like that even in italy and span in the beginning.
                    hoping for the best to all the great people in the best city in the world, ciao. <3
                    Yougotlucky, thanks for sharing this. This gives us a perspective that isn't clouded by media or our opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Yougotlucky78 View Post

Thanks for this perspective. Stay safe and keep checking in.

Comment

Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
                        There was no shutting down of Bourbon St. The cops made one pass down pushing everyone into the bars like at midnight on Fat Tuesday. Once they left it was business as usual. There are a lot of idiots here not taking this seriously which just push officials into making more drastic measures.

Comment

According to someone on Twitter, New Orleans locking down tomorrow, whatever that means.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell101 View Post
                            According to someone on Twitter, New Orleans locking down tomorrow, whatever that means.
                            Tuggernuts must have been allowed back here to post

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell101 View Post
                              From a slightly more reputable source:

New Orleans officials are considering putting in place additional restrictions in the city in an effort to ramp up the fight against the coronavirus pandemic, according to several government sources.

The talks underway Sunday come a day after New Orleans police broke up large gatherings in the Irish Channel and on Bourbon Street as Cantrell admonished people who weren't heeding calls by officials to practice "social distancing."

The mayor will hold a 3 p.m. news conference at City Hall, although it remains unclear whether she will announce any changes.
                              https://www.nola.com/news/coronaviru...5eb16a7df.html
                              Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X