Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to safely hear live music in New Orleans ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blumie View Post
    The March 5 Soul Rebels show at the Broadside is sold out, but they just announced four more Soul Rebels shows: April 2, May 7, June 11, and July 2.
    That's good news. I wanted to go tonight but I'm glad I was not able to grab tix as the weather kinda sucked.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjazznj View Post

That's good news. I wanted to go tonight but I'm glad I was not able to grab tix as the weather kinda sucked.
      It wasn't too bad. A bit of rain at the beginning and at the end, but nothing terrible. The show was really good. The sound was great. Very different, of course, than a Soul Rebels show at Le Bon Temps or Brooklyn Bowl (the two places where I'm used to seeing them).

Comment

It wasn't too bad. A bit of rain at the beginning and at the end, but nothing terrible. The show was really good. The sound was great. Very different, of course, than a Soul Rebels show at Le Bon Temps or Brooklyn Bowl (the two places where I'm used to seeing them).
        I can imagine. First off I can't sit down for a band like them! Haha. I also got a vaccine today and feel like crap so no way I would've gone but I will go next show they do there.

That place is cool under the circumstances plus I live right up The Greenway and get there in minutes. It will be interesting to see what happens there post-pandemic.

There is going to be a new Jazz Club right across Broad St. between The Greenway and that gas station. Mid City is the new live music hot spot when things open back up again.

Comment

I can imagine. First off I can't sit down for a band like them! Haha. I also got a vaccine today and feel like crap so no way I would've gone but I will go next show they do there.

That place is cool under the circumstances plus I live right up The Greenway and get there in minutes. It will be interesting to see what happens there post-pandemic.

There is going to be a new Jazz Club right across Broad St. between The Greenway and that gas station. Mid City is the new live music hot spot when things open back up again.
          We must be neighbors. I haven’t move in yet, but my house is right up the greenway, too.

Comment

• And here come the FOMS. George Porter posted a new in-person live gig on his Facebook page. He’s playing with Chris Adkins at Zony Mash Beer Project on March 20. I got so excited I quickly snatched up a $50 ticket before realizing I already had tics to see Tank & the Bangas and Bon Bon Vivant at Broadside that night.

I have confidence that George will be doing a lot more. So if anyone wants to buy my ticket ($50, includes two craft beers), DM me.

Comment

We must be neighbors. I haven’t move in yet, but my house is right up the greenway, too.
              I live on Iberville right by Katie's and behind Liuzza's.

Comment

I live on Iberville right by Katie's and behind Liuzza's.
                Toulouse near N. Rendon, a block from Parkway.

Comment

Toulouse near N. Rendon, a block from Parkway.
                  Beware, Parkway is addicting as is Blue Oak also nearby.

Comment

Beware, Parkway is addicting as is Blue Oak also nearby.
                    I dream about Parkway’s Thanksgiving poboy. November can’t come soon enough.

Comment

• I like how NOLA folks describe where they live by what restaurant is nearby.

I'm a couple of blocks behind Toups.
                      Visit my Jazzfest advice site: http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

Comment

• I am five homes down from Blue Oak. We can smell their smoker.

Comment

• Originally posted by festbabe View Post
                          I am five homes down from Blue Oak. We can smell their smoker.
                          I lived directly across the street for the first year they were open. There are worse things to have to smell 7 day a week. Haha.

Comment

• VIRTUAL CONCERT: Hot 8 Brass Band Presented by New Orleans Magazine
                            • Tuesday, March 9, 2021
                            • 5:00 PM 6:00 PM
                            • New Orleans Jazz Museum

Hot 8 Brass Band will perform live for the New Orleans Jazz Museum's socially-distant courtyard concert series on Tuesday at 5pm CST. This program is proudly sponsored by New Orleans Magazine.

Enjoy Jazz Music from home with the New Orleans Jazz Museum! Join the Jazz Museum online for their weekly Courtyard Live-stream Concert Series, in which dynamic jazz musicians perform live from the Jazz Museum’s balcony! Tune in every Tuesday at 5pm on facebook.com/nolajazzmuseum/live to watch for free.

Comment

• Originally posted by swag View Post
                              I like how NOLA folks describe where they live by what restaurant is nearby.

I'm a couple of blocks behind Toups.
                              Between Buffa's and Budsi's.

Comment

• Originally posted by festbabe View Post
                                I am five homes down from Blue Oak. We can smell their smoker.
                                Dear Lord, do we ALL live within a mile of each other? I'm a couple blocks down on Wilson. Being married to a vegetarian has made Blue Oak less of a threat to my waistline though.

Comment

Working...
                                X