RIP Ellis Marsalis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Ellis Marsalis

A legend. Complications from corona - really sad! Hope we can find a way to celebrate him while social distancing.

Oh, bless him.

Comment

Oh, my

Comment

Heart breaking

Comment

I am so sad over this. It's just beyond anything...so glad I caught him at Snug Harbor last October....he was a bit frail, until he started playing...
          Last edited by Lollygagger; 04-02-2020, 12:13 AM.

Comment

So sad. World turned upside down.

Comment

RIP and Godspeed Ellis!

Comment

Ouch.

Comment

so very, very sad. RIP, kind sir.

Comment

This hurts. His memory will be a blessing to us all.

Comment

Yea Man is that's sad. I met him at NBC and we talked for an hour while the Last Tonight Show with Johnny Carson aired. We talked right outside the studio in a screening room. We talked about music, New Orleans but mostly about his sons. He was there with Branford to give him some support for his first show with Jay Leno The next night. I gave him a tour around the lot too. He was such a nice person Easy to talk to, but mostly he was so proud of his sons.

Comment

RIP, the next few months are going to be rough

Comment

RIP, such a great man. So glad they did the tribute at Fest with his sons last year. Saw all of it. Made me weep. Now the tears are real.

Comment

Originally posted by halley8 View Post
                            RIP, the next few months are going to be rough
                            It's already rough.

Comment

I am sad to hear about his passing, but he lived a rich and full life and left his mark on the world in a big way. I just hope he didn't suffer at the end.

When the daily schedule first came out, I was really amped about the Jazz Tent lineup for 2nd Thursday, and Ellis was one of the people I was really looking forward to hearing. He just exuded class in everything he did. He never played a wrong note. His status as a jazz educator may literally be unrivalled in the world today.

Now the next Jazzfest, and there WILL be one some day, will have to honor Art Neville, Dr. John AND Ellis Marsalis. I want to be in that number.

Comment

Working...
                              X