Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to safely hear live music in New Orleans ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blumie View Post

I’ve been to the Trash Pile for a couple of shows, including a really great Johnny Sketch show. It’s an empty lot in Central City that’s been converted into an outdoor venue that more closely recreates the vibe of a club than the other outdoor venues I’ve been to (though it’s BYOB). I think you need to find them on Facebook to be added to the group to see their listings and to buy tics.
    Haha. I was just about to ask about that place as I saw some decent shows listed or having happened there. I like the BYOB deal. Sam Price is playing there this Sat but no info about the venue anywhere. Where is this place?

Comment

• Originally posted by swag View Post
      The Governor just announced that the State will move to Phase 3 tomorrow (through at least end of March). Unless the Mayor adds additional restrictions, this will allow bars in NOLA to have 50% indoor capacity, and to present indoor live music.
      New Orleans exercising caution and not following suit yet.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Marignygregg;n857456] Sam Price and True Believers at Threadheadquarters ( B'macs ) next Weds. Free. Sounds like a winner.

Make sure that you buy both Jaye and Peris a drink as they are sponsoring the evening.

It will be from 5 till 7 so I am told.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

New Orleans exercising caution and not following suit yet.
          Our neighbors Texas and Mississippi on the other hand........All restrictions ended.

Comment

• Originally posted by swag View Post
            I was just reading that article but that's about all I could find about that place. I may go there on Sat night and check it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

Our neighbors Texas and Mississippi on the other hand........All restrictions ended.
              Very Stupid of them to do so, but not surprising.

With Texas being third on the USA mortality rate list from Covid, you would hope that they would err on the side of caution.

But why would common sense and logic enter in to it?

Comment

...and even though I'm no longer surprised by blatant disregard for science, I'm still left shaking my head.....

Comment

Haha. I was just about to ask about that place as I saw some decent shows listed or having happened there. I like the BYOB deal. Sam Price is playing there this Sat but no info about the venue anywhere. Where is this place?
                  So apparently the Trash Pile is a private place (backyard, maybe with a vacant lot adjacent?), the location/address is not public, you have to find a link to buy tickets on the FB page of one of the various folks playing there (like Sam Price and the True Believers) and then work the angles toward tickets (private email, etc) just to find out where it is.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Gards;n857470]
                    Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post
                    Sam Price and True Believers at Threadheadquarters ( B'macs ) next Weds. Free. Sounds like a winner.

Make sure that you buy both Jaye and Peris a drink as they are sponsoring the evening.

It will be from 5 till 7 so I am told.
                    Will do. Make sure Sam gets a tip or two as well. Surprised Jaye and Peris didn't book Sketch and them Dirty Notes.

Comment

• Originally posted by HankAndLeeStamper View Post

So apparently the Trash Pile is a private place (backyard, maybe with a vacant lot adjacent?), the location/address is not public, you have to find a link to buy tickets on the FB page of one of the various folks playing there (like Sam Price and the True Believers) and then work the angles toward tickets (private email, etc) just to find out where it is.
                      Yeah I found out a little more about the place. Looks like the guy wants to keep it very low key. I may go there on Sat to see Sam although not the part of town I'd bike to at night which is my usual mode of transportation.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Marignygregg;n857478]
                        Originally posted by Gards View Post

Will do. Make sure Sam gets a tip or two as well. Surprised Jaye and Peris didn't book Sketch and them Dirty Notes.
                        Enjoy.

You may well run in to some Sketchy Krewe there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gards View Post

Very Stupid of them to do so, but not surprising.

With Texas being third on the USA mortality rate list from Covid, you would hope that they would err on the side of caution.

But why would common sense and logic enter in to it?
                          The really awkward thing is that employers ("right-to-work" self-immolating legislation, of course) will be able to compel their employees to come back to work, whether or not they're masking in the workplace or deferring to vaccination status. I got a notice from my employer, a California critical infrastructure agency, allowing me to jump the line for vaccination, but we're only planning to move up to 50% staffing in the office. But whose rightful place in line would I take to get my dose now? I can wait (I hope) - and I'm finding that age is one thing you do not want to rush.

Comment

• I was worried that Florida would follow Texas but then it was pointed out that Florida never had a statewide mask mandate and restaurants have been allowed 100% capacity since last September. And today's news is that the Super Bowl wasn't a super spreader: https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...officials-say/

It's a mixed bag locally. Mask wearing is almost universal at the places I go. Positivity is between 5 and 6 percent. And there are county mask mandates for businesses; some bars in Tampa had their liquor licenses suspended for a few days.

Sunday I ate at an indoor restaurant for the first time in a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Hornman View Post
                              I was worried that Florida would follow Texas but then it was pointed out that Florida never had a statewide mask mandate and restaurants have been allowed 100% capacity since last September. And today's news is that the Super Bowl wasn't a super spreader: https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...officials-say/

It's a mixed bag locally. Mask wearing is almost universal at the places I go. Positivity is between 5 and 6 percent. And there are county mask mandates for businesses; some bars in Tampa had their liquor licenses suspended for a few days.

Sunday I ate at an indoor restaurant for the first time in a year.
                              I was in Tampa in early Nov for The Saints Bucs game. I stayed in Indian Rock Beach as one of my best friends owns a condo there. In Tampa people wore masks in all of the businesses we went into but we went to Clearwater to a beach club at night(huge mistake) and again for brunch and you would never know there was even a pandemic. Restaurants packed, little to no mask wearing.

Comment

• The March 5 Soul Rebels show at the Broadside is sold out, but they just announced four more Soul Rebels shows: April 2, May 7, June 11, and July 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X