Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other Festivals, 2021!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Haha, thanks. That seriously popped up on my YouTube recommends today. I always read and had wanted to join, and that’s what came to mind. I tried to put the avatar of the guard trying to hold it back or face torturing but it didn’t work. I’ll change it to something less offensive at some point. That scene always brings me to tears

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Biggus Dickus View Post
      Haha, thanks. That seriously popped up on my YouTube recommends today. I always read and had wanted to join, and that’s what came to mind. I tried to put the avatar of the guard trying to hold it back or face torturing but it didn’t work. I’ll change it to something less offensive at some point. That scene always brings me to tears
      I say keep it. Offensive can sometimes be good on this site. Sends the thin skinned off to the gated community of Facebook.

      Comment


      • The lines are getting blurry when your first impression is that this country fest will probably rock harder than most rock fest’s you’ve seen listed this year.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by duende View Post
          The lines are getting blurry when your first impression is that this country fest will probably rock harder than most rock fest’s you’ve seen listed this year.

          What if your first impression is "Where the fuck is Pryor, OK?"

          Comment


          • Really like that line-up for the "Born and Raised Festival" duende. Great variety and especially a number of Texas musicians that I miss dearly. I have never understood why Texans have been so under-represented at Jazzfest. Yes there have been some but the the absence of some of that "Lone Star" talent has been egregious to me.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Lit View Post

              What if your first impression is "Where the fuck is Pryor, OK?"
              Probably aphorism, but I always assume that festivals in a certain “belt” would have to be in BFE if they’re gonna be any fun

              Comment


              • Here's an update from The What Podcast. They say Voodoo is leaning "not happening" due to a dispute between C3/Live Nation and the City/Mayor's office. That would suck *** if true.

                The tweet says that the city asked JF to cut down to one weekend, and they said no. The city is also the primary reason Voodoo is lean "not happening" as of right now.

                Hopefully they can get their **** together at the city and work things out. Voodoo has been announcing first week of June, which ends tomorrow. But they don't announce on Saturdays. Link to tweet

                https://twitter.com/thewhat_podcast/...04930587693061


                Here's the Cloud Nothings poster with the announcement with October 30th whited out. Not sure if it's just a random placeholder bar, but New Orleans, LA would be about the same width as Washington, D.C. And the bar isn't that big. With Miami > blank > Dallas, that could be Austin or Houston. Again, Levitation is that weekend, and they'd be a decent fit for either Voodoo or Levitation.

                Last edited by Biggus Dickus; 1 week ago.

                Comment


                • Blind Willie McTell Fest Thompson GA Sept.. 25th 2021

                  Announcing the 2021 BWM Music Fest lineup:

                  North Mississippi Allstars
                  Son Volt
                  Joachim Cooder
                  Blair Crimmins and the Hookers
                  Todd Albright

                  Tickets go on sale July 1st! Can't wait to see you in September!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Biggus Dickus View Post
                    Here's an update from The What Podcast. They say Voodoo is leaning "not happening" due to a dispute between C3/Live Nation and the City/Mayor's office. That would suck *** if true.

                    The tweet says that the city asked JF to cut down to one weekend, and they said no. The city is also the primary reason Voodoo is lean "not happening" as of right now.

                    Hopefully they can get their **** together at the city and work things out. Voodoo has been announcing first week of June, which ends tomorrow. But they don't announce on Saturdays. Link to tweet

                    https://twitter.com/thewhat_podcast/...04930587693061

                    In her press conference a few weeks ago, the Mayor had indicated that she didn't want to do "one off" festival permits, that once the city started to allow large fests again, it would apply to all. But she also mentioned that besides virus safety, that NOPD and other first responder and health care groups were stretched thin due to the pandemic, and that could be a factor in deciding (especially with hurricane season looming in the fall).

                    That said, it's hard to see her saying that the virus risk is low but we're still not allowing some of the cities biggest tourism events - especially with the Mayoral election just weeks later.
                    Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by 20/20 View Post
                      Really like that line-up for the "Born and Raised Festival" duende. Great variety and especially a number of Texas musicians that I miss dearly. I have never understood why Texans have been so under-represented at Jazzfest. Yes there have been some but the the absence of some of that "Lone Star" talent has been egregious to me.
                      I could not agree more and have said that for decades. As you stated Texas is right next door yet hardly any artists from there play The Fest.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by duende View Post
                        The lines are getting blurry when your first impression is that this country fest will probably rock harder than most rock fest’s you’ve seen listed this year.

                        I am seriously considering going to this Fest although I really need to look into the logistics of getting there and where to stay. I wish it were in Texas instead.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Biggus Dickus View Post
                          Here's an update from The What Podcast. They say Voodoo is leaning "not happening" due to a dispute between C3/Live Nation and the City/Mayor's office. That would suck *** if true.

                          The tweet says that the city asked JF to cut down to one weekend, and they said no. The city is also the primary reason Voodoo is lean "not happening" as of right now.

                          Hopefully they can get their **** together at the city and work things out. Voodoo has been announcing first week of June, which ends tomorrow. But they don't announce on Saturdays. Link to tweet

                          https://twitter.com/thewhat_podcast/...04930587693061


                          Here's the Cloud Nothings poster with the announcement with October 30th whited out. Not sure if it's just a random placeholder bar, but New Orleans, LA would be about the same width as Washington, D.C. And the bar isn't that big. With Miami > blank > Dallas, that could be Austin or Houston. Again, Levitation is that weekend, and they'd be a decent fit for either Voodoo or Levitation.

                          god almighty. You can walk hand in hand protesting in the summer of 2020, but you can't have a festival after a vaccine roll-out. Smh.

                          I obviously know nothing about other contributing factors behind the decision making, but man this is frustrating. I hope for the some good news next week

                          Comment


                          • Enough is enough. This city desperately needs all of these fests this Fall. I've agreed with the mayor for the most part on how she dealt with this pandemic but now with vaccines it's time to fully open up now! It was so nice being in Austin for a week where everything is back to normal at the music clubs and concerts.

                            Comment


                            • At least it's not Covid related. Just too much all at once. Just do Voodoo in November. Cold and dark may appeal to some of the target audience.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
                                At least it's not Covid related. Just too much all at once. Just do Voodoo in November. Cold and dark may appeal to some of the target audience.
                                Ha. No. I've been to one that dipped down into the 40s. I can handle cold, but not during my concerts.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X