Jazzfest moved to the fall 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigidjit View Post
    Where people may get burned is on hotels, since some rez are non-refundable. I bit and bought a package this year for various reasons and assume the whole thing comes back or stays in place. More concerned about losing on tix for night shows, but if that’s the worst that happens to me, que sera sera. Gonna let all this simmer for a while, the $ is already spent, focus on other stuff... Stay safe, don’t hoard, remember the golden rule.
    I had a non-refundable deposit of significance for a week at Westin Canal Place. Cancelled and refund credit was no problem.

As for JF ticket refunds, even though I'm a pensioner and save through the year for this trip, I will not ask for a refund even if Fest is eventually cancelled. Such is the joy the Fest has brought me in my 32 previous trips, it is, for me anyway, a small token of appreciation. Though I know for others, it may be a hardship.

Just be well everyone. Strange and perilous times, these. Be gentle and caring to yourself and unto others.

Comment

Originally posted by Gris Gris Man View Post
      The lack of refunds is incentive during this national crisis. Believe it or not there are some people who have to stretch finances to attend. Taking their money and holding it under current circumstances is just unfair and cavalier. People are out of work and things like child care expenses are skyrocketing unexpectedly. This crisis is everyone's problem, Jazzfest included. The Fest will be lucky to come off in the Fall as this is all very likely to still be a huge problem then. At the current time they have no FIRM plans for a reschedule, they have collected huge sums of money in advance, there is a strong possibility that the it will not be possible to have this or any other event in the Fall. And they kept collecting money when they already knew there would be a postponement. Not nice, not the upbeat, positive image that is sold to the public. At the very least a more in depth explanation should have been presented as they've had enough time. I'm not the only person who feels this way. This is not a rainout situation. This is far different and a good test of exactly how much the organization values their fans.
      Thank you sir. The Fest needs to understand that while the current situation is not their fault, it's not ours either. $hit happens. Things change. Everyone around the globe is taking punches of one kind or another. Some of us do need our money back, asap, and hopefully we can try to attend again another year. There is a lot of science coming out right now that suppression measures will need to be in place for at least 5 months ( link below). And to those who slam me for being new to this forum - I've been going to JF regularly since 1995 (my honeymoon in fact, which is why we were doing VIP tix this time - to celebrate 25th anniversary), so I'm not new to JF, only to this online forum. I came here to get info, get a sense of the "mood", and to weigh in on what should happen as it's clear the organizers do read these. Y'all are kinda mean. Even so, be well.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/medicine/sph/ide/gida-fellowships/Imperial-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Festering View Post
        I have sympathy for those who want or need a refund. At the same time, I have to wonder how many people who Shelled (sorry) out for tickets many weeks ago were disrupting their budgets so dramatically that lack of a refund now is threatening their well-being.

Also, as the organizers scramble to make a fall Fest happen, they are surely aware that even that may not happen, at which point I would think and hope that a refund policy would be put in place. As with almost everything virus-related, patience is the best strategy.

-dan
        My husband sells software. When we bought our packages, things were looking up. Now there is little to no biz of any kind happening anywhere, so no commissions probably for the rest of this year. It's his commissions, combined with earned air and hotel points, that lets us travel and do things like go to concerts or fests. He's not losing his job, but he's not traveling and not able to close any deals. His deals typically take 6-12 months to close. So yes, the $4000 we've spent for JF tix we need back because NO ONE could have known that we'd need it. So NOJHF has to do the right thing or they risk losing the goodwill of many of their fans, perhaps permanently.

Comment

I had 7 separate Priceline reservations and was able to cancel all of them on-line with full refunds. So full credit from Delta, and refunds from Crawfish Fest and Priceline. I'm only out the JF tickets so far.

Comment

Hello! There are some things more important this fall than this JazzFest rescheduling. Hasn't anyone noticed that Tom Brady its not returning to the Patriots. Geez, you all.

Comment

I just received this from WWOZ. Refunds are coming from the foundation for those who desire them. Patience, grasshopper!
              As you may have already heard, the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival presented by Shell has been postponed due to COVID-19. However, we are thrilled to share that Jazz Fest is being rescheduled in the Fall and your Brass Passes will be honored at that time.

