Other Festivals, 2021!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
    At least it's not Covid related. Just too much all at once. Just do Voodoo in November. Cold and dark may appeal to some of the target audience.
    One of the years I was there it was held very close to November and it did get a bit cold at night.
    Might have been the Neil Young year.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

I could not agree more and have said that for decades. As you stated Texas is right next door yet hardly any artists from there play The Fest.
      They certainly should book Austin's Jackie Venson. She is great.

And some of the first rate blues artists living in the DFW area: Tutu Jones, Bnois King, Larry Lampkin, E.J. Matthews.

And Shelley Carrol and Rachella Parks Washington would be good to see in the Jazz Tent.

Comment

• Originally posted by kh1958 View Post

And some of the first rate blues artists living in the DFW area: Tutu Jones, Bnois King, Larry Lampkin, E.J. Matthews.
        For sure. Off the top of my head, the only DFW area blues performer I know has played fest is Anson Funderburgh & the Rockets. As deep as that talent pool is, and as close as Dallas is, it's baffling.
        Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by swag View Post

For sure. Off the top of my head, the only DFW area blues performer I know has played fest is Anson Funderburgh & the Rockets. As deep as that talent pool is, and as close as Dallas is, it's baffling.
          Lucky Peterson lived in Dallas for decades (who died last year, and judging from his final facebook posts, it may have been from COVID), and who played some of the best blues sets I've ever heard over the years, played JazzFest exactly once.

Comment

Albert Collins ? Or was he not from Dallas ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Albert Collins ? Or was he not from Dallas ?
              He was from a small town in Texas, not from Dallas. Also, he's been dead for 28 years.

Comment

• FWIW, the Vaughan Brothers are from Ft. Worth.

Comment

• Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
                  FWIW, the Vaughan Brothers are from Ft. Worth.
                  Born and raised in Dallas - the Oak Cliff neighborhood - but I think of them as Austin guys, since that's where their careers really started.

Comment

• for those interested in a country-ish sound, there is a FREE festival in Baton Rouge in about 2.5 weeks that i've never heard of at all.
                    Steve Earle, Amanda Shires, American Aquarium, Lucero, Drivin n Cryin, Horton Heat, all free in late June. With tacos.
                    https://www.banditofestival.com/home

Comment

• Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
                      for those interested in a country-ish sound, there is a FREE festival in Baton Rouge in about 2.5 weeks that i've never heard of at all.
                      Steve Earle, Amanda Shires, American Aquarium, Lucero, Drivin n Cryin, Horton Heat, all free in late June. With tacos.
                      For a festival that soon, there's a surprising lack on info on the website/facebook.

Comment

For a festival that soon, there's a surprising lack on info on the website/facebook.
                        You're such a nitpicker. I bet you wanted the "location" and a bunch of high falutin' stuff like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post
                          for those interested in a country-ish sound, there is a FREE festival in Baton Rouge in about 2.5 weeks that i've never heard of at all.
                          I like Steve Earle and tacos.

Comment

• Buku said they are announcing their lineup tomorrow for Planet B, so that bodes well for the possibility of working with the city. It’s going to be a smaller version than usual so maybe that played into it. Idk. Release the whining NIMBY’s in Gretna screaming about their windows rattling.

Comment

It's like MOMS, it's only for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by festbabe View Post

I like Steve Earle and tacos.
                                I think in my single days my reaction to that statement would have been "are you married??" Two wink emojis in one thread from me. I better spend some time off line. Or do more research on the Bandito Fest........

Comment

Working...
                                X