• Show
Clear All

• belyin
    replied
    I am attending the Hyde Park Jazz Festival in Chicago toda

Leave a comment:

• ohio
    replied
    Not a festival, but after watching a ton of their pandemic streams, get to see The Mavericks live and in person tonight!

Leave a comment:

• Fred (Texas JF Fanatic)
    replied
    Old Settlers still needs volunteers. You will receive free 4 day pass, camping, parking and T shirt. $373 value. For 16 hours.

Volunteer - Old Settlers Music Festival

Order summary
    1 x General Admission (4 Day) - Regular Price
    $189.00
    1 x Meadow or Armadillo Parking Lot - Regular Price
    $40.00
    1 x Camping - Regular
    $110.00
    Subtotal
    $339.00

Fees

$34.30

Total
    $373.30

Leave a comment:

• Headless Hornman
    replied
    Originally posted by Jordan View Post
    Here are two reviews I wrote for the Sea Hear Now Festival in Asbury Park last weekend.

Nancy's photos, my words

Day 1
    Day 2

Hope you all enjoy them
    Great words and pics again!

"It is hard to admit that this reviewer had never heard of this ten-year-old band that many younger patrons cited as the sole reason they attended, but I guess we all have to feel old and out-of-touch sometimes."

Funny, I was car shopping yesterday and the 24 yo salesman had been to a bunch of the same shows and fests I've been to in the last couple of years.

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    Here are two reviews I wrote for the Sea Hear Now Festival in Asbury Park last weekend.

Nancy's photos, my words

Day 1
    Day 2

Hope you all enjoy them

Leave a comment:

replied
    Telluride Blues & Brews Festival

28th Annual - September 16-18, 2022 - Telluride, CO

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by innertube View Post
    What about the beer?
    During a normal year on Saturday between 12n-3p you have free unlimited craft beer from 34+ (?) brewers for tasting.
    This year with covid they did not have this. To be returned next year.

2021 beer:

​​​​​​Introducing San Juan Billy Goat Blonde Ale Brewed with Local Hops

New festival exclusive Blonde Ale was brewed as a collaboration between the festival, Sierra Nevada Brewing Company and Billy Goat Hop Farms.

We can all agree that things are a bit different this year, but cheers to the fact that we are all about to be in Town Park again enjoying the music and of course drinking delicious craft beer. We are thrilled to introduce and debut the San Juan Billy Goat Blonde Ale aka “Scapegoat” at the 2021 Telluride Blues & Brews Festival. Brewed by Sierra Nevada Brewing Company using fresh picked hops from our neighbors Billy Goat Hop Farm down the road in Montrose, Colorado, the Blonde Ale is a festival exclusive.

The Billy Goat Farm, is a small and passionate hop farm that produces an incredible crop. Fresh off of their fall harvest, we’re excited to have the owners Chris, Audrey, their team and a few spare hop vines amongst us at this years event.
    Last edited by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic); 09-22-2021, 03:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• innertube
    replied
    What about the beer?

Leave a comment:

• Lit
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post

It started to rain as Taj started playing. I ran back to camp but could hear the music from campsite.
    The music was great!

What a great venue and vibe. My first Telluride visit in two years.
    Aleady have camping passes for 2022 Telluride Bluegrass in June and will be back for my #2 festival
    in Sept./2022 for Blues.
    I have only been there once so far (for Blues & Brews in 2013) but agree that it is a great venue and vibe. I will be there for some skiing this winter but no festivals that I know of; still hope to get back there for another festival at some point as well.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Lit View Post

How was Taj Mahal?
    It started to rain as Taj started playing. I ran back to camp but could hear the music from campsite.
    The music was great!

What a great venue and vibe. My first Telluride visit in two years.
    Aleady have camping passes for 2022 Telluride Bluegrass in June and will be back for my #2 festival
    in Sept./2022 for Blues.

