Jazzfest moved to the fall 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barbcoffey View Post

This is good! May I ask how you (step by step) did that online? I have 4 different hotel reservations with Priceline Express over 10 nights during JazzFest that I can’t figure out how to cancel/refund online. Thanks in advance.
    I signed on to Priceline.com using my Priceline Username and Password
    Clicked "My Trips" at the top right
    Clicked "Upcoming"
    Clicked on the Itinerary
    Scrolled to the bottom and there was a red Cancel button
    Clicked it and it showed the refund amount in the right column.
    Did that 6 more times.

A few friends who did not have a Priceline Account (always made reservations as a guest without a username and password) have not been able to cancel online and when either calling or using the chat box are being told to call again within 72 hours of the date of stay.

ETA: All 7 reservations were Priceline Express Deals and "Non-Refundable"

Comment

Originally posted by loco View Post
      Anybody have insight for how to move a nonrefundable Travelocity hotel rez?
      Not me,but a friend . True!
      https://www.travelocity.com/inspire/...o-coronavirus/ :
      • If your hotel or flight is eligible for a refund or free cancellation, fill out an online form. Travelers with tickets on eligible airlines or reservations at eligible hotels can submit online cancellation forms to receive credit for a future flight or a full hotel refund. Check Travelocity’s customer service page for more information. NOTE: If you have already submitted a request, you do not need to call us for a status update.
      • Reminder: Travel cancellation policies are at the discretion of hotels, cruise and airline partners. Travelocity follows the policies of their travel partners, which means any credit, refund or change is at the discretion of the airline, hotel, cruise line or other travel provider. Many airline and hotel partners are offering flexible change policies due to the current situation; however, they do vary from partner to partner.
      So, start by researching from the hotel side. Many of the big chains, including IHG, Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt are waiving fees and allowing refunds for even non-refundable rates, for stays thru April 30. Find details on the chain website. If it's an independent hotel, you may need to call to ask what waivers they may have in place.

If the hotel is offering refunds, then go back to Travelocity and try contacting them thru the website. They're swamped, so don't expect a quick reply. If the hotel isn't yet offering refunds, best bet may be to wait a while. It's a fast changing situation, and there may be new policies in place next week or next month.
      Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Not having any specific knowledge of the contracts entered into by festivals with artists, particularly BNAs, I wonder what those contracts say about cancellations due to a pandemic? Who bears the risk of loss, the artist or the festival? It is entirely possible that BNAs require substantial pre-payments or the escrow of payments, and the festival is only entitled to a performance by the artist on another date, not a return of the cash, unless the artist is the cancelling party. So perhaps the only thing the festival can do is schedule a new date; it may not have control of the cash to give refunds. This is just speculation, but there are undoubtedly complex legal issues arising from cancellation. Unless you know what is really going on behind the scenes, criticism of the festival seems inappropriate at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell101 View Post

I signed on to Priceline.com using my Priceline Username and Password
          Clicked "My Trips" at the top right
          Clicked "Upcoming"
          Clicked on the Itinerary
          Scrolled to the bottom and there was a red Cancel button
          Clicked it and it showed the refund amount in the right column.
          Did that 6 more times.

A few friends who did not have a Priceline Account (always made reservations as a guest without a username and password) have not been able to cancel online and when either calling or using the chat box are being told to call again within 72 hours of the date of stay.

ETA: All 7 reservations were Priceline Express Deals and "Non-Refundable"
          Thank you! I was unable to find a way to cancel on my phone, but I was able to do it for 2 out of my 4 reservations on my computer. The other two said something like “cancellations not available at this time, check back on a later date” at the bottom. But thank you and now I am more hopeful of recouping at least that.

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

Jazzfest has historically NOT offered refunds for rainouts. Their general policy when a Saturday is canceled is to say, just use your any-day-of-the-weekend ticket on Sunday. Of course, many Saturday ticket holders already have had a ticket for Sunday, and I've seen the going resale price outside the gates on Sunday plummet to around $20. The only weather refund I ever recall was from 1st Saturday 2016, when the fest opened but then shut at 4 pm. In that case, it was two weeks later they offered a 50% refund upon request.

The refund decision doesn't matter to me personally. Whenever the fest happens, I'll be going. But I have empathy, and recognize that many others are not in the same situation.

