No announcement yet.

Future of music festivals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck, Bryce. And, yeah, we are definitely lagging behind. Hard to have much optimism when numbers are spiking straight up. When we first were told to Stay At Home in March, you had to figure a couple of months and things would turn around. Here we are going on five months later in worse shape than initially, with a mixed bag of re-openings that were not done according to CDC protocol on how to safely do that and an administration in complete denial, all centered around Trump's utterly self-centered desperation.

Not lookin' good...

Comment

Hang in there, Gards. I feel your pain. We lost 100 % of our Airbnb income and no end in sight, as tourism ( along with large public events ) will be one of the last to come back. The Federal unemployment ends at the end of July, only making a bad situation worse.

Comment

Hang on, Gards. Things will improve. I don't know when, but they will.

Comment

Thanks Guys

I will survive as I am living in the family home and have minimal expenses across the board.
          By more luck than good judgement

It is a different story with lots of the krewe I know that have wives, kids, home loans etc.

We have taken serious measures to try and counteract the virus down here, and metropolitan Melbourne, which is about 5 Million people, has now gone back in to a sort of lockdown.

All pubs which had only a month ago opened for a very small capacity and table service only are now closed again and restaurants are back to take away only, and people have been ordered to work from home if they can. And we have travel restrictions, you technically are only meant to go out for essential shopping and exercise nearby and so on. And nursing and aged care places are in full lockdown.
          This got reintroduced as my home state of Victoria has had about 1,000 new cases in the last week from roughly 6 million people.
          Which is mild compared to elsewhere in the World
          Most people understand the need for these measures and are just getting on with things as best they can.
          Which sadly contrasts greatly with the idiocy that you continue to see in the USA.
          ON a Federal level we have had mainly a united effort from all sides of politics to try and keep the thing at bay and as such we have been largely successful, aided somewhat by our splendid isolation. And I might say that we have not had any fuckwits on the news saying that "being told to wear a mask is an infringement of their civil liberty". What morons.

God knows what I can next get to Nola, to catch up with my other half and that really hurts.

Plus I miss the City and our friends and my pushies need to get out for a ride.

Just got to hope for some major luck on the World health front and of course wish for change in November.

There is also a rumour that 20/20 is going to be running mate for Kanye South By SouthWest, but that is yet to be substantiated.

Comment

Originally posted by Gards View Post
            Thanks Guys

I will survive as I am living in the family home and have minimal expenses across the board.

It is a different story with lots of the krewe I know that have wives, kids, home loans etc.

We have taken serious measures to try and counteract the virus down here, and metropolitan Melbourne, which is about 5 Million people, has now gone back in to a sort of lockdown.

All pubs which had only a month ago opened for a very small capacity and table service only are now closed again and restaurants are back to take away only, and people have been ordered to work from home if they can. And we have travel restrictions, you technically are only meant to go out for essential shopping and exercise nearby and so on. And nursing and aged care places are in full lockdown.
            This got reintroduced as my home state of Victoria has had about 1,000 new cases in the last week from roughly 6 million people.
            Yeah, just shy of 5 million people in Louisiana, and over 11,000 new cases in the last week here.
            Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

29,500 new cases in Texas in the last 72 hours.

Vote 2020

Comment

Thanks Guys

ON a Federal level we have had mainly a united effort from all sides of politics to try and keep the thing at bay and as such we have been largely successful, aided somewhat by our splendid isolation. And I might say that we have not had any fuckwits on the news...

Thanks for reminding of the Zevon song. Perfect for right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awhGI0_o90s

Comment

Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post

Vote 2020
                  Don't waste your time. If nominated I will not run and if elected I will not serve.

Comment

Anyone else see this article in the Huff Post about Lollapalooza, and by extension festivals thru 2022?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/lolla...b6cec246c254ab

When it rains, it pours. I think these concert/festival organizers are Putting a LOT of thinking into when it will both safe and trusted to resume mass gatherings. And when I typically hear the expression “disruptive” about business, it typically means (to my way of thinking) that an established business model is being shaken to its core by shoestring start-ups that cut safety, services, and typically, wages, in order to stick their new-way-of-doing-that-old-thing business ethos into the mainstream. Here it feels more like Pompeii or Krakatoa altering sunlight for a few years and starving off half the populace.

Comment

Thanks Guys

Most people understand the need for these measures and are just getting on with things as best they can.
                      Which sadly contrasts greatly with the idiocy that you continue to see in the USA.
                      ON a Federal level we have had mainly a united effort from all sides of politics to try and keep the thing at bay and as such we have been largely successful, aided somewhat by our splendid isolation. And I might say that we have not had any fuckwits on the news saying that "being told to wear a mask is an infringement of their civil liberty". What morons.

God knows what I can next get to Nola, to catch up with my other half and that really hurts.

Plus I miss the City and our friends and my pushies need to get out for a ride.

Just got to hope for some major luck on the World health front and of course wish for change in November.

There is also a rumour that 20/20 is going to be running mate for Kanye South By SouthWest, but that is yet to be substantiated.

"And I might say that we have not had any fuckwits on the news saying that "being told to wear a mask is an infringement of their civil liberty". What morons."
                      for once we agree...

Comment

Originally posted by duende View Post
                        Anyone else see this article in the Huff Post about Lollapalooza, and by extension festivals thru 2022?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/lolla...b6cec246c254ab

When it rains, it pours. I think these concert/festival organizers are Putting a LOT of thinking into when it will both safe and trusted to resume mass gatherings. And when I typically hear the expression “disruptive” about business, it typically means (to my way of thinking) that an established business model is being shaken to its core by shoestring start-ups that cut safety, services, and typically, wages, in order to stick their new-way-of-doing-that-old-thing business ethos into the mainstream. Here it feels more like Pompeii or Krakatoa altering sunlight for a few years and starving off half the populace.
                        I listened to about half the podcast. He thinks the independents will get wiped out and the big players will gobble everything up after the smoke clears.

I really hope he’s wrong about no shows until 2022. I’ve been hoping for JazzFest 2021 but I’m becoming pessimistic. Oy.

Comment

It's gonna be a LONG drought, everybody. Keep your expectations in check.

Comment

Lockn still hasn't cancelled for this year. Along with masks being required the whole time, they are trying for social distancing on the stages. From their website:

"Our Show Field will be divided into sections, each having a limited capacity that will be filled daily on a first-come, first-served basis. Within each section, designated walkways and marked standing areas will be used to enforce physical distancing between each grouping of fans."

Yeah, that's gonna work.

Comment

Originally posted by BettsSS View Post
                              Lockn still hasn't cancelled for this year. Along with masks being required the whole time, they are trying for social distancing on the stages. From their website:

"Our Show Field will be divided into sections, each having a limited capacity that will be filled daily on a first-come, first-served basis. Within each section, designated walkways and marked standing areas will be used to enforce physical distancing between each grouping of fans."

Yeah, that's gonna work.
                              We go to an outdoor concert series that is doing it this way, and so far it is working fine. However, is is not a major festival. But it is a bunch of music fans who are starved for live music and are behaving themselves because they know that is what they have to do.

Comment

Strange days indeed.

German Scientists to Host 4,000-Person Concert to Examine Coronavirus Spread at Indoor Events

https://jambands.com/news/2020/07/22...eid=e703e56e5d

Comment

Working...
                                X