Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you want to contribute to a book on music and the Civil Rights Movement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you want to contribute to a book on music and the Civil Rights Movement?

Greetings from Detroit! I am a student assistant for historian Dr. Beth Fowler at Wayne State University who is writing a book about music's influence on racial attitudes during the 50s and 60s. We are looking for people who identify as black who may be interested in sharing their experiences with music during the Civil Rights Movement. Interviews will last between 30 minutes and 2 hours depending on how many stories and memories you would like to share.

In order to be eligible, you need to be between 63 and 85 years old and have grown up in the United States.

If you are interested in participating in a Zoom or email interview, please email [email protected] and we will set up an interview time!

Feel free to share this with anyone who may be interested and looking forward to hearing from you!

Bridget

20/20

Comment

Originally posted by Lit View Post
      I thought of that first, promise.

Comment

I thought 20/20 was a white guy? Maybe I've been associating him with the wrong guy for years.... These things happen, I s'pose, when we all have nicknames and only see each other, generally, once a year, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by festbabe View Post
          I thought 20/20 was a white guy? Maybe I've been associating him with the wrong guy for years.... These things happen, I s'pose, when we all have nicknames and only see each other, generally, once a year, LOL.
          They're being funny.

Comment

Originally posted by festbabe View Post
            I thought 20/20 was a white guy?

Originally posted by WayneStateHistory View Post
            people who identify as black

Comment

Oh, um, ok. I must've missed some inside joke or something. I'm backing out of the conversation.

Comment

I would call each and everyone of you a "female dawg" but someone here (named swag) finds that to be an incredibly offensive phrase. I'm already "moderated". You know adult stuff.

Comment

Free 20-20 from this "PC Prison" and let's help this gal out, y'all..........

Comment

Originally posted by twenty-twenty View Post
                    I would call each and everyone of you a "female dawg" but someone here (named swag) finds that to be an incredibly offensive phrase. I'm already "moderated". You know adult stuff.
                    Awww, not again. And it comes as you're getting powerwashed out there too.
                    -Posted from Chicago, land of the basement wading pools

Comment

Originally posted by twenty-twenty View Post
                      A couple of things while you're in the slammer: (1) Say hello to Not The Real Quint for us, and (2) Remember, if you need a lawyer, "Better Get Lit"!

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post
                        Remember, if you need a lawyer, "Better Get Lit"!
                        Tremendous.

Comment

I'm sure this poster is thrilled by your responses.

Comment

Originally posted by Staxsun View Post
                            I'm sure this poster is thrilled by your responses.
                            I'm not aware of anyone who posts here who would fit her qualifications, are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Lit View Post

I'm not aware of anyone who posts here who would fit her qualifications, are you?

I can think of two.....20-20 and 20/20

Comment

Working...
                              X