X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope that John is doing OK?

Comment

Originally posted by TornAndFrayed View Post

Is the Ichan School of Medicine at Mount Sinai reliable enough for you?
      its truly amazing how Trump spouting bullshit has turned the effectiveness, or lack thereof, of this malaria drug into a political issue.

He was misleading the public at every turn and downplaying the seriousness of this virus. One of the ways he did this was by telling people thay Hydroxychloroquine was some kind of miracle cure. Now, all of his mouth breathing supporters are pushing the narrative that this drug is a cure, when in actually there isnt a shred of evidence to support that. There are a small amount of anecdotal evidence that is essentially meaningless. I am alway open to changing my opinion, so I would be very interested in reading any direct source you can provide that shows the drugs effectiveness. Id like to see actual peer reviewed academic studies and not some fox news pundits giving their opinions.

https://twitter.com/IcahnMountSinai/...548240390?s=19

Dr. Palese says that while two the drugs (hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine) have been effective treating influenza in a lab setting, the drugs are ineffective on humans fighting the #flu. He believes the same is true with treating #COVID19: https://t.co/NRowcfFQJ9
      FDA Approved it. PERIOD. GAME OVER. Take your politics to Twitter or wherever you wish. I was wishing John Prine well and a speedy recovery. You are a JERK.

Comment

Originally posted by SDubYa View Post

FDA Approved it. PERIOD. GAME OVER. Take your politics to Twitter or wherever you wish. I was wishing John Prine well and a speedy recovery. You are a JERK.
        It's approved to be tested. That does not mean it works. That remains to be seen. I hope to God it does but from all I've read about it I would not be surprised if it does not. Nothing to do with politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post
          Hope that John is doing OK?
          Latest from his wife:

I have recovered from Covid-19. We are humbled by the outpouring of love for me and John and our precious family. He is stabile. Please continue to send your amazing Love and prayers. Sing his songs. Stay home and wash hands. John loves you. I love you
          Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Guitar playing postal workers from Maywood are all awesome

Comment

Good to know John has recovered. Thanks Swag.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

It's approved to be tested. That does not mean it works. That remains to be seen. I hope to God it does but from all I've read about it I would not be surprised if it does not. Nothing to do with politics.
                I'd bet $100 SDubYa us a diehard Trump supporter. They are literally the only people saying this drug is some kind of a miracle. Trump ran his mouth and in an effort to make people thing the virus wasn't a bid deal said "Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, taken together, have a real chance to be one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine. Based on very strong evidence" Now all the mouth breathers are trying to back him up so that he doesn't look like a fool.

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

I'd bet $100 SDubYa us a diehard Trump supporter. They are literally the only retards saying this drug is some kind of a miracle cure. Trump ran his mouth in an effort to make people (and the markets) think the virus wasn't a bid deal and said "Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, taken together, have a real chance to be one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine. Based on very strong evidence" Now all the mouth breathers are trying to back him up so that he doesn't look like a fool. It has been amazing to watch. Fox News is pushing the false this misinformation hard, and for what? All because of Trumps ego. He lied and said we have it as a cure. Just like he lied and said a vaccine is a couple of months away. He was called out on this obvious lie, and doubled down. Now all his cultists have to back up is moronic statements/

He SDub, stop telling people to take certain drugs like you know what the fuck you are talking about, especially ones with very serious side effects and proven toxicity. Also, turn off Fox News every once in a while.

Comment

How about you piss off and show some respect to John Prine

Comment

“I need to clarify what I mean by “John is stable”. That is not the same as improving. There is no cure for Covid-19. He needs our prayers and love - as do the thousands of others who are critically ill. Stay at home. Wash your hands. We love you.”

Comment

How is a non medical expert saying that John Prine needs to "immediatly start taking chloroquine", "showing some respect?"

Comment

Moderator please

Comment

Originally posted by barbcoffey View Post
                            Moderator please
                            Moderators, lol -

The political double-standard regarding censorship on this here NOJ&HF Bored is straight creepy. I once simply wrote “President Trump” and it was deleted by the moderators.

Comment

I'd bet $100 SDubYa us a diehard Trump supporter. They are literally the only retards saying this drug is some kind of a miracle cure. Trump ran his mouth in an effort to make people (and the markets) think the virus wasn't a bid deal and said "Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, taken together, have a real chance to be one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine. Based on very strong evidence" Now all the mouth breathers are trying to back him up so that he doesn't look like a fool. It has been amazing to watch. Fox News is pushing the false this misinformation hard, and for what? All because of Trumps ego. He lied and said we have it as a cure. Just like he lied and said a vaccine is a couple of months away. He was called out on this obvious lie, and doubled down. Now all his cultists have to back up is moronic statements/

He SDub, stop telling people to take certain drugs like you know what the fuck you are talking about, especially ones with very serious side effects and proven toxicity. Also, turn off Fox News every once in a while.
                              The worst part is that after it went around that those drugs could possibly help treat those with COVID-19 people all over the country started buying it up before they even caught the virus which is absurd. I have a friend who takes it for something else and now cannot find it. Just more proof of how greedy and thoughtless some Americans can be. Probably the same people who helped rape the grocery shelves a few weeks back buying up anything that could get their greedy little hands on.

Comment

How is a non medical expert saying that John Prine needs to "immediatly start taking chloroquine", "showing some respect?"
                                It is not, and you continually going on about it is also not.

So please give it a break for a while.

Ill say it again.

I wish John all the best and hope that he is recovering.

No point trying to score political points on a get well Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X