Feel free to use the '22 thread.

Other Festivals, 2022!! or "what else do we have to look forward to?"

https://www.jazzfestforum.com/forum/...ook-forward-to

Leave a comment:

• jjazznj

• jjazznj
    replied
    Originally posted by where yat brah View Post
    Welp............Hangout Fest has gotten to where I don't know ANYBODY performing:

www.hangoutmusicfest.com/lineup/
    Wow! What an awful lineup. I know some of the acts but none I'd want to see. I liked Leon Bridges before he went mainstream rnb. Paul Cauthen is a decent country singer.

Leave a comment:

• Headless Hornman

• Headless Hornman
    replied
    Originally posted by where yat brah View Post
    Welp............Hangout Fest has gotten to where I don't know ANYBODY performing:

Wow. I've seen exactly one and that was when he played basketball for LSU against the Gators when I was in grad school.

And yet the 2016 lineup has quite a few favorites. Does one typically become an out-of-touch old man in 5 years?

Leave a comment:

• where yat brah

• where yat brah
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fred (Texas JF Fanatic)

replied
    Originally posted by Fred (Texas JF Fanatic) View Post

Unfortunately we lost one more music fan today. Plus there is a 9 year old who is in a coma without brain activity.
    Sad............
    The 9 year old died today. It should have never happened.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Unfortunately we lost one more music fan today. Plus there is a 9 year old who is in a coma without brain activity.
    Sad............

Leave a comment:

• cp_deb

• cp_deb
    replied
    People magazine reports that expectant mother Kylie Jenner and her sister Kendall Jenner, who attended the festival with Kylie's three year old daughter Stormi, are all safe.

The news is weird.

Leave a comment:

replied
    This is so sad. Parents getting calls that their kid had died. The youngest 14 years old.

Houston (CNN)Members of a densely packed crowd surged toward a stage and were crushed against each other at a Houston music festival Friday night, killing at least eight people and injuring scores of others, witnesses and officials said.

The victims were 14, 16, two were 21, two were 23 and one was 27 years old, while one of the victim's ages remains unknown, Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner announced in a news conference Saturday evening. There are no people reported missing, the mayor added.
    At least 25 people were transported to the hospital and of those, 13 remained hospitalized Saturday afternoon, the mayor said. Five of them are under 18 years old, he added.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Gards View Post

very very sad indeed

And the promoters are going to be in deep shit
    The promoter was Live Nations.

Leave a comment:

• Gards

• Gards
    replied
    Originally posted by duende View Post
    Tragic, but I don't know preventable at a younger crowd... I vividly recall the moment I set childish things aside when my elder daughter (13-ish?), who I'd chaperoned to Metallica's And Justice For All tour, got swept straight away from me by the Gen Admission crowd's surging forward - not yo be seen again during the show. It was at exactly that moment that it occurred to me that we hadn't talked about what to do if we got separated... ugh. Afterward I walked around the entire arena before finding her standing next to a security staffer, her new concert shirt soaked and splotched with the crappy dye from a guy's cheap-ass leather jacket. But brother, was I relieved that the night hadn't ended the way I knew it could've. And I don't think more bartiers helps things in those settings, either.
    After the most recent of these tragedies there were a variety of design changes that were meant to be implemented to prevent things like this from happening again.

I can only assume that the rules vary from State to State to and Country to Country and that the attempt to have industry wide standards to did not go ahead.

Although they have got a lot stricter down here since an major incident at the Falls Festival in Lorne several years ago, which fortunately I was no longer involved with after about a 10 year run.

Leave a comment:

• duende

• duende
    replied
    Tragic, but I don't know preventable at a younger crowd... I vividly recall the moment I set childish things aside when my elder daughter (13-ish?), who I'd chaperoned to Metallica's And Justice For All tour, got swept straight away from me by the Gen Admission crowd's surging forward - not yo be seen again during the show. It was at exactly that moment that it occurred to me that we hadn't talked about what to do if we got separated... ugh. Afterward I walked around the entire arena before finding her standing next to a security staffer, her new concert shirt soaked and splotched with the crappy dye from a guy's cheap-ass leather jacket. But brother, was I relieved that the night hadn't ended the way I knew it could've. And I don't think more bartiers helps things in those settings, either.

Leave a comment:

• Gards

• Gards
    replied
    I have just been reading about this.

very very sad indeed

Instances like this should not be able occur in this day and age.

And the promoters are going to be in deep shit

Leave a comment:

replied
    Sad news here in Houston.

Travis Scott's Astroworld festival deaths: Live updates (cnn.com)

Leave a comment:

• HankAndLeeStamper

• HankAndLeeStamper
    replied
    Sorry, this is 2022, not '21, but it's a jambanders dream come true:
    https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/sw...t-2022-lineup/

Leave a comment:

replied
    Telluride Blues

Here is a great festival report at Telluride Daily Planet.

Looks like the average daily attendance was down a little at 7,252 vs 9,000 for a normal year.

Detail report:
    https://www.telluridenews.com/news/a...6b8038909.html

Leave a comment:

Working...
X