Refund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refund

We really find it in bad taste that they are not giving people from other countries the choice of a refund or a credit for a future Jazzfest.

My twin and I have been down there 6 times from Toronto Canada for the festival and planned on coming down this year and returning again in 2022. We stay for 12 days each time renting a place to stay, shopping and eating, its not cheap!

People who work don't always have the choice of when they can take there holiday's and with the exchange rate right now going down to 65 cents the purchase of $937.00 american for tickets is a really a big kick in ass for supporters of the festival.

Even credit cards don't have any control of refunds unless the event is cancelled, which it should be at this point.

We are very sad that all the Festivals are in jeopardy and that so many kind people rely on the finances of the festival we hope we can return soon.

Love from Canada

ThetwinsinT.O.

Last edited by ThetwinsinTO; 03-19-2020, 03:55 PM.

Originally posted by ThetwinsinTO View Post
    We really find it in bad taste that they are not giving people from other countries the choice of a refund or a credit for a future Jazzfest.

My twin and I have been down there 6 times from Toronto Canada for the festival and planned on coming down this year and returning again in 2022. We stay for 12 days each time renting a place to stay, shopping and eating, its not cheap!

People who work don't always have the choice of when they can take there holiday's and with the exchange rate right now going down to 65 cents the purchase of $937.00 american for tickets is a really a big kick in ass for supporters of the festival.

Even credit cards don't have any control of refunds unless the event is cancelled, which it should be at this point.

We are very sad that all the Festivals are in jeopardy and that so many kind people rely on the finances of the festival we hope we can return soon.

Love from Canada

ThetwinsinT.O.
    Please stay patient. We are all in the same boat, irrespective of which country you live in. They haven't yet announced any procedure for refunds, or new dates for the fest. It will come soon I am quite certain, but we need to show a little patience.

Comment

Who said that? More info is still to come. Until then, deal with your travel and other expenses that you can address and wait for how tickets will be handled. A little patience goes a long way. My wife is emailing 25,000 runners on a race that was canceled, and happens earlier than Fest, and where full info on refunds is just going out now. It takes time to get all the details in order and communicate effectively. Claiming bad taste when nothing has been finalized is, well, bad taste. And, I mean that respectively and with good humor intent. Stay safe!

Comment

JAZZ FEST 2020 TO BE RESCHEDULED FOR THE FALL
        In response to ongoing COVID-19 health concerns, the 2020 New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival presented by Shell will not occur this April and May, as scheduled. The health and safety of the community, our musicians, Festival fans, participants, sponsors and staff are paramount, and we urge everyone to follow the guidelines and protocols put forth by public health officials.

Jazz Fest 2020 will now take place in the fall. We will announce exact dates and additional details soon. All purchases for the original dates will be honored for the fall dates.

Thank you for your support and patience, and we look forward to seeing everyone this fall.

This is what we got and it says nothing about refunds or credit so please understand the tone of my post until we get something that sounds a little more hopeful.

Comment

Originally posted by ThetwinsinTO View Post

Love from Canada

ThetwinsinT.O.
          bad taste? people from other countries? You are complaining about something that will most likely NOT happen. As if they would have different rules for people from other countries.
          unless the event is cancelled, which it should be at this point? It is most likely going to be in October.
          Relax, I'm sure that you will get a refund soon.

Comment

Yeah, wanting your money back that is being held without explanation of the conditions is really low rent. How dare you expect to get what you paid for! Why true Fest fans will gladly forsake thousands of dollars in expenses. What's the deal, man? Don't you love the Fest?

Comment

wow, people need to relax. I have $900 tied up in tickets too. I'm sure everything will be made right but people need to be patient. i'm sure when all the details are sorted out they will announce everything AT ONCE.

Comment

What these guys don't realize is that when they do get refunded, they'll post the USD back to their credit cards which will then be converted back to CAD at the current worthless rate, giving them a nominal capital gain of 8-10%. Better ask for a T5 from Jazz Fest before you file your taxes, eh?

Comment

I thought I'd missed an announcement when I read this original post. They haven't said anything about refunds yet. Again, given that the same company, or parent company, as Jazz Fest refunded the Coachella tickets, I am sure there will be refunds, regardless of what country you're from. I don't even know what that would have to do with it. The fest also refunded the Stones tickets last year with very little fuss. If you have exclusive info about a refund announcement that we all missed, please share it. I do agree that the fest could have been more forthcoming in its initial very late announcement about the fest being rescheduled. I am certain you will get a refund. In the meantime, proceed with your other cancellations, as we're all doing...Did ticket buyers outside the United States receive emails saying they would not be refunded? Let us know if that happened.
                  Last edited by Lollygagger; 03-19-2020, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Doubtful they would announce refunds prior to announcing a new date. Chill folks.

Comment

Yes, we still don't know, and I still think it's likely refunds will be offered. It would be unconscionable to move the dates by months and not offer refunds.

And communication has been handled poorly. The announcement should have said "refund info will be forthcoming" if they know that's the plan, or simply "we'll have more info regarding existing tickets soon" if they're unsure. Mentioning that "All purchases for the original dates will be honored for the fall dates" without mentioning refunds leads to the sort of frustration that the twins and many others are feeling. Unless they're sure they won't offer refunds, in which case they should have at least said that explicitly. The ambiguity serves no one well.
                      Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post
                        Yes, we still don't know, and I still think it's likely refunds will be offered. It would be unconscionable to move the dates by months and not offer refunds.

And communication has been handled poorly. The announcement should have said "refund info will be forthcoming" if they know that's the plan, or simply "we'll have more info regarding existing tickets soon" if they're unsure. Mentioning that "All purchases for the original dates will be honored for the fall dates" without mentioning refunds leads to the sort of frustration that the twins and many others are feeling. Unless they're sure they won't offer refunds, in which case they should have at least said that explicitly. The ambiguity serves no one well.
                        This^

Comment

To the Twins, we all received that announcement that you posted. I don't see how you're deducing from that that ticket buyers outside the U.S., or anyone else, wouldn't receive refunds. Again, the fest has handled this badly, but there's nothing in that announcement that says no refunds, and certainly nothing that singles out non-U.S. ticket buyers. No refunds would be inconsistent with what they've done in the past. They would lose supporters over it. Ok, they would lose me, and I can't believe I'm alone here. Although true, there has never been a situation like this.
                          Last edited by Lollygagger; 03-19-2020, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post

Swag, you are the voice of reason. Thank you.

Comment

I received notice this morning that "At this time, Festival Ticketing is unable to offer refunds. The event will release more information about how they wish to proceed within the next few days. We ask that you remain patient during this time. "

Hoping that means just what it says "at thist time" I could think of nothing more deplorable than using this as an opportunity to take advantage. My gut tells me that NOJF is better than that.

Comment

Working...
                              X