Anders Osborne Living Room 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by funkkjunkie View Post
    That was so much fun! Front row and everything! Plus he played mine and Lis's requests! I'm Ready and Coming Down,
    YYR!!! Now if he could get one of those harmonica holders we would be golden. Can't wait for the front porch Johnny V jam!!!!

Comment

Yeah that was a blast! For anyone who did not get to see it, you can still watch:

https://www.facebook.com/AndersOsbor...869508120/?t=3

It's about an hour and 45 min. Acoustic and some electric. A must see if you are an Anders fan.

Comment

Yeah ,this was awesome. I got one of the Louisiana Rain requests honored to close on the dobro. Loved the way it felt like we were just hanging out with him.

Comment

Originally posted by proanim8r View Post
          It's a shame you have to have a facebook account to access this.
          Literally, the first time in my life I was disappointed with not having facebook. haha

Comment

Originally posted by McGregor View Post

Literally, the first time in my life I was disappointed with not having facebook. haha
            Seriously. And then I got over being disappointed

Cheers.

Comment

Digital Tip Jar:
              Paypal: paypal.me/AndersOsborne
              Venmo: @Anders-Osborne

I still feel bad about his stolen guitars, in my home county of Marin.

I have not followed the story - they have not reappeared, have they?

Comment

You do not need to be "on" FB to watch, just on his page.

Comment

Yeah, you can watch on the musicians' pages on the FB without an account. I do have an account but last night I saw Anders and then Big Sam checking out the Live situation. Today- Tuba Skinny, Kermit, Ivan Neville, Jackie Greene and West End Blend. All live right into my living room. It was a very good day.

Comment

So good! As was Tuba Skinny, Kermit and Ivan. the sound quality is amazing, connected to speakers. I finally rigged up my laptop to my home theater system and now I've got decent video and great sound. But then I fond myself looking at my phone, too, with no sound, so I could chat with my chatting fuckwit friends and provide some silent feedback, applause, requests, etc to the artists. Gosh I sure hope Ivan feels better soon.

Comment

Anders Osborne Facebook Live "Fans Pick the Album" #LivingRoom2020

Anders is going live on Facebook this Friday April 3rd at 6:30pm CST and YOU get to vote for which album he plays in it's entirety! We'll pick 2 lucky voters that get to pick the 'encore' songs and receive a vinyl copy of Anders' most recent album 'Buddha and the Blues'!

*Voting ends Wed. April 1st at 2pm CST
                      *Both lucky voters will be notified via email

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...nB5Ng/viewform

And if I may lobby, please vote for the album Living Room. Not only is it a great album, but it's apt given the circumstances. I've literally been following him from coast to coast for decades yelling "Coast to Coast Blues" any time he is taking requests. The one time he acknowledged the request he said he didn't have the lyrics with him, so this is my chance to get him to play it. I don't think he's ever played it live for some reason--at least not in decades.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE ON FACEBOOK TO VOTE OR WATCH THE SHOW

Comment

Holy crap. I just checked out Living Room on the allmusic discography for Anders and realized that "Coast to Coast Blues" was written by Gerry Goffin and Barry Goldberg. If I knew that at one time--which I imagine I did because I always scoured liner notes--I surely forgot it since then. I thought for sure it was an original all these years that I've been requesting it. That may explain why he doesn't play it.

Comment

I'm so excited for this. I voted for Peace. But what I'd really like is for him to start with his first or last album and work his way through, giving us one each week.

Comment

I couldn't decide between Living Room and Peace and ended up voting for Peace.

Comment

I love Peace, too. And several others. I would have a hard time picking a "favorite" Anders album.

If I wasn't lobbying to hear him play "Coast to Coast Blues," I think that Coming Down is the album that would sound best with the solo acoustic treatment we are getting here.

Comment

Hmmm. I think I would suggest Coming Down also, for the same acoustic vibe Lit mentions, but I'm getting some warm memories from looking at the track list of Ash Wednesday Blues....

Comment

Working...
                                X