Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other Festivals, 2021!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by swag View Post

    Assuming two doses per person, that's enough for about 8% of the world's population.
    Most people I talk to are still surprised when I tell them they will need 2 doses, around 3 weeks apart and many may feel a bit ill after at least the first one and possibly the second. The govt will have to do a good job of convincing the public that the vaccine is safe and effective. It will take a while for everyone who wants it to be able to get it. Maybe the entire year.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
      Here is a list of 1000+ music festivals for 2021

      https://listeningthroughthelens.com/...tivals-2021-2/
      Has anyone ever been to that Big Ears Festival? At this point in my life they have the kind of music that really interests me. I love Jazz Fest and always go as I live blocks away but as I have said here repeatedly I rarely see any really interesting music there that I haven't seen before. Big Ears has a lot more newer and more forward thinking music.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by swag View Post

        Assuming two doses per person, that's enough for about 8% of the world's population.
        Pfizer is not the only company developing a vaccine.

        Worldwide there are 11 covid-19 vaccines in Phase 3 trial.

        Moderna should be reporting on their Phase 3 testing results in the next 2 or 3 weeks.
        They have received $! billion from the government in support for their vaccine development.
        The money on wall street is betting on Moderna. Their stock is up 30% in 2 weeks.

        Comment


        • #34
          JF might not happen April/May but October is looking better.

          Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious expert, told CNN he thinks the nation could start getting back to relative normality by April or July of 2021 saying he thought that would be possible to achieve by the second or third quarter next year.

          When Americans can gather again depends on a number of factors, Fauci told CNN giving the example of vaccines.

          Fauci pointed to the manufacturer Pfizer’s announcement that its early data shows its vaccine is more than 90% effective and a second company is expected to soon unveil its early results.

          “That’s great, but we have to get people to take the vaccine,” he said. “So, if we get the overwhelming majority of people taking the vaccine, and you have on the one hand an effective vaccine, on the other hand, a high degree of uptake of the vaccine, we could start getting things back to relative normal as we get into the second and third quarter of the year, where people can start thinking about doing things that were too dangerous just months ago."

          But all things have to be put together, he said, America “can’t just wish it happening.”

          Vaccines have to come, they have to be deployed and fundamental public health measures can’t be abandoned, Fauci said.











          3 hr ago

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

            Has anyone ever been to that Big Ears Festival? At this point in my life they have the kind of music that really interests me. I love Jazz Fest and always go as I live blocks away but as I have said here repeatedly I rarely see any really interesting music there that I haven't seen before. Big Ears has a lot more newer and more forward thinking music.
            I have, in 2018 and 2019--3 of the 4 days each year. I was going this year also but it was cancelled a couple of weeks before it was to happen. They have already said via email that it is not going to happen at its usual time in 2021; possibly later in the year.

            In 2018, I saw: Meshell Ndegeocello/Mark Ribot and David Hidalgo (duo)/Roscoe Mitchell Trio Five/Rova Saxophone Quartet/Milford Graves (Solo)/Ned Rothenberg (Solo); Evan Parker (solo); Tal National; Jenny Scheinman/ Cyro Baptista and Banquet of the Spirits/ Jason Moran and Milford Graves (duo)/ Roscoe Mitchell Trios/Rova Electric Ascension.

            In 2019, I saw: Peter Gregson/ Derek Gripper/ Nichole Mitchell Artifacts Trio/ Larry Grenadier (solo)/ Shai Maestro Trio/ Ralph Towner (solo)/David Torn (solo)/ Clearlight Ensemble (live soundtrack to Carnival of Souls); Columbia Icefield (Mary Halvorson)/ Wadada Leo Smith (solo Monk set)/ Amirtha Kidambi Elder Ones/ Tim Berne's Snakeoil/ Dejohnette Coltrane Garrison/ Bill Frisell and Mesmerists/ Vijay Iyer and Craig Taborn (duo).

            They have two venues that I would describe as fabulous--the opulent Tennessee Theater and the small Bijou Theater. These are the best venues by far. The other venues are: two churches, the Knoxville Museum of Art, The Standard, and the Mill and Mine. The latter two are standing clubs--the Standard is fairly small, and the Mill and Mine is a large club, basically a rock/popular music venue.

            All of the venues clear the house after each concert, so there tends to be a lot of waiting in lines to get in, unless you purchase premium tickets.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by kh1958 View Post

              I have, in 2018 and 2019--3 of the 4 days each year. I was going this year also but it was cancelled a couple of weeks before it was to happen. They have already said via email that it is not going to happen at its usual time in 2021; possibly later in the year.