We will be reaching out to each of you individually via email during the next few weeks once we know more information and outline the options available to you regarding your BrassPass(es). Please understand that due to COVID-19 we are working with a dramatically reduced staff so please be patient with us.

There will be detailed information in that email where you can choose to keep your Brass Pass and join us in the fall (which we hope you will!) or request a refund.

Comment

Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post
                I just received this from WWOZ. Refunds are coming from the foundation for those who desire them. Patience, grasshopper!
                As you may have already heard, the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival presented by Shell has been postponed due to COVID-19. However, we are thrilled to share that Jazz Fest is being rescheduled in the Fall and your Brass Passes will be honored at that time.

We will be reaching out to each of you individually via email during the next few weeks once we know more information and outline the options available to you regarding your BrassPass(es). Please understand that due to COVID-19 we are working with a dramatically reduced staff so please be patient with us.

There will be detailed information in that email where you can choose to keep your Brass Pass and join us in the fall (which we hope you will!) or request a refund.
                That's how it's done. Good job by 'OZ.

Comment

Originally posted by Lit View Post

There's the rub: things are so uncertain--and are going to remain that way for weeks and probably months--ain't nobody getting "everything worked out" for quite a while.

I'm sure you realize the "everything worked out" referred to the refunds, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Staxsun View Post

I'm sure you realize the "everything worked out" referred to the refunds, etc.
                    No, I didn't. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Festering View Post
                      I have sympathy for those who want or need a refund. At the same time, I have to wonder how many people who Shelled (sorry) out for tickets many weeks ago were disrupting their budgets so dramatically that lack of a refund now is threatening their well-being.

Also, as the organizers scramble to make a fall Fest happen, they are surely aware that even that may not happen, at which point I would think and hope that a refund policy would be put in place. As with almost everything virus-related, patience is the best strategy.

-dan
                      And I have to wonder how many people are suddenly in vastly different circumstances with hours cut, no job, etc.

Comment

Anybody have insight for how to move a nonrefundable Travelocity hotel rez?
                        Not me,but a friend . True!

Comment

CircusOfSaints, I hope you stick around. Some of us are a little more Cranky than usual. Some good folks on this here board.

Comment

Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post

Many if not most people have difficult circumstances at the moment and I’m genuinely deeply sorry that you are going through this stress. I’m sorry that we all are. I have a lot of money wrapped up in planned trips that aren’t going to happen but I’m remaining calm and understanding.

Coming here and demanding answers and complaining just isn’t helping. It isn’t getting you answers and it isn’t being helpful.
                            Definition of "Forum" - "a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. " Therefore, it is my understanding that this is where we can also share concerns. No one is bad mouthing the Fest, just some of us have concerns about refunds. Tickets and anything related thereto, such as refunds, should be open for discussion as it is a legitimate concern and this is a forum. When people start jumping on, and JUDGING, others who have concerns, that is what's not helpful. And since the Fest is not offering any info about the status of refunds, this is the only place where we can go to try and find info. Red beans and ricely yours ...

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell101 View Post
                              I had 7 separate Priceline reservations and was able to cancel all of them on-line with full refunds. So full credit from Delta, and refunds from Crawfish Fest and Priceline. I'm only out the JF tickets so far.
                              This is good! May I ask how you (step by step) did that online? I have 4 different hotel reservations with Priceline Express over 10 nights during JazzFest that I can’t figure out how to cancel/refund online. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Lollygagger View Post
                                Swag's is a perfect post. I think refunds will be offered, just because of the way Coachella and the Stones fiasco was handled, and the danger of alienating so many fans who return year after year. I'm not a lawyer, and I'll be the first to say that I'm merely speculating here, but I think they could be legally forced to offer refunds, because with the likely changed lineup, it's a different festival. I will try to attend in October. no matter who's playing, to support the festival and the city if my schedule and finances permit, but I'm not sure they will. That's why I care about a ticket refund, so please don't hector me and others who have similar concerns, or somehow think we're blind to the greater problems of the virus and its global impact. We feel it in our own cities. Mine is on the verge of a total lockdown--the mayor and the governor, who hate each other under the best of circumstances, are having a showdown over this as I type. .So please...stop with the sanctimonious speeches.
                                AMEN TO THAT !

Comment

Working...
                                X