Anders Osborne Living Room 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
    Hmmm. I think I would suggest Coming Down also, for the same acoustic vibe Lit mentions, but I'm getting some warm memories from looking at the track list of Ash Wednesday Blues....
    Yeah, Ash Wednesday Blues is another one I love, especially after hearing him tell the story about how most of the songs were written for an album that James Andrews had asked him to write for him. When Andrews lost his record deal, Anders kept them for himself. I have to figure that "Ho-Di-Ko-Di-Ya-La-Ma-La" was one of the ones he wrote for Andrews, but I always love seeing Anders do that (which I did see him do solo in New Haven once).

Comment

So I put on Ash Wednesday Blues just now while i got some exercise (main benefit of stay home order for me), and while Living Room is the obvious choice based on its title, don't forget that "if you don't love yourself then there's no point in leaving the house...." Soul living, you live and learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Lit View Post
        I love Peace, too. And several others. I would have a hard time picking a "favorite" Anders album.

If I wasn't lobbying to hear him play "Coast to Coast Blues," I think that Coming Down is the album that would sound best with the solo acoustic treatment we are getting here.
        I also considered Coming Down for that very reason.

Comment

I know it will not win but I picked "Break The Chain" which is the first album of his that I started listening to when I moved here back in the 90s and an album that he does not play many songs of of anymore. I wouldn't mind hearing him play sets by decade adding the best songs off of "Which Way to Here" and "Living Room" to the set. I enjoy seeing him with whoever he has in his band but I do miss seeing him with Theresa Andersson and that 90s band.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
            I know it will not win but I picked "Break The Chain" which is the first album of his that I started listening to when I moved here back in the 90s and an album that he does not play many songs of of anymore. I wouldn't mind hearing him play sets by decade adding the best songs off of "Which Way to Here" and "Living Room" to the set. I enjoy seeing him with whoever he has in his band but I do miss seeing him with Theresa Andersson and that 90s band.
            The era with Kirk on sousaphone will always be my favorite Anders era in terms of seeing him live. Anders himself is a much better and more consistent performer since he's been sober, but there was nothing like seeing that band with sousaphone instead of bass.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
              I couldn't decide between Living Room and Peace and ended up voting for Peace.
              I went the other way

Ya Ya Ya Ya, make way..........

Comment

Originally posted by Lit View Post

The era with Kirk on sousaphone will always be my favorite Anders era in terms of seeing him live. Anders himself is a much better and more consistent performer since he's been sober, but there was nothing like seeing that band with sousaphone instead of bass.

Kirk, Tim Green on sax, and anyone from Doug Belote to Eric Boliver on drums. That band smoked. At their hottest they were my favorite.

Comment

Reminder, tonight at 6:30 CT:

https://www.facebook.com/AndersOsbor...257101/?type=3

Really curious to see which album won. Black Eye Galaxy is his best-selling album on iTunes, but strangely the top seven best-selling songs are all from American Patchwork.

I am still rooting for Living Room, but I'm guessing that Coming Down or Peace won.

Comment

Coming down. Had a feeling. Dedicated to Ellis Marsalis.
                    Last edited by jjazznj; 04-03-2020, 07:55 PM.

Comment

That was fun.

Comment

Sooo much fun. The man is so talented. Loved his tribute to Bill Withers. Also love his hippie serape he dyed and painted.

Comment

Great show! So glad he is doing this.

Comment

I really loved him letting his people at home hanging out chat between songs. That was the best part and it looked like they all had a great time.

And calling the key of each song before he played it so folks could play along was pretty cool too.

Get the band back together Mr. Anders.

Comment

Having a glimpse into the musicians' homes and home life is a nice lagniappe. I'm keeping my own personal grids in my notes of my possible shows. And then I'm checking off the ones I actually see. Just like jazzfest. It will be my small documentation of the musical side of the pandemic.

Comment

is this happening again this evening? Not a facebook'er

Comment

Working...
                                X