Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by indytom View Post
    They are smart enough to wait and kill two birds with one stove
    I've always felt a stone was easier and more effective but to each their own weapon.

Comment

It depends on the size of the birds.

Comment

We are now less than 30 days from the original start date of JF. I understand everyone is on lockdown, but even so, modern technology requires merely an email to the ticketing agency outlining the plan for refunds.

And not for nothing, October JF will probably get cancelled anyway. It's unrealistic to think this will all be over by then or that artists won't die of COVID between now and then.

My daughter is being furloughed from her job, my husband is working from home but it's not going well (software sales), so by Fall we may be destitute. I need my money back now, not later.

Comment

Trump says it's all over by next week....

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
            Trump says it's all over by next week....
            Then he should resume his rallies and do lots of handshaking.

Comment

Well, weeks later COVID's new epicenter is NoLa (truly I'm sorry about that), and JF is STILL on radio silence. FFS, they could have an admin send an email to Festival Ticketing that says to refund anyone who requests (that's what FT is telling me in my ongoing email campaign to them to pressure the NOJFHF into action). I have ZERO intention (assuming I survive this, which is probably only 50/50 given my own health issues) of attending ANY festivals until at least 2022. It appears to me that JF caved to the Mayor's demand to shut things down, but in reality they are unable to complete their Plan B (JF in October). At this point, we all need to cut bait and move on. Anything else is unrealistic. I REALLY NEED MY MONEY BACK (~$4000).
              Last edited by CircusOfSaints; 03-27-2020, 05:17 PM.

Comment

So sorry. I'm only out $288, but you're right. They need to issue a statement about refunds. It's time. My feeling is they don't know what they're doing right now, or at least they're giving that impression. I do not believe the festival will be happening this year. That's why this is dragging out. That's just my opinion, and I hope I'm wrong. I'm in a high-risk group, so will likely not attend anyway. I am living in the current epicenter (Nola is catching up, not quite there yet--give it day or two), and have had to dole out a fair amount of money for supplies to feel safe even leaving my house for the most mundane of activities. So I could use the the money for the JF ticket. Many are in that position, and JF organizers should realize that and announce the refund policy. It's time.
                Last edited by Lollygagger; 03-27-2020, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Like others I am troubled by the inability to request a refund OR even a statement that refunds will be made available.
                  IF they want to remain in business they would almost assuredly need to provide refunds but therein lies my concern. Given the number of events that have been canceled it is not out of the question that this promoter could declare bankruptcy, keep the $$$ and open under a new name at some time in the future. I see absolutely no reason they didn't announce that refunds would be made available at the time they decided to reschedule the event.
                  I hope my concerns prove to be baseless.

Comment

Originally posted by Muusicfan View Post
                    Like others I am troubled by the inability to request a refund OR even a statement that refunds will be made available.
                    IF they want to remain in business they would almost assuredly need to provide refunds but therein lies my concern. Given the number of events that have been canceled it is not out of the question that this promoter could declare bankruptcy, keep the $$$ and open under a new name at some time in the future. I see absolutely no reason they didn't announce that refunds would be made available at the time they decided to reschedule the event.
                    I hope my concerns prove to be baseless.
                    While there's no guarantee that refunds will be offered (see the previous discussion), there's zero chance of bankruptcy. At last check, the NO Jazz & Heritage Foundation that owns the fest had about $35 million in the bank. A year of Jazzfest produces that same amount in total revenue. So even if they had a full year of expenses and zero revenue, they wouldn't be in a deep hole. But they won't have a full year of expenses if fest is canceled. Seasonal employees aren't hired or paid, performers may not be paid, security and port-o-let contractors won't be paid...
                    Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

I had tickets to see King Gizzard and the Lizard wizard for 2 nights in May, at red rocks. That was postponed to October and the new dates are weeknights. I do not believe large gatherings will happen by October, but if they do, I know for sure I cannot make the new dates. I spent a lot of time last week, via email and phone, fighting with AXS ticketing for refunds for mine and my friends 6 tickets for those shows. They keep denying me; first they state that rescheduled events cannot be refunded at all, then they say only if the promoter insists on refunds could they do so. Therefore, I asked for the promoters info and they then said I cannot be provided that info due to confidentiality. Therefore, this week I will fight with Red Rocks for a refund and if they say not and cannot direct me to the correct person or promoter, I will send an email to the band and write it off as a loss sadly.

