Jazz Fest Rescheduled Dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CircusOfSaints View Post

Which is why it's time to cut bait for 2020, cancel outright and re-assess for 2021.
    It is WAY too early to do that. See how quickly things can change?

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

With all of the tourist transmission due to Mardi Gras, there is really no way to know how many cases are related to New Orleans. A friend's daughter was there for her birthday over Mardi Gras and 1 of her friends came down with it this week. Hard to pinpoint it to NO but with over 3500 infected, 11oo in the hospital and 151 dead as of this morning, this is only going to get worse.

While I truly have hope they can pull it off, I am not going to get my hopes up as this is really a bad situation that is affecting our way of life, business, kids schooling etc.

Comment

At this point, its its nothing more than just "penciling it in." Just dont get your hops up too much, i think we are in for a long haul.

Comment

Originally posted by SDubYa View Post

With all of the tourist transmission due to Mardi Gras, there is really no way to know how many cases are related to New Orleans. A friend's daughter was there for her birthday over Mardi Gras and 1 of her friends came down with it this week. Hard to pinpoint it to NO but with over 3500 infected, 11oo in the hospital and 151 dead as of this morning, this is only going to get worse.

While I truly have hope they can pull it off, I am not going to get my hopes up as this is really a bad situation that is affecting our way of life, business, kids schooling etc.
          While I agree that Mardi Gras probably contributed to the spread of the virus in New Orleans...it was almost 5 weeks ago. I would think that your daughter's friend was exposed in the last 2 weeks. That's what's so tough, nobody is really sure when and where the got it. I'm with you...and many others...I truly hope we have Jazzfest in October.

Comment

Once again I live in New Orleans, have been going to Jazz Fest for 30 years and whether they have it or not is the least of my worries and concerns right now. You can find all kinds of different opinions out there as to when things will be back to normal as no one really knows for sure. I see some Spring events being rescheduled for late July now and others seem to be just waiting to see how things are going. My opinion is there will be a FQF and Jazz Fest in Oct plus the Saints playing at the dome but we will just have to wait and see.

Comment

No it's not. This is going to be a long haul. By cancelling and refunding, yes the JF loses those monies, but by the same token they don't have to pay out a lot of money either (construction, talent, travel, vendors, etc.). It's going to require closer to a year of social distancing (whether continuous or on and off) to get this virus under control, and about as long for antibody testing to become readily available (so we can track the herd immunity). This is not going to change quickly - yes things got worse quickly, but they're not going to improve quickly. Without knowing for sure, everyone has to assume that they're either vulnerable to the infection or carrying it:

https://www.vox.com/science-and-heal...distancing-end

Comment

No it's not. This is going to be a long haul. By cancelling and refunding, yes the JF loses those monies, but by the same token they don't have to pay out a lot of money either (construction, talent, travel, vendors, etc.). It's going to require closer to a year of social distancing (whether continuous or on and off) to get this virus under control, and about as long for antibody testing to become readily available (so we can track the herd immunity).
                Thank you Dr. Circus....or whatever you change your name to next. You must live a terribly sad life. Nothing positive ever from you. Look, if someone posts something positive....quit contradicting it. Some of us look at things differently than you do. I honestly think we will have Jazzfest in October. And it's okay for me to think that!

Comment

Originally posted by zzupschuck View Post

Thank you Dr. Circus....or whatever you change your name to next. You must live a terribly sad life. Nothing positive ever from you. Look, if someone posts something positive....quit contradicting it. Some of us look at things differently than you do. I honestly think we will have Jazzfest in October. And it's okay for me to think that!
                  This guy ain't Tuggs, either. He has tickets.

Comment

Tuggs is like the fanatical religious lady from 'The Mist'. He has his followers. The Cult of Tuggs.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
                      Tuggs is like the fanatical religious lady from 'The Mist'. He has his followers. The Cult of Tuggs.
                      If one of them starts making references to The Beatles White Album... I'm outta here.

Comment

No it's not. This is going to be a long haul. By cancelling and refunding, yes the JF loses those monies, but by the same token they don't have to pay out a lot of money either (construction, talent, travel, vendors, etc.). It's going to require closer to a year of social distancing (whether continuous or on and off) to get this virus under control, and about as long for antibody testing to become readily available (so we can track the herd immunity). This is not going to change quickly - yes things got worse quickly, but they're not going to improve quickly. Without knowing for sure, everyone has to assume that they're either vulnerable to the infection or carrying it:

https://www.vox.com/science-and-heal...distancing-end
                        Not sure where you are getting your fact from. NO ONE knows exactly what is going to happen. I'm planning on going to do some fun things this Fall including FQF, B&BBQF JF and seeing some concerts in Austin including The Stones, I guess that you will still be hiding at home trying to come up with new catchy screen names for this site.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

Comment

Some of you STILL think Gris_Gris_Man is Tuggernuts? The man used extrapolate correctly in a sentence, for God's sake.

He may be carrying a similar message, and I can respect if you think it's negative and you don't want to hear it on this Forum. But this is clearly a VERY different person.

Am I Tuggernuts too? Just trying to keep it straight in my head. I don't think I am, but I suppose I could be wrong.

Comment

Je suis Tuggernuts

Comment

My point of view is akin to zzuppschucks- there's no harm in me hoping that I'm at Jazz Fest this October.

I haven't been checking in here as often as I like to- I'm just not in a head space where I'm tolerating people's semi-selfishness all that well even if it is valid (ahem, refunds). Everyone is in a bad spot and I don't see any benefit in keeping score.

We've been ordered to stay home for awhile now - no argument about that. I just don't read the covid news any more- maybe an update here or there. I have family who are required to work (essential employees working in manufacturing) and I lose sleep over that so the news just isn't helping me stay healthy or sane.

What *is* helping me stay healthy and sane- well, staying healthy: eating right, trying to sleep (see: minimal news), exercise, reading light books, cooking heaps of healthy food and thinking about joyful fun things that will happen again. Jazz Fest is in one of the top slots of that list, so I'm hopeful for October.

Comment

My ONLY active username is this one, TornAndFrayed

Comment

Working...
                                X