Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mule View Post
    Re: Night show refunds

I'm getting no satisfaction as they are "still discussing rescheduling" most of the gigs I purchased. No matter the rescheduled dates, I won't be able to go. Pretty surprised I can't get refunds.
    Here is the response I received from The Fillmore on the NolaFunk/Live Nation Show on May 1st when I emailed them

"Out of an abundance of caution, our offices will be closed in observance of the Stay at Home Mandate. We will be answering inquiries at our earliest opportunity, we appreciate your understanding during this time of uncertainty. We will respond as quickly and as thoroughly as we can. For status on upcoming events, please check our website fillmorenola.com. Please stay kind and stay healthy. We will be back soon!"

I would expect some kind of response shortly but at this point, they have lost my business if this doesn't get resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule View Post

You think we will? My Daze Between Band ticket at Tips was $50+ with fees. It sold out. Receipt says no refunds. If this show is canceled or rescheduled, which it will be, am I not getting a refund??
      If the show ends up getting cancelled, you will get a refund. If its rescheduled, more than likely no refund. Ticket good for rescheduled date. I have $900 locked up in tix. I'm pretty sure i'll end up eating most of that. If shows are rescheduled, I'd at least like to have the option to get a voucher, to use from that promoter or venue at a later date, but I doubt they offer that

Comment

Originally posted by halley8 View Post

I haven't had any of my night shows offer refunds.
        The Patry was "Postponed until TBD", and offered optional refunds to those with tickets (from the presale).
        Last edited by swag; 04-04-2020, 11:15 AM.
        Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

The night shows aren't going to know if or when to reschedule or refund until Jazz Fest does so. If JF delays their decision until the go/no-go point for the fairgrounds construction, then their decision might not come until sometime in September, assuming an October festival. We have a thousand bucks worth of weekend passes in limbo so we're quite interested in what happens, but that isn't the biggest issue right now. Hang in there and be well.

Comment

Outside Lands in SF has this message on their website, and they haven't canceled or postponed yet: "Refunds are available if Outside Lands is rescheduled or canceled." That's all that Jazz Fest needs to do to solve this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by danlachman View Post
              Outside Lands in SF has this message on their website, and they haven't canceled or postponed yet: "Refunds are available if Outside Lands is rescheduled or canceled." That's all that Jazz Fest needs to do to solve this issue.
              I agree that would be a best case for JF too, but since they have postponed but not yet offered refunds it appears that isn't going to happen, at least until they announce the new dates.

Comment

Originally posted by danlachman View Post
                Agreed! They are making it worse by not saying anything. Shame on JF!

Comment

I think they're waiting to see whether it can be held at all.

Comment

Let’s be real here, get us to Jazzfest 2021!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mangochill View Post
                      Let’s be real here, get us to Jazzfest 2021!!!
                      unfortunately its looking more and more likely

Comment

Let’s be real here, there WILL be a Jazz Fest this Fall. If they did not cancel after Katrina they are not gonna cancel because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
                          Let’s be real here, there WILL be a Jazz Fest this Fall. If they did not cancel after Katrina they are not gonna cancel because of this.
                          Jazz Fest was 8 Months after Katrina. And did you mention these plans to the Virus? The Virus has a timetable all it's own, so better check with it first.

Comment

While I don’t minimize Katrina, as it was obviously devastating to New Orleans; it was an isolated and very acute event. It was finite in time and geographically specific to New Orleans. New Orleans was crippled, but the rest of America and the world carried on unphased. We watched and felt bad, but non New Orleanians day to day lives were unaffected.

Corona is a world wide pandemic. It is ongoing and will continue to be ongoing come October. It spans across the country and the globe. Everyone knows someone who has it. All aspects of life, for every single person that is currently living in the world have been affected or will be affected. The ripple affect is massive and still rippling and expanding. Corona is a generational event that will change the way we operate as a society.

Corona is different, and jazzfest will be affected, until it’s not.
                            Last edited by mangochill; 04-04-2020, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalFestLover View Post

Jazz Fest was 8 Months after Katrina. And did you mention these plans to the Virus? The Virus has a timetable all it's own, so better check with it first.
                              Totally agree with you and Manglchill above. My point is unlike a regular show or small festival, they will do whatever they have to do to not cancel including waiting a while until making that final decision. They could even have it in early November if they had to.

Without starting another COVID-19 debate, I have, like many other here been really reading up and studying this thing for hours on end studying different models and opinions all around the world. TV is not the place to get real facts except statistics and opinions. as each news channel has their own agenda mixed in with the facts.

I was one of the first on here that was sure that Jazz Fest would be at least postponed and disagreed when some on here said that they might still come here anyway even if it was postponed. That being said I really do see them having it in October. I see things having gone somewhat/enough back to normal and believe that we as a country will be much better prepared in case the virus does swing back around with testing, equipment, treatment. Everyone got a very late jump on this thing and we will all know much more about the virus (treatment, exactly how it's spread, why some get sick and some don't) 5-6 months from now and will also have way more equipment to deal with it. I also think that if it were to come back in The Fall it would happen later than the middle of Oct, more like December/January. But really, who knows? No one. I sure hope I'm at least somewhat right. Trump is pushing for stadiums to be back in business in August not that his opinion should matter to anyone, that I am sure of!

Comment

The Foundation’s silence speaks volumes. I’m sure that the time will come and they will offer to let you donate your refunded presale ticket purchase to their local musicians’ fund. I’m starting not to trust them. Many local musicians are starting to gig on social media platforms with payment options to tip. IF, JF ever decides to provide a refund, this is how I’ll elect to donate. To me, the foundation has lost a lot of credibility in my books....just sayin’

Comment

Working...
                                X