Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other Festivals, 2021!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

    I think by the end of the year a lot of fests will wind up postponing until The Fall like what happened earlier this year. And I really doubt there will be a Mardi Gras. The COVID forecast not looking good for this Winter.
    Rumors are exactly that and should be taken with a grain of salt, but what I'm hearing is that the powers-that-be at jazzfest are currently going back and forth between a festival in October 2021 or a festival in April 2022, but that April 2021 is no longer being considered as a viable option, and that even Oct 2021 will require immediate decision making and action.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post

      Rumors are exactly that and should be taken with a grain of salt, but what I'm hearing is that the powers-that-be at jazzfest are currently going back and forth between a festival in October 2021 or a festival in April 2022, but that April 2021 is no longer being considered as a viable option, and that even Oct 2021 will require immediate decision making and action.
      Not really surprised about that but am hoping that it might be Oct 2021 cause waiting until April 2022 seems like a long time to be away from the fairgrounds.... I think if they get a vaccine in early 2021, then October could be possible, I guess we'll have to wait and see...
      thanks for kind of confirming what we were thinking anyway

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

        I think by the end of the year a lot of fests will wind up postponing until The Fall like what happened earlier this year. And I really doubt there will be a Mardi Gras. The COVID forecast not looking good for this Winter.
        Can't cancel Mardi Gras, only the parades. It's a date on the calendar. I guarantee you there will be costumed revelers on the streets come Fat Tuesday !!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

          Can't cancel Mardi Gras, only the parades. It's a date on the calendar. I guarantee you there will be costumed revelers on the streets come Fat Tuesday !!
          No doubt. Personally I really don't care either way. Last year left a bad taste in my mouth, at least with the big parades. I'd be happy taking a year off. I was planning on getting out of town next year anyway as my job shuts down for 5 days but I doubt it now. All I care about is getting past all of this.

          Comment


          • #20
            2021 is starting to look much better.

            Pfizer said its vaccine has an efficacy rate of more than 90%.
            Sure glad we took an position in Pfizer 7/1/20.

            JF maybe Oct/2021. Who know maybe even April/May.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
              2021 is starting to look much better.

              Pfizer said its vaccine has an efficacy rate of more than 90%.
              Sure glad we took an position in Pfizer 7/1/20.

              JF maybe Oct/2021. Who know maybe even April/May.
              I plan to receive the vaccine as quickly as possible but I'm totally disturbed by the number of people who, as of this writing, hold unfavorable opinions of the vaccine. Twisted stuff.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post

                I plan to receive the vaccine as quickly as possible but I'm totally disturbed by the number of people who, as of this writing, hold unfavorable opinions of the vaccine. Twisted stuff.
                I don't know how anyone can know enough to have a favorable or unfavorable opinion at this point.

                Yesterday's news was promising, though.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post

                  I plan to receive the vaccine as quickly as possible but I'm totally disturbed by the number of people who, as of this writing, hold unfavorable opinions of the vaccine. Twisted stuff.
                  I agree. There will be more data available by the time the vaccine is available to the average person.
                  It has been reported that 200.000 doses will be available by the end of November. That is enough for
                  100,000 people due to second dose is required 3 weeks after the first dose.

                  We still need approval from the FDA.

                  1.3 million doses should be available in 2021. What they re not reporting is the timeline for that 1.3 million
                  doses.

                  Still thinking JF will happen in Oct.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    We both received the flu vaccine for the first time this year.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I am 57 and I hardly ever get sick. The one year I got the flu shot and I got the flu. I've been told I should get vaccinated for shingles. This COVID vaccination is just one more thing to think about.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Here is a list of 1000+ music festivals for 2021

                        https://listeningthroughthelens.com/...tivals-2021-2/

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
                          Here is a list of 1000+ music festivals for 2021

                          https://listeningthroughthelens.com/...tivals-2021-2/
                          I got "Page not found", which is probably accurate.

                          Comment


                          • #28

                            This link will work. 1000 festivals listed for 2021 - this is the first cut, will be updated regularly as new dates are announced

                            https://listeningthroughthelens.com/...estivals-2021/
                            Last edited by Rob D; 11-11-2020, 03:51 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post

                              I agree. There will be more data available by the time the vaccine is available to the average person.
                              It has been reported that 200.000 doses will be available by the end of November. That is enough for
                              100,000 people due to second dose is required 3 weeks after the first dose.

                              We still need approval from the FDA.

                              1.3 million doses should be available in 2021. What they re not reporting is the timeline for that 1.3 million
                              doses.

                              Still thinking JF will happen in Oct.
                              Correction:

                              From Pfizer:

                              " Based on current projections, we expect to produce up to 50 million doses in 2020 and up to 1.3 billion doses in 2021."


















                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post

                                Correction:

                                From Pfizer:

                                " Based on current projections, we expect to produce up to 50 million doses in 2020 and up to 1.3 billion doses in 2021."
                                Assuming two doses per person, that's enough for about 8% of the world's population.
                                Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X