Leave a comment:

• Lit
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
    Another great year in Telluride. Great covid protocal. Mask required indoors and enforced. Including the merchandise tent
    and free town bus. You had to have your covid wristband before getting any other wristband.

First time to see some great artist. Hannah Wicklund, Larkin Poe, Gospel Comforters, Lukas Nelson and several older
    traditional Blues Artist including: Robert Lee Coleman, King Solomon Hicks, Jermie Albino.
    Caught Anders twice, always a favorite. Favorite sets were Allman Betts, Hannah Wicklund, Jamestown Revival and most of the older Blues artist.
    Neutral on St Paul & the Broken Bones and Nathaiel Rateliff. Why schedule non Blues headliners at Telluride Blues.
    Wish Samantha Fish would start playing Blues again.
    How was Taj Mahal?

Leave a comment:

replied
    Another great year in Telluride. Great covid protocal. Mask required indoors and enforced. Including the merchandise tent
    and free town bus. You had to have your covid wristband before getting any other wristband.

First time to see some great artist. Hannah Wicklund, Larkin Poe, Gospel Comforters, Lukas Nelson and several older
    traditional Blues Artist including: Robert Lee Coleman, King Solomon Hicks, Jermie Albino.
    Caught Anders twice, always a favorite. Favorite sets were Allman Betts, Hannah Wicklund, Jamestown Revival and most of the older Blues artist.
    Neutral on St Paul & the Broken Bones and Nathaiel Rateliff. Why schedule non Blues headliners at Telluride Blues.
    Wish Samantha Fish would start playing Blues again.

Leave a comment:

• danlachman
    replied
    Originally posted by chopitulas View Post

I once saw Ivan get up and walk to the sound board. When he gets up, he is not happy...
    He definitely was not happy on Saturday in Vallejo. He also wasn't using Dumpstaphunk's organ, so the whole thing made him kind of agitated. He was much happier on Sunday, and it showed in the performance.

Leave a comment:

• chopitulas
    replied
    Originally posted by JasperJohns View Post

Yeah, if it had been 10 degrees warmer on Mare Island that would have been good. It seemed like where they set the main stage had a wind tunnel effect from the big building. Behind the soundboard was less windy and sounded good. I noticed Ivan having issues and getting up and walking around... They should have brought in the HSMF crew to set up and run the stages / sound!

The moon was pretty cool when you could catch it through the clouds...

Awesome that you also checked out Mtn Sol! We thought about it, but decided not to go in the end. Great lineup (did you check out our favorite JGB cover band, JMF?), and good to hear that it was a nice sunny day.
    I once saw Ivan get up and walk to the sound board. When he gets up, he is not happy...

Leave a comment:

• JasperJohns
    replied
    Originally posted by danlachman View Post

Totally agree about Fantastic Negrito. Our second time seeing him, and he’s just getting better. He is incredibly charismatic. The problem with his guitar was not the only sound issue, as Ivan’s B3 was knocked out by generator issues. It was a fun time, although not the nicest day with wind gusts and lots of clouds.
    On Sunday we headed to Felton for Mountain Sol, which was also lots of fun. Dumpstaphunk’s set was longer than in Vallejo, and there were no technical problems. They covered Soul Vaccination again. It was a beautiful sunny day. California Honeydrops has the crowd dancing for their set, and then Ben Harper delivered an intense, powerful solo set. Some powerful, emotional vocals and fabulous guitar work. A nice way to finish a terrific weekend of music.
    Yeah, if it had been 10 degrees warmer on Mare Island that would have been good. It seemed like where they set the main stage had a wind tunnel effect from the big building. Behind the soundboard was less windy and sounded good. I noticed Ivan having issues and getting up and walking around... They should have brought in the HSMF crew to set up and run the stages / sound!

The moon was pretty cool when you could catch it through the clouds...

Awesome that you also checked out Mtn Sol! We thought about it, but decided not to go in the end. Great lineup (did you check out our favorite JGB cover band, JMF?), and good to hear that it was a nice sunny day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X