Now Open.....:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now Open.....:)

I mentioned in the LMF Thread that some non club businesses are starting to open on Frenchmen Street ( Michael's, Dat Dog, bookstore, Frenchmen Deli, Mona's ). I noticed on my walk last night that you can now include Aldofo's and 30/90 in that number. 30/90 just for food.

Monday I counted about 10 businesses on Bourbon Street open. By last night that number had doubled. Mostly restaurants, restaurants that have bars, t-shirt/souvenir shops and daiquiri shops. Oh...and the Hustler shop in the first block. There is dj music pumping out on the street and one guy playing guitar on the second floor balcony of a restaurant/bar. There was definitely a 'buzz' on the strip with a few people walking the street. I also saw the first 'tourists' I've seen in months.

Decatur Street is also slowly coming back.

Most were being responsible and safe. A few were not. My hope is that we survive this soft reopening without a spike in Covid cases so we can move on to phase 2 and eventually get a few clubs open. It really is up to us not to be stupid.....or it's back to the tv and livestreams.

I walked from one end of Bourbon to the other following one of your porch concerts a few weeks ago (I think; who can keep track of time?) and was shocked to see not a single business open. Not one. (Best time I’ve had on Bourbon in a long time.) Yet when I drove down Decatur following last week’s, I saw lots of activity (including a cop yelling through the loudspeaker in his car at kids sitting on the sidewalk). It’s exciting to see things start to come back. And scary.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
      It really is up to us not to be stupid.....or it's back to the tv and livestreams.
      You mean all I've got to do is rely upon my fellow Americans to not to anything stupid? How could this possibly go wrong?

Comment

In todays Times-Picayune a photo spread of the reopening of one of my personal favorites Galatoire's. A place that I and my wife personally miss just about the most. We've other favorites and certainly other restaurants where the food might be considered more sophisticated or perhaps nuanced but we just love the gang and the camaraderie. They know you and remember you and just have a skill. A restaurant that behaves like a saloon. Cannot wait to get back.

Comment

Monday I counted about 10 businesses on Bourbon Street open. By last night that number had doubled. Mostly restaurants, restaurants that have bars...
          Huzzah!!!

Let the Class Division and Exclusion commence...

Comment

Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post

Huzzah!!!

Let the Class Division and Exclusion commence...
            I don't have any class and I was always bad at division.

Comment

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post

You mean all I've got to do is rely upon my fellow Americans to not to anything stupid? How could this possibly go wrong?
              Well....was mostly referring to us in the 504, but I get your point.

Comment

Just in time for the heat and humidity which has been a bit late in arriving this year. It's gonna be a very long Summer here.

Comment

Café Du Monde opened back up today.

Comment

I'm glad to see things opening, and also worried about them doing so. Proceed with caution.

Comment

Bourbon Street liveliest I've seen since the shutdown. Acme and Felix's open for ersters. Lucky Dog cart on Bourbon and Bienville. The hustlers are back as well. Two guys tried to sell me fake drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemp View Post
                        I'm glad to see things opening, and also worried about them doing so. Proceed with caution.
                        Proceeding with caution seems to be a major problem.

The stories that I am getting told about ignorant self entitled fools. who will not even wear a mask when they are close proximity to others they do not know, are both astounding and very sad. And the actions of some store owners and managers are equally hard to understand. There are many bad stories I have been told, and here is one.

Yesterday my other half had to go shopping for some w#rk related items so she headed off to Lowes Hardware, she gets there and no one is out at the front door advising what the procedures will be that they need to follow and many customers are not wearing masks and were not told to do so. Inside many staff had their masks around their necks and people were allowed to be in close proximity to each other at the checkouts, when she went to get some keys cut the dipstick behind the counter had his mask around his neck and was rubbing his face with his hand and then put that hand out to take the keys. So she said bugger this and got out of there as quick as she could, and said that it was like the people there were taking their inspiration from the corpulent cretin in Washington.

She then ventured over to Home Depot and thankfully it was like a bastion of common sense, and not full of Trumpsters, they had signs out front advising they you would not be getting in without a mask and were handing out masks for people to wear and had sanitiser stations at entry and other places, plus staff around to make sure that people were adhering to the common sense rules and were keeping a distance at checkout etc and all staff were wearing masks. So she felt much safer there and will return if required.

She rang Lowes when she got home to query their lamentable lack of effort, and was told that they were doing their best. I would hate to see what their worst is.

With infections still happening every day in New Orleans and numerous examples of what has happened in other places around the world, if you don't do the right thing, at the slow road back stage
                        Why do people think that they should not have to show respect to others by following rules designed to protect everyone in dangerous times like these?

Proceed with caution indeed.

Comment

I’ve heard that rumors of a big 4th of July rave in NOLA are circulating. Has anyone else heard this? If true, it sounds like another opportunity to prove Darwin true.

Comment

Bourbon Street liveliest I've seen since the shutdown. Acme and Felix's open for ersters. Lucky Dog cart on Bourbon and Bienville. The hustlers are back as well. Two guys tried to sell me fake drugs.
                            fake drugs? Things really are getting back to normal. It still must seem strange with no live music and no regular bars open. Weather wise it is finally starting to feel like New Orleans again. I'm dying to hit a pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Blumie View Post
                              I’ve heard that rumors of a big 4th of July rave in NOLA are circulating. Has anyone else heard this? If true, it sounds like another opportunity to prove Darwin true.
                              I've seen the FB event listing. I won't post it here, don't want to give them the publicity.

It is an outdoor event. The number of people who have clicked yes/interested suggests it won't be huge, not more than 100-200 - which is still too big by today's standards. But maybe the rave crowd uses Instagram and leave FB for their grandparents?

They claim it's permitted, which in New Orleans (even in normal times) would mean they've applied for the permit and hope it'll be issued in the days before the event. I know the city isn't issuing permits now. They may be by July, and hopefully if they aren't, the event will be canceled.
                              Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X