No announcement yet.

Now Open.....:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gards. Went to Lowes on Elysian Fields two days ago. Everybody wearing masks and someone handing them out at entrance to those without.

jjazznj, it did appear that some bars were open. Not sure how they got around it. I assume they carry a restaurant permit, but the bar seemed to be the main attraction. That and the daiquiri carry out places are mostly open.

Comment

Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
      Gards. Went to Lowes on Elysian Fields two days ago. Everybody wearing masks and someone handing them out at entrance to those without.

jjazznj, it did appear that some bars were open. Not sure how they got around it. I assume they carry a restaurant permit, but the bar seemed to be the main attraction. That and the daiquiri carry out places are mostly open.
      I'm heading over to The Bywater tonight. Gonna cruise through The Quarter to check things out. Mixed feelings about things opening back up. Glad where I work is waiting a while. From some of the stories I've heard I hope it's a very long while.

Comment

I figured the stellar weather and limited reopening out this way would create a chaotically euphoric too-soon rush, but I’m only hearing about it anecdotally. I’m staying put, and I have gigs in June-July that I’m still ambivalent about. A FB friend posted the Atlantic’s story on the nation’s patchwork pandemic response quilt, with the usual doom’n’gloom consequences, but what really stuck with me is the line You only get to say “Go out, trust me” once, they won’t believe you the second time. This ain’t hay - if there’s a lockdown on dining/shopping/clubbing in Aug/Sep after a binge of last-night-of-Pompeii-partying this Jun-Jul, how the EFF are you going to convince the olds to venture out again without a vaccine? C’mon bio-chemists!

Comment

Go bio chemists is right. I’m not sure how this improves absent a vaccine. But since we’re talking “now open” I dropped about 150 bucks down at LMF yesterday. Write Bros and McMurray to gift to family, along with Aurora Nealand/Tom McDermott, a new Henry Butler compilation and a few others. Nice just being in there, wish I could’ve browsed all day instead of making a list from the website and running in and out but take what you can get I suppose....

Comment

Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
            Go bio chemists is right. I’m not sure how this improves absent a vaccine. But since we’re talking “now open” I dropped about 150 bucks down at LMF yesterday. Write Bros and McMurray to gift to family, along with Aurora Nealand/Tom McDermott, a new Henry Butler compilation and a few others. Nice just being in there, wish I could’ve browsed all day instead of making a list from the website and running in and out but take what you can get I suppose....
            That new Aurora Nealand/Tom McDermott CD is excellent.

Comment

Just in time for Memorial Day. WW 2 Museum.....now open.

Comment

Stay safe all..it ain't over yet

Comment

Originally posted by kh1958 View Post

That new Aurora Nealand/Tom McDermott CD is excellent.
                  Loved it. I am embarrassed to say i know aurora as rory danger and as an avant-jazz instrumentalist, not really as a jazz vocalist. Really good stuff and i love both their playing.

Comment

Anyplace I can order it other than Amazon? I try to buy directly from the artists but it's not always possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesthinker 72 View Post
                      Stay safe all..it ain't over yet
                      Indeed, but unless you plan on living the next two years like you have the last two months, you need to mask up, keep your distance and get out in the world. Some think "if we just keep it up a little longer....we can get back to normal'. Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonDavid View Post

Anyplace I can order it other than Amazon? I try to buy directly from the artists but it's not always possible.
                        Why not order it from The Louisiana Music Factory?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonDavid View Post

The link below is to the La. music factory listing for it, which is where i bought it. I didn't see anything on the various parties' websites/facebooks on how to purchase this, so LMF may be your best bet.

https://www.louisianamusicfactory.co...e-at-luthjens/

Comment

The link below is to the La. music factory listing for it, which is where i bought it. I didn't see anything on the various parties' websites/facebooks on how to purchase this, so LMF may be your best bet.

https://www.louisianamusicfactory.co...e-at-luthjens/
                            Thanks. Just ordered from from LMF.

Comment

Will be ordering from them soon, as someone has a birthday coming up.

I have been trying to do a small bit for Nola businesses with spending when I can and donating to the likes of Offbeat etc

Comment

Now open....Rosetree Glass. Algiers Point.

Comment

Working...
                                X