Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jazz Fest Rescheduled Dates

Hi all,

I hope you are all keeping well due to the current situation that we are all in.

If you read my other post a few weeks back you'll know that I will be flying from London to attend the Jazz Fest which means I have to pick my tickets up on the day of the festival as they don't ship to the U.K. only the U.S. If Stevie Nicks is not on the rescheduled new dates, I will not be attending this year as Stevie is the only reason that I bought tickets as she isn't touring this year. So if Jazz Fest don't allow refunds how would I be able to sell my ticket? (Grand Marshall Week 2) it cost me 1,100 which is roughly $1,500 and I don't have that just to spend and not yet back. If any of you can advise me on how to sell my ticket if Stevie doesn't end up doing the fest. (I've cancelled my AIR BNB and currently awaiting to hear back from my airline (Lufthansa...)

Originally posted by stevienicksnation View Post
    Hi all,

I hope you are all keeping well due to the current situation that we are all in.

If you read my other post a few weeks back you'll know that I will be flying from London to attend the Jazz Fest which means I have to pick my tickets up on the day of the festival as they don't ship to the U.K. only the U.S. If Stevie Nicks is not on the rescheduled new dates, I will not be attending this year as Stevie is the only reason that I bought tickets as she isn't touring this year. So if Jazz Fest don't allow refunds how would I be able to sell my ticket? (Grand Marshall Week 2) it cost me 1,100 which is roughly $1,500 and I don't have that just to spend and not yet back. If any of you can advise me on how to sell my ticket if Stevie doesn't end up doing the fest. (I've cancelled my AIR BNB and currently awaiting to hear back from my airline (Lufthansa...)
    The expectation is that Jazzfest will allow refunds.

Comment

Originally posted by stevienicksnation View Post
      Hi all,
      If you read my other post a few weeks back you'll know that I will be flying from London to attend the Jazz Fest which means I have to pick my tickets up on the day of the festival as they don't ship to the U.K. only the U.S. If Stevie Nicks is not on the rescheduled new dates, I will not be attending this year as Stevie is the only reason that I bought tickets as she isn't touring this year. (Lufthansa...)
      I think the fact she is not touring this year will work in your favor. That means her schedule is probably open, so it's more likely she could be flexible and able to perform on one of the rescheduled dates.

Aside from that, I'm sure Jazz Fest will offer refunds to those who want them.

Comment

French Quarter Fest starts Thursday October 1. Voodoo Fest is scheduled to begin Friday October 30. To be a regular Fest, that leaves 3 weekends. Either (10/8-10/11) & (10/15-10/18) Or (10/15-10/18) & (10/22-10/25). Coachella has already chosen (10/9-10/11) & (10/16-10/18).

Based on that, 10/15-10/18 seems like a given. I think it's better to have it later in October, as it's much closer to the end of hurricane season, and it also allows an extra week in this uncertain virus situation, since we know it's not going to end anytime soon. But I could also see them being restricted by other factors as to what weekends they most likely have already decided to go with.

Comment

I think this schedule https://boomboomroom.com/ by an organization with some inside info of Jazzfest night show dates from 10/8-10/15 indicates it is 2nd an 3rd weekend. Lots of speculation on the FallFfest thread. We are just awaiting the official announcement. 95% certainty that is the reschedule attempt. As for Stevie....Stop Dragging My Heart Around

Comment

I'm almost positive it will be 2nd and 3rd weekend. That is what they were looking at 2 weeks ago. They would have to move Blues & BBQ to the 4th weekend or maybe in between the two weekends? Who knows? It seems so far away from now.

Comment

Originally posted by larrybalmur View Post
              I think this schedule https://boomboomroom.com/ by an organization with some inside info of Jazzfest night show dates from 10/8-10/15 indicates it is 2nd an 3rd weekend. Lots of speculation on the FallFfest thread. We are just awaiting the official announcement. 95% certainty that is the reschedule attempt. As for Stevie....Stop Dragging My Heart Around
              Haha thank you! It's just as soon as we find out the dates, the better for me! So I can book AIR BNB'S and a new flight

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
                I'm almost positive it will be 2nd and 3rd weekend. That is what they were looking at 2 weeks ago. They would have to move Blues & BBQ to the 4th weekend or maybe in between the two weekends? Who knows? It seems so far away from now.
                Unfortunately (for us) that's been my speculation as well. Inasmuch as we already have things planned for both of those weekends, we'll be SOL. Hoping for 3rd and 4th weekend, but not holding out hope.

cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisjoseph View Post

The expectation is that Jazzfest will allow refunds.
                  Do you happen to know when that will be announced ?

Comment

Originally posted by larrybalmur View Post
                    Charlie Musselwhite basically let the cat out of the bag and had to take down his FB post saying he was playing Oct 10th due to JF being postponed. There was a a link in another thread but likely the link is invalid.

1st weekend will be 8-11 and 2nd weekend will be 15-18. Take it to the BANK (they may not be open though - lobbies are closed in most of Dallas).

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalFestLover View Post
                      French Quarter Fest starts Thursday October 1. Voodoo Fest is scheduled to begin Friday October 30. To be a regular Fest, that leaves 3 weekends. Either (10/8-10/11) & (10/15-10/18) Or (10/15-10/18) & (10/22-10/25). Coachella has already chosen (10/9-10/11) & (10/16-10/18).

Based on that, 10/15-10/18 seems like a given. I think it's better to have it later in October, as it's much closer to the end of hurricane season, and it also allows an extra week in this uncertain virus situation, since we know it's not going to end anytime soon. But I could also see them being restricted by other factors as to what weekends they most likely have already decided to go with.

Was JF confirmed to be in October? I noticed something yesterday. Maybe a coincidence. Marcus King Band updated their late shows in NOLA from POSTPONED to CANCELLED. At the same time they updated and confirmed the new date at Bonnaro. That date is Sept. 24-27. I may look for too many clues, but why officially cancel the late shows if the date didn't interfere with another gig? I realize they have other fall gigs including a rip with Chris Stapleton, but I'm just speculating!

Comment

Originally posted by jabz22 View Post

Was JF confirmed to be in October? I noticed something yesterday. Maybe a coincidence. Marcus King Band updated their late shows in NOLA from POSTPONED to CANCELLED. At the same time they updated and confirmed the new date at Bonnaro. That date is Sept. 24-27. I may look for too many clues, but why officially cancel the late shows if the date didn't interfere with another gig? I realize they have other fall gigs including a rip with Chris Stapleton, but I'm just speculating!
                        Officially, all they've said is "Fall".

Comment

At the rate things are going Fall is unlikely. We're still dealign with a rapidly growing first wave of infections. There will likely be at least a 2nd wave and it could well happen in the Fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Gris Gris Man View Post
                            At the rate things are going Fall is unlikely. We're still dealign with a rapidly growing first wave of infections. There will likely be at least a 2nd wave and it could well happen in the Fall.
                            You may well indeed be right, Tuggernuts old son, but neither you nor anyone else here knows the future or how this incredibly complex, unpredictable and fluid situation will eventually play out, but if there would be even just one Silver Lining about Jazzfest eventually being cancelled, it would have to be that no one here would have to read the dozens of threads you would doubtlessly start begging people to give you free tickets to various shows around town, <redacted by moderator>
                            Last edited by swag; 03-27-2020, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X