Did you hear the new Dylan song?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kemp View Post

I never purchased any of the cover albums, but I read recently that doing those albums and studying that kind of music influenced Dylan's phrasing and voice on this new one. That makes sense to me. I do enjoy those cover tunes when I hear them and I'm pleasantly surprised by Dylan's treatment of them.
    Except for the odd covers on Self Portrait, I never was nor have been a fan of his covers...until Christmas in the Heart, which is just so odd and jarring that it has grown on me more and more each Christmas season. But that's a novelty and it only lasts a couple weeks each year. Otherwise I really don't enjoy his cover tunes. But I do agree that trying on those different styles helped him come back stronger with the phrasing and delivery of his own material here.

Here's the one I was focused on above:

Comment

This one has my attention today. Great music! I feel like this is what they’re dancing to in the cover shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Lit View Post
        This one has my attention today. Great music! I feel like this is what they’re dancing to in the cover shot.

Yeah easily my favorite so far.

Comment

Bob Dylan's 39th album Rough And Rowdy Ways makes UK chart history

Comment

Working...
          X