Other Festivals, 2021!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by swag View Post
    Cool of them to have so many up and coming African-American women featured. My daughter loves Megan and also Flo Milli. I'm sure she'll be holding me up and screaming in my ears. Carti is a pretty good rapper. Earthgang guys are pretty good too. I saw Jamie XX once (Day for Night), and despite it being more "house" than what I like when venturing into EDM (I like the harder/headbanger stuff), it was pretty good and maybe even more interesting than when I saw The XX at Champions Square a few years back.

Comment

• Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post

In a fun coincidence, those are exactly the words that Canine Horror uses to describe how he feels about his beloved Tuesday evening "$9.95 All-You-Can-Eat Hot Wings Buffet" special at Larry Flint's Little Darlings club...
      Just do yourself a favor and watch the movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post

In a fun coincidence, those are exactly the words that Canine Horror uses to describe how he feels about his beloved Tuesday evening "$9.95 All-You-Can-Eat Hot Wings Buffet" special at Larry Flint's Little Darlings club...
        Well, my membership has expired now, due to the pandemic, and I'm really unsure whether or not to sign up again.

Comment

• Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post

Indeed it does but I don't think I'd want to leave Nashville early to make it to Franklin and it seems like they are also doing two day passes. Would love to find something along the way for Friday 10/1 and Saturday 10/2, arriving in Nola 10/2 or 10/3. I dunno. Not hypothetical about this as flying home from Nashville on 9/26 and then flying to NOLA 10/2 isn't necessarily easier than making it a longer trip by car. I just need to be sure I'm planted in place someplace during daytime 9/27 - 10/1ish to put in some time at work. Or maybe not if I still have a pile of time off to burn. These are good problems to have.
          I don't know whether or not you've been to Muscle Shoals, but that's well worth a stop. Watch the Doc as Lit suggests, and you'll want to visit.
          Of course there's always plenty going on in Memphis, and my favourite little spot Clarksdale has live music every night, and some very cool spots to visit.
          The only problem with your road trip would be the long drive back.

Comment

• Our favorite little blues festival is back in August 2021--the Chenango Blues Fest in central NY state. They've got Jimmie Vaughan, Kingfish Ingram, Mr. Sipp, Albert Castiglia, & more. They always seem to find someone new to me who is a fantastic surprise. https://www.chenangobluesfest.org/

Comment

• Originally posted by The Krewe of Chew View Post
              Our favorite little blues festival is back in August 2021--the Chenango Blues Fest in central NY state. They've got Jimmie Vaughan, Kingfish Ingram, Mr. Sipp, Albert Castiglia, & more. They always seem to find someone new to me who is a fantastic surprise. https://www.chenangobluesfest.org/
              That looks like fun to me

Comment

• Originally posted by Gards View Post

That looks like fun to me
                Wish you could make it!

By the way, they are requiring proof of vaccination (or a negative Covid test) to enter. Could this be the future of festivals? We are vaccinated and are fine with it. There were a few people on their Facebook page whining that they were trampling their rights. Many folks responded to the complainers that if they don't like the policy, just stay home.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Krewe of Chew View Post

Wish you could make it!

By the way, they are requiring proof of vaccination (or a negative Covid test) to enter. Could this be the future of festivals? We are vaccinated and are fine with it. There were a few people on their Facebook page whining that they were trampling their rights. Many folks responded to the complainers that if they don't like the policy, just stay home.
                  I don't if yall have followed the Florida story of the punk rock show and proof of vaccination, but in Florida the governor made it illegal to require proof of vaccination, so a punk band held a show for $1000 per ticket. 980 dollars off with proof of vaccination. You're not "required" to prove your vaccinated to get in.............

Comment

• Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post

I don't if yall have followed the Florida story of the punk rock show and proof of vaccination, but in Florida the governor made it illegal to require proof of vaccination, so a punk band held a show for $1000 per ticket. 980 dollars off with proof of vaccination. You're not "required" to prove your vaccinated to get in.............
                    Ha ha, pretty clever.

I think the proof of vax will eventually die out as things slowly get better.

Comment

It's at a VFW here in town; I'm thinking about going. Freebo, are you with me?

It's Teenage Bottlerocket, which I'm not familiar with. I got excited for a second because I thought it was Teenage Fanclub who incidentally have a new record.

eta: nevermind, they moved it to Tampa and the discount tickets are sold out.
                      Last edited by Headless Hornman; 06-10-2021, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• Voodoo just announced on twitter and instagram they are not having a festival this fall, going to wait until 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by 508tothe504 View Post
                          Voodoo just announced on twitter and instagram they are not having a festival this fall, going to wait until 2022
                          That eats diaper ***. ****! ****! Damn. Hopefully AEG can work stuff out with the city.

Comment

• Originally posted by 508tothe504 View Post
                            Voodoo just announced on twitter and instagram they are not having a festival this fall, going to wait until 2022
                            Disappointing, to be sure. It'll be interesting when Keith Spera's article on this come out, whether he gets any info on whether it was a city permit issue, or something related to their own finances or bookings. If the former, that's obviously be a bad sign for FQ Fest & Jazzfest. But the fact that Buku is on seems to be a good sign.

As far as Voodoo. It's always Halloween weekend, but I think extra-special when it falls on actual Halloween day. They've now missed a whole weekend cycle, with leap year skipping Friday, Covid canceling Saturday, and now Sunday canceled as well. The next 3 Halloweens from 2022 fall on a Mon, Tue, Thurs.
                            Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• So if Jazz Fest gets canceled or cut down to one weekend what happens to these already booked night shows?

lawyers...?? Perhaps they put clauses in the contracts??...no Fest contract is void?

Comment

Brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                                X