X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't arrest everyone....

Comment

• The weekend before JF.

FreshGrass | Bentonville is a two-day, family-friendly music festival celebrating today’s bluegrass and roots music that will make its debut at The Momentary in Bentonville, AR on October 1-2, 2021.

Featuring Grammy award-winning artist Old Crow Medicine Show, Billy Strings, Jazz legend Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue, Steep Canyon Rangers, Aoife O’Donovan & Noam Pikelny, Alison Brown, Flor de Toloache, Leyla McCalla, a Tribute to Sister Rosetta Tharpe with Felicia Collins, Smokey & the Mirror, and The Ozark Highballers, with more than 15 bands in all! See the lineup, buy tickets, and get more information below.

Music performances will be accompanied by festival events that celebrate the culture around bluegrass and roots music, including workshops, legendary late-night jam sessions with professional musicians, a FreshKids area with family-friendly activities, local food favorites, and pop-up performances activating every space of the Momentary.

Comment

• IBC Memphis, January 18-22, 2022.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

Just saw this. This fest blows away most US pop/rock fests every year. But even this one is starting to downhill talent wise. Lorde, Megan and Dua Lipa are headliners?
          Yeah all fests cater to popular music more and more it seems. Primavera and Barcelona are awesome and lineup does not matter as much to me if I am making a Euro trip out of it, similar to my feelings of JF where the lineup does not matter to me to bring me to NOLA each year. But yeah, there is a lot of garbage for primavera standards on the bill lol. Also, a lot I want to see though as well.

Comment

• Latest email from Newport Jazz Festival:
            As an attendee, you and your friends and family will be required to provide one of the following to enter the venue:
            While we strongly advise you to bring your vaccination card or negative test results paperwork to the Fort this summer, all ticket holders are being asked to upload their documentation to CrowdPass – a software platform specifically designed for large outdoor events – so we can pre-screen and expedite your entrance into our event.
            If you are fully vaccinated, please complete the CrowdPass verification process as soon as possible to expedite the screening process and get you into the venue as quickly as possible! Once your vaccination card has been uploaded, it typically takes 1-2 hours for your status to be verified.

If you provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test, you will submit your proof of the negative test via CrowdPass no earlier than 72 hours before you arrive at the venue. If you try to submit earlier than 72 hours your submission will be rejected.

Once CrowdPass verifies your proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test, you will receive a digital health pass by email to present along with your tickets before you enter the venue. And don't forget to bring your negative Covid test paperwork with you to Fort Adams each day as a backup.

Comment

• Newport said as far back as May that vaccination or negative tests would likely be required. So this is just the details for that,

I'm glad this wasn't a new announcement, after tickets were already sold, less than 4 weeks out.
              Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• True but George Wein is Quint Davis' mentor, I thought.

Comment

• There are some notables in this year's lineup:

https://30asongwritersfestival.com/2...-announcement/

Comment

• RockyGrass in Lyon, CO is next weekend. July23-25. 3 day pass with onsite camping still available $275 drive out price.

Comment

• Voice of the Wetlands will not happen this year. Strong rumors are it will not happen again due to ongoing "issues".

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
                        Voice of the Wetlands will not happen this year. Strong rumors are it will not happen again due to ongoing "issues".
                        Bummer. We have had fun both at the old site and out on the Farmland.

Comment

• Baton Rouge Blues Fest.

I've never been, since it usually conflicts with Jazzfest. So maybe this year.

Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• I had figured Robert Finley would be a shoe-in for the Blues Tent this year.

Comment

• We are heading to this one... Goose has been a mainstay for us throughout the pandemic: Goose Presents Fred the Festival http://locknfarm.com/shows/goose

"Glamping" looked like a good option, we will see! Goose, of course; Dr. Dog farewell tour, some 20-somethings playing the Dead well (Grateful Shred), Dawes, Hiss a good time will be had by all.

Another one that looks like a lot of fun: Battle, Axe, and Tracks in Carson City Nevada

https://www.battleaxeandtracks.com/

Luther & Cody, Kenny Wayne Shepherd (never seen live), Samantha, and more. Only problem is that it is the weekend before we head to NOLA for first weekend JF... We'd regret it if we missed this one though. Our Axe throwing skills need some work anyway...

Comment

• Originally posted by JasperJohns View Post
                                We are heading to this one... Goose has been a mainstay for us throughout the pandemic: Goose Presents Fred the Festival http://locknfarm.com/shows/goose

Another one that looks like a lot of fun: Battle, Axe, and Tracks in Carson City Nevada

https://www.battleaxeandtracks.com/

Luther & Cody, Kenny Wayne Shepherd (never seen live), Samantha, and more. Only problem is that it is the weekend before we head to NOLA for first weekend JF... We'd regret it if we missed this one though. Our Axe throwing skills need some work anyway...
                                Hmmmmm... definitely reachable from my place, and oddly enough I'm not working that weekend! Mitigated slightly by a few larger print acts I'm apparently supposed to like but never quite got on with. Jelly Bread (Reno) is really fun, however. And can you have enough "axe-throwing experiences"?

Comment

Working...
                                X