Live from MarignyGregg's Porch....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live from MarignyGregg's Porch....

This weekend we have a trio of serious players. Mark McGrain on bone, Kevin O'Day on drums and Kirk Joseph on Sousaphone. 7pm start.

Opening set of acoustic Dead at 6pm from 'Grade' ( Gregg and Rade from Black Laurel ). Not sure if this will be streamed.

Locals, feel free to stop by. You know where I live. Bring some chairs, beverage of choice and keep your distance !!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1094475820887028/

Sweet.
    Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
      This weekend we have a trio of serious players. Mark McGrain on bone, Kevin O'Day on drums and Kirk Joseph on Sousaphone. 7pm start.

Opening set of acoustic Dead at 6pm from 'Grade' ( Gregg and Rade from Black Laurel ). Not sure if this will be streamed.

Locals, feel free to stop by. You know where I live. Bring some chairs, beverage of choice and keep your distance !!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1094475820887028/
      How cool! It's great that all of this live music is online but I gotta hear some real live music. I'm longtime fans of all those guys esp Kirk. Gonna try and stop by. I haven't been out at night since 3/13, my b-day except in the back yard.

Comment

Last weekend(?) I lost track of time and missed it. This will be my after-Fest show Saturday (from online).

Comment

last weekend was great. Looking forward to this.

Not sure if this will be streamed.
          nah my friend, let us watch.
          Last edited by McGregor; 04-23-2020, 12:59 PM.

Comment

For those of us who don't know, can you give us a hint?

Comment

Originally posted by Blumie View Post
              For those of us who don't know, can you give us a hint?
              Sure....if Dorothy and Toto left Oz and found themselves at Buffas....where would the likely next stop be and what might they pass along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by McGregor View Post
                last weekend was great. Looking forward to this.

nah my friend, let us watch.
                Thanks, McG. I'm not involved with the filming on this one, but will pass on the suggestion. Either way, Mark, Kevin and Kirk will go live at 7.

BL will be back next weekend. Maybe we will do some acoustic before the electric set.

Comment

Opening set of acoustic Dead at 6pm from 'Grade' ( Gregg and Rade from Black Laurel ).
                  All we need is another 20 more bands playing Dead covers around town and it will be just like the actual Jazzfest...

Comment

Sure....if Dorothy and Toto left Oz and found themselves at Buffas....where would the likely next stop be and what might they pass along the way.
                    I can think of a few stops Dorothy might make along the way -- one in particular at about the half way point -- but I get the idea. I think.

Comment

Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post

All we need is another 20 more bands playing Dead covers around town and it will be just like the actual Jazzfest...
                      Yeah, but how many of those bands have a real Deadhead in the lineup with over a hundred shows to draw from ? I'm guessing.....none.

Comment

Originally posted by Blumie View Post

I can think of a few stops Dorothy might make along the way -- one in particular at about the half way point -- but I get the idea. I think.
                        There's no place like home. If you get confused...listen to the music play !!

Comment

Don't tell me that Dorothy and Toto are your neighbors there on Rampart beneath the I-10 overpass? Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post

I'm always knocking all of the Dead cover bands during Jazz Fest but at this point I'd be happy to hear one!

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
                              X