Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancelling Hotel Booking

Hi Everyone

My husband and I had planned to attend the Jazz Fest this year from Australia. Unfortunately, the COVID 19 outbreak means that this is no longer possible.

We were to stay at the Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Centre. I contacted the hotel to cancel the booking but they advised me that, as I had booked through a third party (nojazzfest.com), I couldn't cancel direct with the hotel and had to contact the third party. Problem is, website now only has a message about the festival being postponed. There is no contact details or advice.

I am hoping someone on here might know who I can contact to get this sorted.

Thanks so much
    Amanda

What third party did you book with? Here's a thread that focuses on Priceline refunds, and it might offer some guidance: https://www.jazzfestforum.com/forum/...celine-express

Comment

Originally posted by Lollygagger View Post
      What third party did you book with? Here's a thread that focuses on Priceline refunds, and it might offer some guidance: https://www.jazzfestforum.com/forum/...celine-express
      The author wrote that they booked through nojazzfest.com and that currently the website has no other info other than the postponement announcement.

Comment

Sorry. I should have read more closely. My mind is on tracking down alcohol (the antiseptic kind--I now live in the epicenter of the pandemic). The OP is in a tough spot, and will probably have to wait. Maybe someone has an email the OP could write to? Ok, here is a way to contact the foundation. Don't know if the OP will get an answer, but it can't hurt to try. I trust someone might have a more direct email. Just trying my best.
        https://www.jazzandheritage.org/contact
        Last edited by Lollygagger; 03-25-2020, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Yeah, the NOJHF has frustratingly lacked detailed communication. My opinion is they are waiting to confirm the new dates in the Fall before releasing anything further. I would check your hotel reservation confirmation email - is there contact info there? I am sure you'll eventually be able to receive a refund, it will just take more time as they sort out the details.

Comment

Sorry. I should have read more closely. My mind is on tracking down alcohol. She's in a tough spot, and will probably have to wait. Maybe someone has an email she could write to? Ok, here is a way to contact the foundation. Don't know if she'll get an answer, but it can't hurt to try. I trust someone might have a more direct email. Just trying my best.
            https://www.jazzandheritage.org/contact
            Liquor stores are considered essential here in Indiana

Comment

I clarified in an edit that I meant the antiseptic kind. There's plenty of liquor available, thank goodness!

Comment

I clarified in an edit that I meant the antiseptic kind. There's plenty of liquor available, thank goodness!
                Ha! I thought you meant the drinking kind, but didn't bat an eye at the idea of that.

Comment

Here's what the hotel booking page looked like as of Feb 16 2020.
                  https://web.archive.org/web/20200216...st.com/hotels/

What confuses me is that for your hotel, the Book Now button pointed to a page on marriott.com.
                  https://www.marriott.com/event-reser...P&app=resvlink

In your confirmation email, what was the email address it was sent from? If it's a Marriott.com domain, I'd continue to pursue thru them. If the hotel couldn't help, thy the main Marriott corp reservations line.
                  Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to respond.
                    I have tried emailing the foundation so will see if I get a response.
                    The confirmation email came from Marriott but they told me I can't cancel through them. So frustrating! I will keep on at them if I get no joy anywhere else. Last resort will be to cancel the credit card so they can't take the money!

Hope you are all keeping safe in these crazy times.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Fan View Post
                      Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to respond.
                      I have tried emailing the foundation so will see if I get a response.
                      The confirmation email came from Marriott but they told me I can't cancel through them. So frustrating! I will keep on at them if I get no joy anywhere else. Last resort will be to cancel the credit card so they can't take the money!

Hope you are all keeping safe in these crazy times.
                      received an email from wyndham resorts yesterday...
                      they canceled reservations that were in place for french quarter fest...
                      appears that the mayor of n.o. has ordered all hotels to shut their doors up to April 18th...

that said,.. it seems near 100% certain that date will be extended out and all hotels will be closed down, forcing them all to refund...

if you continue to have issues, reach out to try and try again at verizon dot net... worked for the marriott corp for years back in the daze... have friends still in who can assist...

best job w/them,.. working as a room service waiter for the marriott resort on kaanapali beach in maui... my goodness, the stories one could tell...
                      was the head banquet bartender for years prior to and manned all basketball hall of fame functions, induction ceremony parties and all... again,.. what stories...

edit... kept the reservations for fqf in place to placate the thought/desire/wish to be in new orleans... allowed a cancel w/ no penalty up to 3 daze prior...
                      Last edited by PaulC; 03-26-2020, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Thank you for that information PaulC, very informative.

Sounds like you've had a blast working for Marriott. Perhaps you should write a book LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Fan View Post
                          Thank you for that information PaulC, very informative.

Sounds like you've had a blast working for Marriott. Perhaps you should write a book LOL
                          As a fellow Aussie

I ask you to please not encourage him to write, as there are many stories to tell.

RE Pauls adventures and misadventures, so to speak.

And there may be a few people who do not need to be reminded.

As for me, all sort of good.

Without any time in a lock up.

But I think I am lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post

As a fellow Aussie

I ask you to please not encourage him to write, as there are many stories to tell.

RE Pauls adventures and misadventures, so to speak.

And there may be a few people who do not need to be reminded.

As for me, all sort of good.

Without any time in a lock up.

But I think I am lucky.

I seem to recall the great hand sanitiser scandal from the 2012 Patry. Spookily prescient.....

Comment

Originally posted by peteup View Post

I seem to recall the great hand sanitiser scandal from the 2012 Patry. Spookily prescient.....
                              Hi Mate

The Peanut man is a different being to most, although I think that those who have been in the presence know that.

The Cabildo affair springs to mind.

There was a rumour that he and Almarco were two peas from the one pod

Did anyone tell you that his parents were nuts?

Sleep is needed for me right now, splendid isolation may not be good for my health.

Comment

Working...
                              X