              In 2018, I saw: Meshell Ndegeocello/Mark Ribot and David Hidalgo (duo)/Roscoe Mitchell Trio Five/Rova Saxophone Quartet/Milford Graves (Solo)/Ned Rothenberg (Solo); Evan Parker (solo); Tal National; Jenny Scheinman/ Cyro Baptista and Banquet of the Spirits/ Jason Moran and Milford Graves (duo)/ Roscoe Mitchell Trios/Rova Electric Ascension.

              In 2019, I saw: Peter Gregson/ Derek Gripper/ Nichole Mitchell Artifacts Trio/ Larry Grenadier (solo)/ Shai Maestro Trio/ Ralph Towner (solo)/David Torn (solo)/ Clearlight Ensemble (live soundtrack to Carnival of Souls); Columbia Icefield (Mary Halvorson)/ Wadada Leo Smith (solo Monk set)/ Amirtha Kidambi Elder Ones/ Tim Berne's Snakeoil/ Dejohnette Coltrane Garrison/ Bill Frisell and Mesmerists/ Vijay Iyer and Craig Taborn (duo).

              They have two venues that I would describe as fabulous--the opulent Tennessee Theater and the small Bijou Theater. These are the best venues by far. The other venues are: two churches, the Knoxville Museum of Art, The Standard, and the Mill and Mine. The latter two are standing clubs--the Standard is fairly small, and the Mill and Mine is a large club, basically a rock/popular music venue.

              All of the venues clear the house after each concert, so there tends to be a lot of waiting in lines to get in, unless you purchase premium tickets.
              Thanks for the rundown. All kinds of cool music that rarely if ever makes it down here to New Orleans.

              I would have loved to have seen that Mark Ribot and David Hidalgo duo show. I saw them together online somewhere. Great combo. I've seen both many times but never together.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post

                Pfizer is not the only company developing a vaccine.

                Worldwide there are 11 covid-19 vaccines in Phase 3 trial.

                Moderna should be reporting on their Phase 3 testing results in the next 2 or 3 weeks.
                They have received $! billion from the government in support for their vaccine development.
                The money on wall street is betting on Moderna. Their stock is up 30% in 2 weeks.
                Breaking News:

                We might be getting back to normal by the end of 2021.
                This is Great News!

                The Moderna vaccine is 94.5% effective against coronavirus, according to early data released Monday by the company, making it the second vaccine in the United States to have a stunningly high success rate.

                "These are obviously very exciting results," said Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease doctor. "It's just as good as it gets -- 94.5% is truly outstanding."
                Moderna heard its results on a call Sunday afternoon with members of the Data Safety and Monitoring Board, an independent panel analyzing Moderna's clinical trial data.

                Comment


                • #38
                  And Moderna’s vaccine can be transported and stored at a mere minus 20 Centrigrade - still not clear if you’ll see it at CVC or Rite-Aid, but you don’t have to be as much of a lab scientist to handle and administer it.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by duende View Post
                    And Moderna’s vaccine can be transported and stored at a mere minus 20 Centrigrade - still not clear if you’ll see it at CVC or Rite-Aid, but you don’t have to be as much of a lab scientist to handle and administer it.
                    I've heard that you chop it with a razor blade on a piece of glass and snort it with a $100 bill

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by 20/20 View Post

                      I've heard that you chop it with a razor blade on a piece of glass and snort it with a $100 bill
                      Then I'm sure it will be quite popular here in New Orleans.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

                        Then I'm sure it will be quite popular here in New Orleans.
                        You did the five boroughs. I could share some stories of nights there. Jazz clubs in Harlem come to mind immediately. Good times if you don't get too serious.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          With light at the end of the tunnel now is the time to regroup.
                          Things "should" be somewhat normal by the end of August.

                          Started looking at my bucket list.

                          Fayetteville Roots Festival 2021 tickets are on sale.
                          We were able to score front row. Our first Roots Fest.
                          August 26-29 is 9 months away. Fingers crossed.

                          #1 on my bucket list has been Americana Fest/Nashville
                          Americana has always been the same weekend as my #2 fest.
                          Telluride Blues.

                          Just found out a couple of months ago they are back to back
                          weekends. Another 14 day road trip. Our first Americana Fest.
                          Waiting on ticket sales. If timing works out we will try to stop
                          by The Caverns south of Nashville.

                          We hope to be up and running the second half of 21.


                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Shoot me up with both vaccines. Run Fred Run!!!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              BottleRock in Napa postponed from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
                              https://www.jambase.com/article/bott...september-2021

                              In local news, the City announced that Mardi Gras 2021 will not have any parades of any kind in Orleans Parish.

                              Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by swag View Post
                                BottleRock in Napa postponed from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
                                https://www.jambase.com/article/bott...september-2021

                                In local news, the City announced that Mardi Gras 2021 will not have any parades of any kind in Orleans Parish.
                                Mardi Gras krewes not told of New Orleans' 'no parades' plan; 'A total shock,' says Endymion leader


                                https://www.nola.com/news/article_51...be89a2f8b.html

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X