Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

French Quarter as pedestrian-only zone?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I can’t tell from the TP article whether this is supposed to be temporary or permanent. Here in Massachusetts there are a lot of proposals to let restaurants take additional outdoor space for the summer due to the occupancy restrictions on inside dining. I saw that Mayor Cantrell mentioned that issue it still wasn’t clear whether the Quarter proposal would be temporary or not. Here in Mass these changes are intended to be temporary measures to help the restaurants get through the pandemic.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by BostonDavid View Post
      I can’t tell from the TP article whether this is supposed to be temporary or permanent. Here in Massachusetts there are a lot of proposals to let restaurants take additional outdoor space for the summer due to the occupancy restrictions on inside dining. I saw that Mayor Cantrell mentioned that issue it still wasn’t clear whether the Quarter proposal would be temporary or not. Here in Mass these changes are intended to be temporary measures to help the restaurants get through the pandemic.
      Permanent. I don't see it ever actually happening unless it's just certain parts of The Quarter. It's only being discussed. Lots of hearings and studies would need to be done first.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

        Permanent. I don't see it ever actually happening unless it's just certain parts of The Quarter. It's only being discussed. Lots of hearings and studies would need to be done first.
        Yeah, not gonna happen. I'd be happy just to get Royal Street closed for those 4 blocks (Hotel Monteleone to Rouses ) during the day again.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

          Permanent. I don't see it ever actually happening unless it's just certain parts of The Quarter. It's only being discussed. Lots of hearings and studies would need to be done first.
          Ah-h-h, ever so good. Lawyers and government do-nothing bureaucrats engaged in what I would refer to as "mutual-masturbati*n" deciding that more studies are needed. Oh yeah.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

            Yeah, not gonna happen. I'd be happy just to get Royal Street closed for those 4 blocks (Hotel Monteleone to Rouses ) during the day again.
            I could even see Iberville, Bienville and St Louis maybe, at least when it's busy. Royal should definitely be closed during the day. I did not even know that it wasn't anymore. It's funny I live 10 min away in Mid City but don't get to the quarter very often unless there is some music happening. I worked there for years. After that you tend to stay away. I have biked through there a few times lately. Not that I don't want things to go back to normal but I do like the quarter when it's dead and there are more locals around.

            Comment

            Working...
            X