Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other Festivals, 2021!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    It would be great to see JF downsize. Maybe just 1 four day weekend in October. Limit attendance and schedule mostly local & regional
    artist. This would help with a lower budget by not booking any BNA. Maybe book 2 or 3 mid range BNA. I'm not sure what mid range BNA
    means. Maybe someone like Brandi Carlile, The Mavericks or someone like Los Lobos.
    Who knows, we might be back to near normal Oct/21.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post
      It would be great to see JF downsize. Maybe just 1 four day weekend in October. Limit attendance and schedule mostly local & regional
      artist. This would help with a lower budget by not booking any BNA. Maybe book 2 or 3 mid range BNA. I'm not sure what mid range BNA
      means. Maybe someone like Brandi Carlile, The Mavericks or someone like Los Lobos.
      Who knows, we might be back to near normal Oct/21.
      I don't like the 1 weekend part at all. I'd actually like to see 3 weekends! They go to all of the trouble setting everything up and I'm sure the vendors could use the money. I'm all for less or no BNAs (unless of course they could get Neil, Bruce or The Stones-haha)but lower entrance fees although I doubt that would ever happen.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by kh1958 View Post
        BIG EARS 2021


        Given the current situation, we’re going to postpone any plans for producing a Big Ears Festival in March 2020. There’s no way. It simply isn’t feasible. If there’s a lesson to be gleaned from the past nine months, it's to take nothing for granted and be flexible and ready to pivot as the situation demands.

        Nevertheless, we remain optimistic about the future — and about the possibility of staging Big Ears in 2021.

        Here’s what we have in mind:
        We're planning a scaled-down Big Ears Festival for late Spring, likely the weekend of May 27 - 30. We will, of course, proceed only if we can do so confidently and safely. Moving two months later will enable us to expand the festival’s traditional footprint, incorporating some beautiful outdoor spaces along with some of our traditional venues. There will be fewer performances than in the past few years — allowing us to open up more space in the overall schedule. We will also cap festival attendance at less than half of those we admitted for recent festivals.

        We also plan to present another festival weekend in late August or September. Ideally, this would be a second festival for 2021, also scaled-back in comparison to recent years. If the virus prevents us from staging a festival in late May, we will use this period to reschedule that event; otherwise, our goal is to create a second weekend of unique programming.

        In March of 2022, we plan to return with a full Big Ears Festival experience.

        While we're actively planning for a late May festival, we won't announce details until late January or early February. You’ll be the first to know once we have news. Safety for all is our foremost concern. Beyond that, we are, as always, fully committed to producing a Big Ears Festival that will be an enjoyable and successful experience for all who take part.

        In the meantime, we hope that you’ll stay in touch. We’re working on exciting new streaming initiatives and may even have a special surprise or two up our sleeves, depending on how the coming weeks play out.

        We're grateful for the tremendous enthusiasm and support for Big Ears that so many of you have shown. You make it possible for us to continue to do what we do — and we eagerly anticipate coming together for another unforgettable Big Ears weekend next year.
        Sounds good although it all seems so far off.

        Comment


        • #64
          With two vaccines purportedly 95% effective, there is finally reason for hope.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by kh1958 View Post
            With two vaccines purportedly 95% effective, there is finally reason for hope.
            There is more great news on the vaccine front. The Oxford vaccine shows promise. Also Pfizer is scheduled to file
            with the FDA tomorrow for approval. I keep hearing that approval might happen 12/10. Hopefully we can have 3 or
            4 vaccines within the near future.

            Question
            Will you be willing to take the vaccine?

            My thoughts.
            I might be reluctant to take it day one. But the general public will not have that option.
            The vaccine will enter Phase 4 after approval.

            Phase 4 tracks the drug's performance in real life scenarios and studies long term risk/benefits
            and any rare side effects.
            There will be more data available by the time we are able to receive it.
            We plan to take the vaccine asap. Maybe as soon as April.



            :

            Comment


            • #66
              I'm part of the stage 3 oxford vaccine trial. About 15 hours after the first shot, I got a fever. It resolved about 12 hours later. I've got my second shot scheduled for two weeks from now and am fully expecting to have a similar reaction. But it makes me much less anxious about continuing to report to work even though our number are much worse than in the spring when we were all working from home.

              I can only hope vaccines get up back to live music in some way, shape, or form in 2021.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by rigs32 View Post
                I can only hope vaccines get up back to live music in some way, shape, or form in 2021.
                Amen, clearly the world needs the wisdom, passion and groundbreaking, uniquely enlightened artistic and musical vision of Lizzo, Billy Strings, JRAD and Brandon "Taz" Niederauer now more than ever.
                Last edited by MormonMatthew; 6 days ago.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post

                  Amen, clearly the world needs the wisdom, passion and groundbreaking, uniquely enlightened artistic and musical vision of Lizzo, Billy Strings, JRAD and Brandon "Taz" Niederauer now more than ever.
                  Mr. Sun Shine is back!!!

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by rigs32 View Post
                    I'm part of the stage 3 oxford vaccine trial. About 15 hours after the first shot, I got a fever. It resolved about 12 hours later. I've got my second shot scheduled for two weeks from now and am fully expecting to have a similar reaction. But it makes me much less anxious about continuing to report to work even though our number are much worse than in the spring when we were all working from home.

                    I can only hope vaccines get up back to live music in some way, shape, or form in 2021.
                    You are one brave person for volunteering. Thank You!
                    You must have received the vaccine and not the placebo.
                    Please report back on any test results.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by MormonMatthew View Post

                      Amen, clearly the world needs the wisdom, passion and groundbreaking, uniquely enlightened artistic and musical vision of Lizzo, Billy Strings, JRAD and Brandon "Taz" Niederauer now more than ever.
                      Dont forget Van The Pseudo Science Man

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        I think there's a fair possibility we'll see concerts start happening again by mid-late Summer 2021. Were I to be cautiously optimistic, they might be able to pull off an October Fest, like they supposedly had briefly thought about for this year. That would give them until July to book acts and make an announcement. By then, hopefully enough of the population will have been vaccinated, and the virus spread will be contained.

                        Seems highly unlikely that we'll have achieved stability by April/May, since it will probably be at least February-March before the general population has access to the vaccine, and given the way some Americans prefer to Not deal with the virus, it will still be widespread 5 months from now.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by SoCalFestLover View Post
                          I think there's a fair possibility we'll see concerts start happening again by mid-late Summer 2021. Were I to be cautiously optimistic, they might be able to pull off an October Fest, like they supposedly had briefly thought about for this year. That would give them until July to book acts and make an announcement. By then, hopefully enough of the population will have been vaccinated, and the virus spread will be contained.

                          Seems highly unlikely that we'll have achieved stability by April/May, since it will probably be at least February-March before the general population has access to the vaccine, and given the way some Americans prefer to Not deal with the virus, it will still be widespread 5 months from now.
                          I think it may be a bit further into the year that a vaccine is readily available for anyone who wants it, more like late Spring/early Summer.

                          Do not forget that the vaccines take a month to kick in and that you need 2 shots around 3 weeks apart. Also as rigs32 attested to above, you may feel like crap after each shot.

                          Jazz Fest in The Fall would be great but I'm more looking forward to just going back to normalcy, traveling safely and seeing some great music in clubs and concert halls.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X