Other Festivals, 2021!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Festivals, 2021!

While Outside Lands won’t be held in 2020, organizers confirmed the lineup for the 2021 festival. Tame Impala, The Strokes, Lizzo and Vampire Weekend are among headliners for Outside Lands 2021, which will be held at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco August 6 – 8, 2021.

Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

I just commented on the Threadhead FB group re: a 2021 Jazzfest that this is a model Festival Productions really should be looking at. You have a tenured payrolled promotions/booking staff, act like it and spend the downtime nailing-down the headliners and 2nd-tier acts now - announce the lineup early and spend the fall/winter promoting Fest by putting ads in Relix, sponsoring local act stages at other New Orleans events (sports, Mardi Gras, etc) and, as Wendell Pierce says repeatedly in Treme, “play for that money”. The typical January/February lineup announcement says hi-we-have-a-fest-come-if-you-want to me - Jazzfest is going to have to do better if they want to emerge from this intact.

Comment

Canceled for 2020 today, tickets for 2021 on sale tomorrow.

Actually they usually start selling tickets (which they did) before they announce the lineup (which they didn't).
      Last edited by Beezle Bob; 06-24-2020, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by duende View Post
        I just commented on the Threadhead FB group re: a 2021 Jazzfest that this is a model Festival Productions really should be looking at. You have a tenured payrolled promotions/booking staff, act like it and spend the downtime nailing-down the headliners and 2nd-tier acts now - announce the lineup early and spend the fall/winter promoting Fest by putting ads in Relix, sponsoring local act stages at other New Orleans events (sports, Mardi Gras, etc) and, as Wendell Pierce says repeatedly in Treme, “play for that money”. The typical January/February lineup announcement says hi-we-have-a-fest-come-if-you-want to me - Jazzfest is going to have to do better if they want to emerge from this intact.
        I hope they take a step back and have less BNAs and more 2nd tier acts. Enough of these pop acts. Bring the crowds by lowering the prices.

Comment

Michael Arnone's Crawfish Fest postponed until May 21-23, 2021

Comment

What are your thoughts about JF 2021? I think we will see JF scheduled for October.

The Old Settlers Festival is normally the weekend in April before JF. They are now looking to schedule
            their fest Oct. 21-24. Quote from the OSMF board "the board has concluded that an April festival is not likely".

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

I hope they take a step back and have less BNAs and more 2nd tier acts. Enough of these pop acts. Bring the crowds by lowering the prices.
              Me too!

Comment

Moderator note:
                Posts regarding Gards' exciting news have been moved to their own thread, at his request:
                https://www.jazzfestforum.com/forum/...954-gards-lisa

Comment

IBC in Memphis for January has been cancel until 2022.
                  Old Settlers Music Festival has officially been rescheduled
                  from April to October.

Not looking good for the first half of 2021.
                  JF April/May ????
                  Mardi Gras ????
                  SXSW ????

Comment

Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
                    IBC in Memphis for January has been cancel until 2022.
                    Old Settlers Music Festival has officially been rescheduled
                    from April to October.

Not looking good for the first half of 2021.
                    JF April/May ????
                    Mardi Gras ????
                    SXSW ????
                    I wouldn't be counting on any of the regular live music festivals like that returning until next summer at the earliest, unfortunately.

Comment

Lock’n 2020 now officially postponed until October 2021. Ticket refunds or rollovers as option

Comment

Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

We've agreed on that for a LONG time...

Comment

I noticed that the XPN festival that usually takes place in July has been scheduled for September 2021.

Comment

Hogs is still planning for 2021.
                            First things first: The festival.

We are still currently planning for Hogs For The Cause to return in the first half of 2021. However, times being what they are, we will only do so once we are confident we can provide a safe experience for everyone. We ask a little patience while we figure things out and we'll let you know as soon as we can.
                            Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swag View Post
                              Hogs is still planning for 2021.
                              First things first: The festival.

We are still currently planning for Hogs For The Cause to return in the first half of 2021. However, times being what they are, we will only do so once we are confident we can provide a safe experience for everyone. We ask a little patience while we figure things out and we'll let you know as soon as we can.
                              I think by the end of the year a lot of fests will wind up postponing until The Fall like what happened earlier this year. And I really doubt there will be a Mardi Gras. The COVID forecast not looking good for this Winter.

Comment

Working...
                              X