And I'm not sure that complaining here is pointless. We know festydave reads this board sometimes (Hi David!), and others from the production team may also lurk. So this helps them gauge the mood. They should know that failing to offer refunds will upset a significant portion of their clientele, and better to offer them upfront than to announce a no-refund policy and have to cave to pressure later.
            When that Sat 4 years ago was shut down due to rain they did let everyone re-use their ticket the next day. My point is that they tend to do the right thing and I doubt this time it will be any different. It's one thing to reschedule a day later but 5 months? I cannot imagine anyone not offering a full refund for any event.

At my first Jazz Fest back in 1989, the first day that I was going to go (2nd Friday maybe) got cancelled due to heavy thunderstorms overnight. That was I believe the last year that they allowed coolers and tents.

Comment

Festival Ticketing is the company doing the tickets....not Ticketmaster. They're doing Coachella as well. Coachella has announced refunds will be offered, and Jazzfest will too.
              Jazzfest has to decide what it's doing before the refund process can start. Is there 8 days...is there 2 weekends with 3 days....is there only 1 weekend...etc. If there's less than 8 days, even if you're going in October you'll be due a refund. Be patient, if you want a refund, you'll get one. Now go wash your hands.

Comment

Has anyone dealt with American Airlines? It would appear that you can only get a credit for a future flight and that is only good until the end of this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 20/20 View Post
                  Has anyone dealt with American Airlines? It would appear that you can only get a credit for a future flight and that is only good until the end of this year.
                  Many flights have been canceled, and many more will be as they continue to pare down their schedule. If your booked flight gets canceled, then you should be able to get a refund. So maybe waiting is best.

Comment

Many flights have been canceled, and many more will be as they continue to pare down their schedule. If your booked flight gets canceled, then you should be able to get a refund. So maybe waiting is best.
                    Thanks Swag. Our scheduled flight has had a significant drop in the number of seats reserved so a cancellation is certainly not out of the question. And future flights to New Orleans are guaranteed. I just happen to be a big fan of having the $$$ in my wallet not theirs. I sleep better at night if you get my point.
                    Thanks for all your good work here. You’ve been kicking ass.

Comment

I have $800 in American Airlines flights that I'm hoping gets cancelled. Going to wait as long as possible before asking for a credit

Comment

Is this true, even if you have a basic economy flight, which is supposed to be nonrefundable? Asking to help others--I cancelled our flights this morning, so now I have credit. Hope I can use it in the fall. I didn't think about waiting. We've had flights cancelled before (because of weather issues or schedule changes) & never were offered money back.

Comment

Originally posted by The Krewe of Chew View Post

Is this true, even if you have a basic economy flight, which is supposed to be nonrefundable? Asking to help others--I cancelled our flights this morning, so now I have credit. Hope I can use it in the fall. I didn't think about waiting. We've had flights cancelled before (because of weather issues or schedule changes) & never were offered money back.
                          Yes.

Refunds aren't proactively offered, and in fact, in non-virus times, most don't want it. You'd rather they rebook you on the next flight, since you want to get to your destination, and booking anew means typically high last minute prices. But refund should be an option for a flight cancellation or for a significant time change (schedule time, not delay; varies by airline), even on a BE ticket.

Comment

I just had a good experience with Delta, on a restricted ticket, although I had used miles for it--Delta waived the penalty fee, which they all seem to be doing, and gave me the miles back (I don't know if that's normal) with no fee.

Comment

Yes.

Refunds aren't proactively offered, and in fact, in non-virus times, most don't want it. You'd rather they rebook you on the next flight, since you want to get to your destination, and booking anew means typically high last minute prices. But refund should be an option for a flight cancellation or for a significant time change (schedule time, not delay; varies by airline), even on a BE ticket.
                              Now that I have the credit, I have another question for all-knowing Swag: I have a credit for $94 flight, and another for $122 flight. Let's say I find flights for $105 each way. If I book one way using the $122 credit, can I use the credit balance leftover & the $94 credit to pay for the other way? (wish I'd seen this discussion before & just had cash!)

Comment

Originally posted by Lollygagger View Post
                                I just had a good experience with Delta, on a restricted ticket, although I had used miles for it--Delta waived the penalty fee, which they all seem to be doing, and gave me the miles back (I don't know if that's normal) with no fee.
                                Delta is one of the more accommodating airlines- but folks who get a 'voucher' towards future travel- that voucher is usually only valid until the date the ticket was originally purchased, it's not necessarily good past that anniversary of the date purchased.

I'm holding off on asking for a credit in hopes of a refund as we were planning to travel on an odd date- maybe the flight will be cancelled.. fingers crossed!

Comment

Working...
                                X