Other Festivals, 2021!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by duende View Post

Hmmmmm... definitely reachable from my place, and oddly enough I'm not working that weekend! Mitigated slightly by a few larger print acts I'm apparently supposed to like but never quite got on with. Jelly Bread (Reno) is really fun, however. And can you have enough "axe-throwing experiences"?
    That Saturday looks nice as Carolyn Wonderland and Luther Dickinson would make it worthwhile. There is also that Hangtown Festival in Placerville, something that didn't exist when I lived in Auburn.

Comment

• Originally posted by chopitulas View Post

That Saturday looks nice as Carolyn Wonderland and Luther Dickinson would make it worthwhile. There is also that Hangtown Festival in Placerville, something that didn't exist when I lived in Auburn.
      We’re ticketed for that one! Always a treat to see those acts out our way.

Comment

• Other feats don’t compare, just ask QD.

Comment

• Yesterday as I was breaking down camp at Rockygrass (Lyons CO) a black bear was on the other side of the creek.
          My first sighting of a bear in the wild.
          The Stringdusters were my favorite set. They covered some Pink Floyd for about 2 mins. Bluegrass + Pink Floyd.
          Great sets from The Lil Smokies & Sam Bush Bluegrass Band.

Next up: Wheeling Blues Festival Aug.13-15 in Wheeling WV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post

Next up: Wheeling Blues Festival Aug.13-15 in Wheeling WV.
            Have you done this one before? We went in '09. It's a great little fest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Hornman View Post

Have you done this one before? We went in '09. It's a great little fest.
              We have never been before. There are 3 of us flying in from Houston, New Orleans and Atlanta and meeting up in Pittsburgh to pick up car.
              Short drive to WV.

Comment

• Originally posted by chopitulas View Post

There is also that Hangtown Festival in Placerville, something that didn't exist when I lived in Auburn.
                http://hangtownfestival.com/lineup/

3 nights of Railroad Earth
                Gov’t Mule
                St. Paul & the Broken Bones
                Galactic
                Leftover Salmon
                Twiddle
                The Travelin’ McCourys

The High Hawks High Hawks featuring Vince Herman (Leftover Salmon), Adam Greuel (Horseshoes & Hand Grenades), Chad Staehly (Hard Working Americans), Brian Adams (DeadPhish Orchestra), and Will Trask (Great American Taxi)

The Lil Smokies
                Nth Power X2 Including Nth Utero performing Nirvana
                Scott Pemberton O Theory
                Kamani (feat members of Nth Power, Dumpastaphunk, Lettuce, Snarky Puppy)
                Ida Mae
                Diggin’ Dirt
                Royal Jelly Jive
                Mescalito
                Island of Black & White
                Red Dirt Ruckus
                Birches Bend
                Joe Craven Emcee

And more to come!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JasperJohns View Post
                  We are heading to this one... Goose has been a mainstay for us throughout the pandemic: Goose Presents Fred the Festival http://locknfarm.com/shows/goose

"Glamping" looked like a good option, we will see! Goose, of course; Dr. Dog farewell tour, some 20-somethings playing the Dead well (Grateful Shred), Dawes, Hiss a good time will be had by all.

Another one that looks like a lot of fun: Battle, Axe, and Tracks in Carson City Nevada

https://www.battleaxeandtracks.com/

Luther & Cody, Kenny Wayne Shepherd (never seen live), Samantha, and more. Only problem is that it is the weekend before we head to NOLA for first weekend JF... We'd regret it if we missed this one though. Our Axe throwing skills need some work anyway...
                  I wonder if some of these bands will be playing HSB this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim View Post

I wonder if some of these bands will be playing HSB this year.
                    Just 217 miles apart - sounds likely!

The date overlap is kind of a bummer. HSB won't have axe throwing though...

Comment

• Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
                      That Bandito Fest in Baton Rouge announced their lineup today: Lucero, The Reverend Horton Heat, American Aquarium, Drivin' N Cryin', Elizabeth Cook, Dash Rip Rock & Elsah. Not a bad lineup for a free fest.

Bandito is BACK! After postponement due to the 2020 pandemic, Bandito Food & Music Festival returns with a lineup that continues the amazing musical precedent set by the first event in 2019. A perfect blend of country, rock-n-roll, and Americana with a touch of south of the border flair, the event will take place in downtown Baton Rouge’s Galvez Plaza, Saturday August 21 from 12:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.⁠

Festival Producer Chris Brooks states: "We are excited to bring the Bandito Festival back to downtown Baton Rouge. We know this has been a difficult year for everyone, especially for the Bandito Festival family with the loss of my friend, colleague and co-producer of this festival, Eric Carnegie. His vision and ability to bring people together to work towards a common goal was incredible. We plan on honoring "E" at this year's festival and many festivals to come.” ⁠

More details to come! Read about the lineup and get VIP Tickets now at www.banditofestival.com
                      Bandito Festival, along with their sponsors, have made the difficult decision to postpone this year’s festival due to circumstances the Baton Rouge community is currently experiencing from the Delta variant of Covid 19. This decision was made solely by the festival organizers and its partners.

All VIP ticket holders will have the opportunity to be refunded in full.

Please stay up to date through our social media channels for the new date for Bandito Festival!

https://www.facebook.com/banditofest...7383171855264/
                      Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by swag View Post

Bandito Festival, along with their sponsors, have made the difficult decision to postpone this year’s festival due to circumstances the Baton Rouge community is currently experiencing from the Delta variant of Covid 19. This decision was made solely by the festival organizers and its partners.

All VIP ticket holders will have the opportunity to be refunded in full.

Please stay up to date through our social media channels for the new date for Bandito Festival!

https://www.facebook.com/banditofest...7383171855264/
                        Uh-friggin'-oh. That was exactly my kind of fest line-up, too... Guess I should'a paid the refundable rez option for that extra "stones" lodging night, eh? When does the heckling of the hospitalized delta-variant non-vaxxed contrarians begin?

Comment

• Add Michael Arnones crawfish fest (NJ) to the cancelled list. ☹️
                          Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

Add Michael Arnones crawfish fest (NJ) to the cancelled list. ☹️
                            Bummer

Comment

Add Michael Arnones crawfish fest (NJ) to the cancelled list. ☹️
                              I am so sad Was looking forward to seeing my Threadhead friends even more than the music. See ya in October. (all fingers & toes crossed)

Comment

• Man! I was sooo looking forward to NJ Crawfish fest. 1st time was 2019 and I wondered why I'd never been before. Great venue, killer lineup, great fun. Hoping he can hang on and keep trying. Tough times !!

Comment

Working...
                                X