Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIP Peter Green

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RIP Peter Green

    Such a fabulous guitarist.

    https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/m...d-73-1.4313771

  • #2
    Had the pleasure of seeing him at Fillmore East in '68 or '69 with original Fleetwood Mac... GREAT bluesman!
    RIP Peter....

    Comment


    • #3
      The best of the British bluemen. What a corker "Then Play On" is... When BB King sings your praises as he did about Peter, you know it is the real deal.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by chopitulas View Post
        The best of the British bluemen. What a corker "Then Play On" is... When BB King sings your praises as he did about Peter, you know it is the real deal.
        Sometimes he sounded as much like BB as BB. Great player

        Comment


        • #5
          RIP Peter

          I was lucky enough of see him a couple of times when he toured later in life and there were moments during those shows when you get to realise what a supreme talent he was

          Comment


          • #6
            Oh Well.

            Comment


            • #7
              Fleetwood Mac In Chicago (1969). I’ll take that over Rumours any day. Listen to it.

              https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flee...Mac_in_Chicago

              https://open.spotify.com/album/4vRzJ...SomXWjFmNnvTpA

              https://open.spotify.com/album/0wLDpHkO9TN4SPeysHnajk?si=tycH9G00Sjqzunt4yxsCNw
              Last edited by Blumie; 2 weeks ago.

              Comment


              • #8
                He was real Fleetwood Mac

                Comment


                • #9
                  Just been listening to an excellent tribute to Peter Green on Off The Record and they talked about when Clapton left the Bluesbreakers the story was told that John Mayall was asked how the new kid Greeny will go in the band and John replied " he will be better than Clapton" the asker was somewhat incredulous, so John then said something along the lines of "maybe not now but he will be"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Gards View Post
                    Just been listening to an excellent tribute to Peter Green on Off The Record and they talked about when Clapton left the Bluesbreakers the story was told that John Mayall was asked how the new kid Greeny will go in the band and John replied " he will be better than Clapton" the asker was somewhat incredulous, so John then said something along the lines of "maybe not now but he will be"
                    Every bit as good in blues, but Clapton took it further with Cream

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Blumie View Post
                      Fleetwood Mac In Chicago (1969). I’ll take that over Rumours any day. Listen to it.

                      https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flee...Mac_in_Chicago

                      https://open.spotify.com/album/4vRzJ...SomXWjFmNnvTpA

                      https://open.spotify.com/album/0wLDpHkO9TN4SPeysHnajk?si=tycH9G00Sjqzunt4yxsCNw
                      Apples & oranges
                      Early FM was pure blues, with the ladies, Pop

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by revjimk View Post

                        Apples & oranges
                        Early FM was pure blues, with the ladies, Pop
                        Yes, it is apples and oranges. Everybody is familiar with the oranges; very few people know the apples. My point is that I much prefer the apples to the oranges.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Blumie View Post
                          Yes, it is apples and oranges. Everybody is familiar with the oranges; very few people know the apples. My point is that I much prefer the apples to the oranges.
                          Same here!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Blumie View Post
                            Yes, it is apples and oranges. Everybody is familiar with the oranges; very few people know the apples. My point is that I much prefer the apples to the oranges.
                            The periods between bore some good fruit as well. The Bob Welch era was pretty damn good. Bare Trees is one of their finest albums, imo.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Marignygregg View Post

                              The periods between bore some good fruit as well. The Bob Welch era was pretty damn good. Bare Trees is one of their finest albums, imo.
                              Agree re: Bob Welch era. Bare Trees is terrific and, IMO, Mystery to Me is even better.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X