Sadly, this pandemic is going to confirm for us or show us, how greedy and non caring ticketing companies and event planners really are. Even though AEG runs JF, I never considered or thought of them as greedy or as a similar non caring corporation that only cares about their finances and name. Well if JF follows in Ticketmaster and AXS footsteps and denies refunds or makes it very hard, then people and fans will lose some respect for them and it may even cause many returning attendees to boycott or refuse to attend again. Sadly companies like ticketmaster, AEG, JF and other major event corporations are so well off and successful, that even hundreds or thousands of boycotts or lost fans to this crisis, would not hurt these companies enough to change their ways or or suddenly make them compassionate.

Hopefully JF does the right thing here, but the more days go by without them doing the right thing, the more concerned I am that all those on this board that were so sure of refunds and telling everyone complaining to stop or calm down will be wrong and refunds will not happen. Here is to hoping I am wrong and all those others who believe refunds are definite, are right.

Rant over

Comment

Thanks to those, who like me, are growing increasingly suspicious we will ever see or money again. All the JF people have to do is another blast email that says, in effect:
                        "We're currently overwhelmed dealing with the existing pandemic crisis, however rest assured that REFUNDS will be made available to those who want them as soon as possible."
                        The lack of communication is gobsmacking and for every week that goes by with no more news, the less I ever want to attend again. Put it this way - no refund means me and my family will NEVER go back. We won't be able to afford to anyway, but if I get the refund, I might be able to set some aside for future (non-VIP package) tickets.

HEY JAZZ FEST!!! B*tch bettah have my money money money!

Comment

Dear Jazz Fest. If I don't get a refund....I will NEVER attend another day of Fest. Signed...avid Fester since 1992.

Comment

I agree with the writers above. This was to be my first - a bucket list trip - thrown over the top by Dead and Co performing. I'm on fixed income and can little afford to lose the $600 I spent. Been in a loop with ticketing people I cannot recall how I found at gingerbreadshed.zendesk.com. For days telling me announcements would be made soon. Then trying to close my trouble ticket as resolved and I keep it open daily complaining it is NOT resolved until I have a refund! Today they tell me to call Jazzfest directly at :

"
                            Please contact the festival directly at (504)410-4100 and they should be able to assist you further.
                            "I have not done that just yet. Perhaps if enough of us call we can let them know how unhappy we are?

The same with the night shows. Some have said terms show clearly "no refunds". I have always interpreted that as no refund if I cannot attend, etc, but not if a show waS CANCELLED OR POSTPONED TO A TIME i CANNOT ATTEND FROM ACROSS THE COUNTRY. (Oooops. Sorry for the capslock fat fingering.)

Not happy with all of this. And have not yet started to even deal with the airline. Makes me want to never be first to buy tickets again. Wait until just before and if no tickets, not go. This is taking advantage of a poor situation we all are surprised by and not showing the love they should be.

~Bob

Comment

I am willing to give Jazz Fest the benefit of the doubt in the thought they are trying to make the Festival happen in October. More and more, I sense that is going to be impossible given the uncertainty overall. It would be incredibly difficult to rebook the entire event especially when you don't have confirmed dates and basically have a moving target. But cancelling would be the last thing Quint and Co. want to do and I believe they are hanging on until it just becomes impossible.

My hunch is refunds will be forthcoming when they finally announce there will be no Festival. To do otherwise would be unconscionable and would create enormous bad blood and resentment, screwing over those who are Jazz Fest strongest supporters, those that buy tickets early and for many days of it. One would have to assume there is some insurance to cover Jazz Fests' losses. To try to make up what they may have lost otherwise off the backs of their most loyal ticket buyers would be very low and I would think not something the promoters would want to live with.

It does seem time has come to decide one way or another. Many people could clearly use the money they invested back. Many of those people would buy tickets again if it does happen but it would be a good move for the music community to refund the money now and deal with ticket sales down the road if, in fact, it does happen. Not really fair to string patrons along saying they are good for a later date when people may or may not be able to attend.

How are MLB and the other major sports handling this?
                              Last edited by chopitulas; 03-30-2020, 02:41 PM.

Comment

If I get a refund, I might even donate it to the musicians fund that Swag posted about (didn't read the whole announcement). The foundation is asking for donations, and yet it can't release our money so that we could possibly make a donation with all or part of our ticket money if we so choose. I still believe refunds will be issued, but I think they need to make some reassuring announcement. Right now we know nothing. We get it, they're dealing with enormous problems. But why is it so hard to inform its fans that's that the case, and information about refunds will be issued when things are finalized. Several people have offered excellent wording (better than mine) about the form this announcement could take. We've written the announcement for them gratis. Cut and past and put it on the site. Show some respect for your most avid supporters!
                                Last edited by Lollygagger; 03-30-2020, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X