No announcement yet.

Other Festivals, 2021!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-update update to the nola.com article. Looks like the real story will remain under wraps.

Voodoo is produced by C3 Presents, an Austin-based subsidiary of global entertainment powerhouse Live Nation. A C3 Presents spokesperson said the festival's producers would not comment on the cancellation beyond the initial announcement released via social media.

That announcement did not indicate why organizers decided to stay on the sidelines for 2021. A range of business considerations likely factored into the consideration.
    Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Biggus Dickus View Post

Agreed. Jazz Fest is great, but to me, the festival itself is only part of those 7 days of music (plus daze between) because it ends so early. It's New Orleans. Who tf is turning shit down by 7:15pm? Almost no one. It's the night, late night and overnight shows that add the exclamation points. French Quarter Fest was wonderful 30-35 years ago. It's still fun. But everyone's seen all those acts countless times. And it gets outrageously crowded on the weekends to the point where I wonder what exactly is the point of me going? I'm okay for lunch on Thursday or Friday. But same thing with that. Who hasn't eaten everything there they ever wanted to try? How many Yakinku poboys (no mayo, add sesame seeds please) can I eat in a year? When GW Fins was putting out killer shit and when Crazy Johnnie had her crazy steak or crazy pork, those were kind of destination booths. Dickie Brennan's french bread stuffed with bbq shrimp or prime beef debris is good. Vaucresson is going to have good sausage. Tujague's will be there with their boiled brisket. And Trey Yuen will have crawfish in lobster sauce. Mrs. Wheat's? Check. Love all that, but I've eaten it countless enough times that I don't really want to fight crowds to get some. Then again, K-Paul's Butter Beans (which I usually hate) were always pretty damn good. Nevermind. I'm getting hungry at 9:35am. :/
      You are right. It's still fun. Face facts: we are jaded! Where else can you walk around with drinks and see so much free music? Usually I get to check out an act or two I haven't seen before and a few that I'll always go see. I usually only go for Thurs, maybe Fri and on Sunday later in the day. Just like Jazz Fest I tend to stay away on Saturdays and work instead.

Comment

• ​​​​​​

Comment

• FQF drops Sunday from this October's schedule to accommodate the Saints game that day:
          https://www.nola.com/entertainment_l...91ed8d5f9.html

Comment

• Originally posted by ShadyTree View Post
            FQF drops Sunday from this October's schedule to accommodate the Saints game that day:
            https://www.nola.com/entertainment_l...91ed8d5f9.html
            Thinking about the 'Fest Family' (VIP) passes.....

Comment

• Originally posted by smallyak49 View Post
              I know many of you may not like this kind of lineup or event, but after attending it in 2016 and securing my ticket this morning by staying up late, for next years expanded 20th anniversary version, I have too much excitement to not share with other fellow fest lovers. Plus, anybody that is into the lineup or likes traveling and attending fests in amazing cities with amazing environments no matter what the lineup, I highly recommend y'all experience Primavera once if you can swing it, whether joining me this year or going in a future year. Jazzfest and Primavera are the only fests I have been to, that I like/need/want to return to as often as possible. JF I do every year since, because its become tradition and can be done if planned right, annually. Barcelona is pricier and more time consuming, so 2022 will only be my 2nd primavera, but definitely not my last!

Just saw this. This fest blows away most US pop/rock fests every year. But even this one is starting to downhill talent wise. Lorde, Megan and Dua Lipa are headliners?
              Last edited by jjazznj; 06-17-2021, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post

From what i've seen online this was supposed to happen last year at a place called Galvez Plaza in BR and was a covid victim and they're trying to get it back up and running. Steve Earle starts a tour in Texas 4 days later so it's certainly possible he was planning it, but I haven't seen anything to indicate it is actually happening. In fact, I found that link at either Jambase or Live for Live Music (I forget which) and when I went back to confirm today which of those two it was, it wasn't on either. I think someone's reach exceeded their grasp or something like that
                I just got a message from them on FB saying this fest is on 8/21. They took all of the artists off of their website:

https://www.banditofestival.com/?fbc...XWSlPjEJmA3sFM

Comment

• Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

I just got a message from them on FB saying this fest is on 8/21. They took all of the artists off of their website:

https://www.banditofestival.com/?fbc...XWSlPjEJmA3sFM
                  I was going to post a little on this yesterday, but when i got online Swag's news about no Thursdays this year was up and I decided it wouldnt' do to push that down the page so quickly. Funny thing was, yesterday i went to the website and got one of those "404 page not found" messages. After seeing your post i went back this morning. The site is back up, has no artists, and still says it's next weekend. (I'm sure you're right about FB, I only rarely use my wife's account so i don't know). Not the best organized thing I've ever seen.

Comment

I was going to post a little on this yesterday, but when i got online Swag's news about no Thursdays this year was up and I decided it wouldnt' do to push that down the page so quickly. Funny thing was, yesterday i went to the website and got one of those "404 page not found" messages. After seeing your post i went back this morning. The site is back up, has no artists, and still says it's next weekend. (I'm sure you're right about FB, I only rarely use my wife's account so i don't know). Not the best organized thing I've ever seen.
                    The site says it's on Aug 21st. The guy who runs it messaged me again and said he partner committed suicide and that's why he's having a hard time getting it together.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

The site says it's on Aug 21st. The guy who runs it messaged me again and said he partner committed suicide and that's why he's having a hard time getting it together.
                      That's horrible news. The site looked the same to me this morning, but i just looked now and it says 8/21. That will likely mean a complete revamp of lineup based on artist availability.

Comment

That's horrible news. The site looked the same to me this morning, but i just looked now and it says 8/21. That will likely mean a complete revamp of lineup based on artist availability.
                        Yeah I doubt I'd go up to Baton Rouge (although surprisingly I've never been there)for this but maybe if Steve Earle was still playing.

Comment

That Bandito Fest in Baton Rouge is going to announce it's lineup tomorrow.

Comment

• That Bandito Fest in Baton Rouge announced their lineup today: Lucero, The Reverend Horton Heat, American Aquarium, Drivin' N Cryin', Elizabeth Cook, Dash Rip Rock & Elsah. Not a bad lineup for a free fest.

Bandito is BACK! After postponement due to the 2020 pandemic, Bandito Food & Music Festival returns with a lineup that continues the amazing musical precedent set by the first event in 2019. A perfect blend of country, rock-n-roll, and Americana with a touch of south of the border flair, the event will take place in downtown Baton Rouge’s Galvez Plaza, Saturday August 21 from 12:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.⁠

Festival Producer Chris Brooks states: "We are excited to bring the Bandito Festival back to downtown Baton Rouge. We know this has been a difficult year for everyone, especially for the Bandito Festival family with the loss of my friend, colleague and co-producer of this festival, Eric Carnegie. His vision and ability to bring people together to work towards a common goal was incredible. We plan on honoring "E" at this year's festival and many festivals to come.” ⁠

More details to come! Read about the lineup and get VIP Tickets now at www.banditofestival.com

Comment

• Without Steve Earle I';m not sure I'll make Bandito festival, but i do want to learn more about Lucero (who based on the name i thought was a rapper )

There are some interesting acts at this Sept fest in upstate NY
                              https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/bo...l-2021-lineup/

Comment

• Redneck Rave looks to have been all that and more. Surprisingly few arrests IMHO.
                                https://news.yahoo.com/redneck-rave-...033349725.html

Comment

Working...
                                X