• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me about Marigny Pranksters?
    Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post
      Tell me about Marigny Pranksters?
      Mostly covers. Not as 'loud' as Black Laurel. Newer band and probably nothing on YouTube yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Bump.

Supposedly 'all' outdoor live music is illegal in New Orleans, according to LaToya. Hopefully they will let us be as we'll be playing on private property.
        I take it you saw this on NOLA.com : First, officials said that live entertainment is banned not only in businesses and "institutions" but in all outdoor spaces. That rule may have been triggered by social media posts showing neighbors putting on impromptu "lawn concerts," where small throngs of people have gathered to hear live music and mingle at a distance.

If I'm out and about I'll try and swing by. May go hit up Rosalita's. Hope it all goes well.
        Last edited by jjazznj; 05-30-2020, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Black Laurel livestream. Saturday ( 6/13 ) at 7pm
          First set acoustic, followed by 2nd set electric.
          It will be the first day of phase 2 in New Orleans, so we will be legal !! Locals, come on by. FINALLY, no rain in the forecast. https://www.facebook.com/events/1587167668108206/

Comment

Bump.

Locals come on out and safely celebrate phase 2 !! Still no rain in forecast !!!

Comment

Black Laurel and 'Friends' Livestream. Saturday ( 6/27 ) 7pm.

Last one for awhile, with the weather getting HOT and things slowly opening back up. Also....neighbors and band members traveling over summer. Our bass player, Rade will be out of town, so we invited some local musicians to fill in, including members of the 'Marigny Pranksters' and will be doing lots of covers and jamming. Thus the 'friends'. We will have our new T-shirts available. They're pretty cool if I say so myself.

Locals....come on by !!

https://www.facebook.com/events/3982163275189326/

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
                Black Laurel and 'Friends' Livestream. Saturday ( 6/27 ) 7pm.

Last one for awhile, with the weather getting HOT and things slowly opening back up. Also....neighbors and band members traveling over summer. Our bass player, Rade will be out of town, so we invited some local musicians to fill in, including members of the 'Marigny Pranksters' and will be doing lots of covers and jamming. Thus the 'friends'. We will have our new T-shirts available. They're pretty cool if I say so myself.

Locals....come on by !!

https://www.facebook.com/events/3982163275189326/
                I was able to catch about half (?) and enjoyed it! I was streaming from my phone, and had to disconnect when a call came through I needed to catch. I just now sent my tip in.

Comment

Originally posted by festbabe View Post

I was able to catch about half (?) and enjoyed it! I was streaming from my phone, and had to disconnect when a call came through I needed to catch. I just now sent my tip in.
                  Thanks, Heather. Rade, our bass player was MIA, but we had John Krupa sitting in on guitar and harmonica. John plays with Sandra Love and the Reason. Good guy. We also had Xandra from the Marigny Pranksters on keys/vocals and banjo.

Last porch show for awhile, but we're working on a July gig at the Art Garage on St. Claude. A big indoor space with lots of room for social distancing.

Comment

Working...
                  X