Other Festivals, 2021!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DownDaBayou View Post
    Agreed- plenty of interest to me in this line up. Lots of names I want to see but wouldn't be inclined to see as a headliner on tour. I've actually never seen the Avett Bros. Black Pumas are getting a lot of deserved radio air play and hype, so I'm looking forward to checking them out in person. I listen to the Waxahatchee album St. Cloud all the time- it is great. Liz Brasher is smoking hot, Lord Horror and I saw her in Nashville awhile ago and we were both smitten. Lots of great names on that Pilgrimage Fest lineup as well. I wouldn't be sorry if names from either of those lineups end up at October Fest.

Comment

• I'd do some drivin' for this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by fichadelphia View Post

Agreed- plenty of interest to me in this line up. Lots of names I want to see but wouldn't be inclined to see as a headliner on tour. I've actually never seen the Avett Bros. Black Pumas are getting a lot of deserved radio air play and hype, so I'm looking forward to checking them out in person. I listen to the Waxahatchee album St. Cloud all the time- it is great. Liz Brasher is smoking hot, Lord Horror and I saw her in Nashville awhile ago and we were both smitten. Lots of great names on that Pilgrimage Fest lineup as well. I wouldn't be sorry if names from either of those lineups end up at October Fest.

Black Pumas are an awesome band as I've been touting here for the last couple of years. One of the last great shows I saw pre-pandemic. I'm going to Austin in 2 weeks to see at least one, maybe 2 of their 5 soldout shows at Stubb's. First real/non distanced/2000 ppl concert I will be going to and first one for Austin. Time to put this vaccine to the test! Haha. Enough is enough!
        Last edited by jjazznj; 05-13-2021, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Lollapalooza is a go.

Lollapalooza – July 29-August 1, 2021 – Grant Park, Chicago

Comment

• Headed to this one at the end of summer! Never been to Iowa but this seems like as good of a reason as any! Incredible lineup!

https://www.hinterlandiowa.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
              My how things have changed over the years at Lollapalooza. Miley Cyrus is a headliner and Journey are playing?

The only one I ever went to was here in New Orleans back in 1996. Soundgarden, The Ramones and Metallica were the headliners.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swampdaddy View Post
                Headed to this one at the end of summer! Never been to Iowa but this seems like as good of a reason as any! Incredible lineup!

https://www.hinterlandiowa.com/
                Some great acts at that one. Black Pumas are great live. Leon Bridges will probably sing with Khruangbin. And Tyler Childers is dynamite.

Comment

• ACL Fest in Austin announcing lineup and selling tix tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjazznj View Post
                    ACL Fest in Austin announcing lineup and selling tix tomorrow.
                    ACL Lineup is out and it is just as bad as Lollapalooza with Miley Cyrus, Erykah Badu, Billie Eilish & George Strait as a headliners. People in Austin are all panning it as the worst lineup ever. Let's hope Jazz Fest goes in a totally different direction. It looks as though many artists would rather do their own gigs for better money than play the festival circuit or are just not ready to go out on the road yet.

https://www.aclfestival.com/lineup

Comment

People in Austin are all panning it as the worst lineup ever.
                      Well, people in Austin have been panning ACL as "worst lineup ever" every year for at least a decade now.
                      Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by swag View Post

Well, people in Austin have been panning ACL as "worst lineup ever" every year for at least a decade now.
                        Note that second weekend of ACL conflicts with first weekend of jazzfest, so we know that no one playing ACL will be at fest weekend 1. Weekend 2 maybe a different story.......

Comment

• Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post

Note that second weekend of ACL conflicts with first weekend of jazzfest, so we know that no one playing ACL will be at fest weekend 1. Weekend 2 maybe a different story.......
                          Not so sure about that. Could do Friday in N.O and Sunday in Austin, or visa/versa. They are relatively close to each other.

Comment

ACL Lineup is out and it is just as bad as Lollapalooza with Miley Cyrus, Erykah Badu, Billie Eilish & George Strait as a headliners. People in Austin are all panning it as the worst lineup ever. Let's hope Jazz Fest goes in a totally different direction. It looks as though many artists would rather do their own gigs for better money than play the festival circuit or are just not ready to go out on the road yet.

https://www.aclfestival.com/lineup
                            I think there are a few Texans who still revere George Strait and who would be up for the obviously SXSW-influenced shift in the line-up. What I'm wondering about is the complete absence of bands/musicians like Mike & the Moonpies, Band of Heathens, Robert Ellis, Shinyribs, Okkervil River, White Denim... you know, Austin-based bands that have been standard-bearers for the local scene for years and who would be expected to get a hometown-advantage booking to represent, like another festival we mostly adore. And I just connected the dots about the season - tell me that this fall Jazzfest won't be as miserably hot'n'humid as Austin'll be during ACL fest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

Not so sure about that. Could do Friday in N.O and Sunday in Austin, or visa/versa. They are relatively close to each other.
                              I suppose that’s right and stand corrected.

Comment

• Originally posted by swag View Post

This time they are right. Haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X